South Carolina Delusion

dawgs18dawgs18 Posts: 23 ✭ Freshman

Heard a SC fan call into Finebaum yesterday and say he felt SC would go into the Clem game 11-0...I mean what kind of delusion do you have to obtain to think adding 2 decent recruits and a #19 overall class could give you the tools to beat UGA?!? And then run the table ...I can just picture these ppl seeing what UGA has and rocking back and forth in the bathtub mumbling “we got sandidge and Bentley back so we should be loaded” until they have fully qualified for a mental facility...it’s one thing to root for your team and be hopeful it’s another thing to completely ignore the reality of UGAs roster. Tenn,Fla and SC fans are about to have a really really bad 4-5 years or more

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably his finger stuttered; really meant 1-0 going into the Georgia game (if Peterson doesn't catch 4 TD passes)

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 71 ✭✭ Sophmore

Not that it means they'll be undefeated going into the Clemson game, but they also get Deebo Samuel back. He's a game changer.

@gdawg4life said:
    Not that it means they'll be undefeated going into the Clemson game, but they also get Deebo Samuel back. He's a game changer.

Yes he is IF he stays healthy. Has had numerous injuries in his 3 years - Hammy x 2, Broken leg, sprained foot.

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

@dawgs18 said:
    Heard a SC fan call into Finebaum yesterday and say he felt SC would go into the Clem game 11-0...I mean what kind of delusion do you have to obtain to think adding 2 decent recruits and a #19 overall class could give you the tools to beat UGA?!? And then run the table ...I can just picture these ppl seeing what UGA has and rocking back and forth in the bathtub mumbling “we got sandidge and Bentley back so we should be loaded” until they have fully qualified for a mental facility...it’s one thing to root for your team and be hopeful it’s another thing to completely ignore the reality of UGAs roster. Tenn,Fla and SC fans are about to have a really really bad 4-5 years or more

I would agree the caller was overly optimistic. He was making the point that they get Georgia at home early after so many seniors graduating, certainly something to consider. I pick Gamecocks 2nd in east at 9-3. Lose to Georgia Clemson and one of Florida or Texas AM. They should make SEC east proud.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

You should check out their 247 forum and read their 2018 predictions thread. Most of them think they beat us and go 10-2/11-1 to win the East then lose a close one to Bama. Quite comical.

They're also verrrrrry salty about losing out on Tindall and tbink he's gonna ride the bench and transfer. Apparently Kirby is bad at roster management and has too many linebackers.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hay they are fans. This time of the year every fan base is optimistic. I think they are the second best team in the SEC east. It would be even more unreasonable if you were a FL or TN fan and said something like that. Think what is has been like in the SEC west this time every year at Auburn, TA&M and LSU. It is time for the same kind of thought by everyone in the SEC east except Georgia..

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"I don't always talk about my ****, but when I do......

I'm READY!!!! ....for another Jaeger.........

• dawgs18dawgs18 Posts: 23 ✭ Freshman

@andrews1253 said:

@dawgs18 said:

I would agree the caller was overly optimistic. He was making the point that they get Georgia at home early after so many seniors graduating, certainly something to consider. I pick Gamecocks 2nd in east at 9-3. Lose to Georgia Clemson and one of Florida or Texas AM. They should make SEC east proud.

The focus on seniors UGA is losing is part of the misperception of UGAs roster next year - they are 2nd or 3rd in the SEC in returning starters...SC will be the second best team in the east next year which isn’t saying a whole lot but they are going to have problems keeping the UGA game within 3-4 scores - UGA played one of their worst games of the year in 2017 against SC , fumbled inside the 5 going in and still won by 2 TDs. This delusion is where the fan outrage comes from when they get hammered when in all reality they should have prepared themselves for that possibility but they will go after Muschamp even though he never had close to the roster to compete at that level.

I am surprised that the caller didn't mention that they finished #4 in the 247 with 17 blue chips and an average rating the same as UGA.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Lefty said:
    The Finebaum caller also stated that they will be playing us at night, I wonder where he gets his information? I believe that he's been hearing that rooster crow a few times to many.

A few of them seem to be under the assumption that College Gameday will be in Columbia for the game. As if it's going to be a top 10 match up or something...

• BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I feel sorry for them. They've really been irrelevant since time immemorial, their mascot is a gamecock and that gotdamn rooster crowing sound effect they use in the craphole that is columbia is enough to drive a man to the brink.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

@gdawg4life said:

He is a great one, but our special teams is pretty dadgum good. No returns for Deebo

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Precious. That fan base is special in the Lords eyes.

• dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BojanglesInsider said:
    I feel sorry for them. They've really been irrelevant since time immemorial, their mascot is a gamecock and that gotdamn rooster crowing sound effect they use in the craphole that is columbia is enough to drive a man to the brink.

Let us not forget that annoying sandstorm or whatever kick off song. Most nerve racking game for me every year is the one where USCjr plays at home

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

They have reason to be optimistic. A talented roster and one of the elite defensive minds in college football. That will be a tough game for the Dawgs. Imagine the need to have a winning program for them right now with the current state of their two biggest rivals - Clemson and Georgia. In their minds, if those two programs can make the CFP then why shouldnt they?
    It is hard to give credit to your rival. We both got lucky and so therefore all they need is a little more luck. That's what they are telling themselves. Optimism trumps cutting your wrist.

Oh, and dont ever expect Kirby to blow out a Muschamp coached team. He will slow things down if necessary just avoid embarrassing him and hurting their friendship.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 370 ✭✭✭ Junior

@gdawg4life said:

This right here...

• Wayxdawg4everWayxdawg4ever Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophmore

@gdawg4life said:

Did you see what Deandre Baker did to Calvin Ridley in the National Championship game?

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 370 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Wayxdawg4ever said:

@gdawg4life said:

Did you see what Deandre Baker did to Calvin Ridley in the National Championship game?

I agree with this, and I think Baker will stick to Samuel like flies on doonkie but that kid is dangerous and deserves respect.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@dawgs18 said:

@andrews1253 said:

@dawgs18 said:

The focus on seniors UGA is losing is part of the misperception of UGAs roster next year - they are 2nd or 3rd in the SEC in returning starters...SC will be the second best team in the east next year which isn’t saying a whole lot but they are going to have problems keeping the UGA game within 3-4 scores - UGA played one of their worst games of the year in 2017 against SC , fumbled inside the 5 going in and still won by 2 TDs. This delusion is where the fan outrage comes from when they get hammered when in all reality they should have prepared themselves for that possibility but they will go after Muschamp even though he never had close to the roster to compete at that level.

UGA won't run up the score on SCAR if they don't have to. Muschamp is a good friend of Smart's. Reference the fact that we could have put an exclamation point on last year's game, but chose to kneel on the ball instead of tacking another one on.

@UnderDog68 said:

@dawgs18 said:

@andrews1253 said:

@dawgs18 said:

>

UGA won't run up the score on SCAR if they don't have to. Muschamp is a good friend of Smart's. Reference the fact that we could have put an exclamation point on last year's game, but chose to kneel on the ball instead of tacking another one on.

The score of that game or any game will not be predicated on a coaches relationship with the other ...smart won’t “run it up” on anyone these games get out of hand because the other team can’t stop big runs late in the game which is likely to be the case this year with SC...when you get late 3rd and to the 4th and your depth is far superior and fresher than the others 1s this what happens.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will be very surprised to see Will Muschamp trot out a team that isnt tough against the run. USC has players, too.

Need to remember that Scar lost players also; 3 of their top 5 tacklers from last year are gone.

@Bankwalker said:
    I will be very surprised to see Will Muschamp trot out a team that isnt tough against the run. USC has players, too.

They don’t have depth is the point

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

Their D line is not going to be as good in years past.

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 71 ✭✭ Sophmore

@Bigcalidawg said:

@gdawg4life said:

He is a great one, but our special teams is pretty dadgum good. No returns for Deebo

He's not just dangerous on special teams. He's pretty good at WR too. He will have to be accounted for to avoid the big play.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophmore

I live in SC and I have respect for Muschamp's ability to coach a defense.

There's a reason the only teams to hold us to less points than SC were ND, Auburn and Bama.

But... they were offensively limited this past year and will be next year as well. And it's not because of an injury at WR... their main issue is simply the fact they don't have a capable running back. Their running game is no threat... UGA will be able to focus entirely on developing a scheme to stop their passing game. Literally every back they have would be last on UGA's depth chart.

So we may not be able to put up 30 points against them. But they probably will struggle to score 14 against us.

• DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@dawgs18 said:

Funny, they think they are the ACTUAL USC, it's kinda comical

• RunLindseyRunRunLindseyRun Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I also live in S.C. It is disgustingly humorous listening to those “experts”pontificate on how they know more about college football than anyone! Every Coot recruit is expertly discovered by their great staff. So how is it that in 2018 UGA had 10 players rated as 5 star recruits and the Coots have had only FOUR (4) Five Star recruits EVER!

• GunnerDawgGunnerDawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

To be fair @USC is a dangerous game for Georgia. 2nd game of the year, a lot of new starters on D. Will be a test for the Dawgs