Mathew Downing - QB
Mason Wood - QB
Noah Ford - FB
Blake Anderson - OL - 3star
Palmer Henderson - OL
Payne Wood - Long snapper

Comments

• athensjohnathensjohn Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophmore

It looks like Nicholas Sligh is going to the Yale Bulldogs.

• donmdonm Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Anyone got some names to add to the list:

Mathew Downing - QB
    Mason Wood - QB
    Noah Ford - FB
    Blake Anderson - OL - 3star
    Payne Wood - Long snapper

A battle for scout team QB?

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@athensjohn good catch, updated

Also if anyone knows the rankings of current list (iif available) please feel free to add

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mathew Downing - QB - Not ranked - Montana State, Southern Illinois were his offers
    Mason Wood - QB - not ranked - couldn't find on 247 - 6'0" dual threat out of Jonesboro
    Noah Ford - FB - not ranked - played a year at Southern Illinois
    Blake Anderson - OL - 3star - I don't seem him ranked on composite - ****, GA - Ohio and Virginia offered. 6'5" 310
    Palmer Henderson - OL - not ranked - couldn't find offers - 6'0" 240 Center from Valdosta (maybe fullback/long snapper?)
    Payne Wood - Long snapper - couldn't find anything on him

• donmdonm Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yikes. We'll have enough walk-ons to start our own league at this rate.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

PWO group might be the biggest and most important part to the turnaround of UGA. This was another place where Richt was terrible at when putting a roster together.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone know where Peterson, Fields' go-to receiver from Harrison is going? I know we were looking at him for a PWO spot at one point. He had smaller school offers of I recall.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 559 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Teddy said:

Blake Anderson - OL - 3star - I don't seem him ranked on composite - ****, GA - Ohio and Virginia offered. 6'5" 310

I say this partly in jest. Who turns down a free ride at Virginia to be a PWO at UGA? LOL. I hope he has the grades that he is nearly covered the rest of the way financially by other programs. The Univerity of Georgia is a great school, but a degree from Virginia is heady stuff. I hope this kid becomes a starting lineman for the Dawgs, and if desired, furthers his career in the NFL. He clearly really, REALLY loves the Dawgs. I wish every kid could enjoy the family support this one obvious has surrounding him. Hats off!

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PTDawg said:
    Anyone know where Peterson, Fields' go-to receiver from Harrison is going? I know we were looking at him for a PWO spot at one point. He had smaller school offers of I recall.

He signed with Coastal Carolina.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He sounds like another academic scholarship player with his offers from Brown and Yale. He must have a NFL dream.

I wonder where Georgia's non scholarship players would fit in as a football team .

ED Ferguson Blake Watson Aleen Williams Sean Fogarty Sam Madden Daniel Gothard Wix Patton
    Stetson Bennett Caleeb Roberson
    Prather Hudson Ian Donald-McIntyre

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@Teddy said:

I say this partly in jest. Who turns down a free ride at Virginia to be a PWO at UGA? LOL. I hope he has the grades that he is nearly covered the rest of the way financially by other programs. The Univerity of Georgia is a great school, but a degree from Virginia is heady stuff. I hope this kid becomes a starting lineman for the Dawgs, and if desired, furthers his career in the NFL. He clearly really, REALLY loves the Dawgs. I wish every kid could enjoy the family support this one obvious has surrounding him. Hats off!

Yeah, I'm guessing he's on Hope scholarship, and parents can afford the rest. UVA is #3 public school in America, but UGA isn't too shabby at 16. Also depends on what he wants to get his degree in. Also, just realize it bleeped out Cu*mming, GA lol

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

His offers may not have been commitable offers

I think Madden is on scholly

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    I think Madden is on scholly

He is. Don't forget Jake Skole

I am sorry I had Madden in both scholarship and non-scholarship.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WR Jaylen Johnson is a PWO

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 10

Blake is a great addition with his size and academics. Other than Journalism or Communications, I would have passed on Ohio University as well even though that is my alma mater. Dave Johnson the OU OL coach just joined Bobo at CSU.

Read the Rivals article about the UVA offer and the s t u p i d OL coach never thought about leading with some open ended academic interest questions. Bronco Mendenhall and is assistants are the most bizarre staff I have followed since I attended my first college game in 1969. My wife earned her undergraduate and law degrees from UVA and she is redirecting her UVA athletic and academic donations to UGA.

@BobcatGrad said:
    Blake is a great addition with his size and academics. Other than Journalism or Communications, I would have passed on Ohio University as well even though that is my alma mater. Dave Johnson the OU OL coach just joined Bobo at CSU.

Read the Rivals article about the UVA offer and the s t u p i d OL coach never thought about leading with some open ended academic interest questions. Bronco Mendenhall and is assistants are the most bizarre staff I have followed since I attended my first college game in 1969. My wife earned her undergraduate and law degrees from UVA and she is redirecting her UVA athletic and academic donations to UGA.

He has a bit of a mean streak. Looks to really enjoy taking the opponent all the way to the ground.

https://n.rivals.com/news/virginia-surprised-blake-anderson-with-offer-no-1

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @sethemerson @JeffSentell What’s the chances of an article of these unsung DGDs ?

They do a lot of the dirty work without press clippings and don’t get a lot of general fan hype but they are part the reason for the turn around on the field. Iron sharpens iron and having a better scout squad only helps our starters performe better on game day. Kirby knew this and has made it a priority to have not only a great scholarship class but also great PWO classes.

Maybe a little article love and notariety could help land even better PWOs the following year.

@JeffSentell @sethemerson just bumping this up to hopefully get a little notariety for these PWOs

@JeffSentell Were you able to post an article about the POWs ? If I missed it I apologize.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    PWO group might be the biggest and most important part to the turnaround of UGA. This was another place where Richt was terrible at when putting a roster together.

I am a newer guy here, & I am asking because I simply do not know... Is this one of CKS strengths then? He "nails it" ,or an assistant(s)? do/does on assembling a good group of PWO's?

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules it’s a collective effort of the staff. Benson was a key addition as a PWO who made a big difference with the scout team. The better your PWO are the better your scout team will be. Since not every time freshman can fill the entire scout team.