Video guys...can someone do an Eason tribute?

pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need an Eason video. Someone please put one together.

«1

Comments

  • donmdonm Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @pgjackson said:
    We need an Eason video. Someone please put one together.

    mentioned in the Thunder and Lightning video thread.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @donm said:

    @pgjackson said:
    We need an Eason video. Someone please put one together.

    mentioned in the Thunder and Lightning video thread.

    I saw that. Thought it deserved it's own thread. Hopefully someone will put one together.

  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I appreciate the contributions of Jacob Eason, and wish him well. Just realize that if Eason crushes it at UW that he will become a negative recruiting story for the competition to use against UGA in terms of player development. Let's wish him well and move on.

  • tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 298 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @tymoon31 said:
    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

    Didn't he have like three 4th quarter comebacks, not counting the UT fiasco? With out him I don't think we get to a bowl game last year.

  • tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 298 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @pgjackson said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

    Didn't he have like three 4th quarter comebacks, not counting the UT fiasco? With out him I don't think we get to a bowl game last year.

    Lambert couldve gotten us to a bowl game.

  • donmdonm Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @tymoon31 said:

    @pgjackson said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

    Didn't he have like three 4th quarter comebacks, not counting the UT fiasco? With out him I don't think we get to a bowl game last year.

    Lambert couldve gotten us to a bowl game.

    Not sure I agree with that.

  • tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 298 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @donm said:

    @tymoon31 said:

    @pgjackson said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

    Didn't he have like three 4th quarter comebacks, not counting the UT fiasco? With out him I don't think we get to a bowl game last year.

    Lambert couldve gotten us to a bowl game.

    Not sure I agree with that.

    Why not? He did in 2015.

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @donm said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Lambert couldve gotten us to a bowl game.

    Not sure I agree with that.

    If Lambert would have be able to get us to a bowl game, it would have been one of the bottom tier bowls , probably as a 6 win team. Eason had one decent year, would rather see a tribute to the seniors we lost, or to Roquan.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Bankwalker said:
    I appreciate the contributions of Jacob Eason, and wish him well. Just realize that if Eason crushes it at UW that he will become a negative recruiting story for the competition to use against UGA in terms of player development. Let's wish him well and move on.

    If UGA keeps winning they can’t negatively recruit that, no matter what Eason does. Winning matters most in recruiting.

  • oldon42oldon42 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @tymoon31 said:

    @pgjackson said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

    Didn't he have like three 4th quarter comebacks, not counting the UT fiasco? With out him I don't think we get to a bowl game last year.

    Lambert couldve gotten us to a bowl game.

    Without Eason who played behind a very poor O-line Georgia would have lost to:
    North Carolina Georgia was losing when Eason came in
    Missouri won in a shootout,
    Ole Miss,
    Tennessee would not have been close,
    Vanderbilt their line backer destroyed Georgia all by himself,
    Florida,
    Kentucky won in a shootout and
    Georgia Tech
    I am not sure about Nicholls State and Auburn. What kind of bowl would Georgia have been in at 4-8

  • tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 298 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @oldon42 said:

    @tymoon31 said:

    @pgjackson said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

    Didn't he have like three 4th quarter comebacks, not counting the UT fiasco? With out him I don't think we get to a bowl game last year.

    Lambert couldve gotten us to a bowl game.

    Without Eason who played behind a very poor O-line Georgia would have lost to:
    North Carolina Georgia was losing when Eason came in
    Missouri won in a shootout,
    Ole Miss,
    Tennessee would not have been close,
    Vanderbilt their line backer destroyed Georgia all by himself,
    Florida,
    Kentucky won in a shootout and
    Georgia Tech
    I am not sure about Nicholls State and Auburn. What kind of bowl would Georgia have been in at 4-8

    Ok, whos to say lambert wouldnt have won the same games. He wouldnt have made the mistakes eason made in a lot of those games. At least lambert could check into the right play. My point is, eason did the same thing lamert did in 2015. Does lambert deserve a tribute video as well?

  • oldon42oldon42 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @tymoon31 said:

    @oldon42 said:

    @tymoon31 said:

    @pgjackson said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Come on man... he played 1 year for us and wasnt lights out. Its a dawg eat dawg world and he lost out. Sucks for him, but hes not dead and he doesnt want to compete. So no, he doesnt need a "tribute" video.

    Didn't he have like three 4th quarter comebacks, not counting the UT fiasco? With out him I don't think we get to a bowl game last year.

    Lambert couldve gotten us to a bowl game.

    Without Eason who played behind a very poor O-line Georgia would have lost to:
    North Carolina Georgia was losing when Eason came in
    Missouri won in a shootout,
    Ole Miss,
    Tennessee would not have been close,
    Vanderbilt their line backer destroyed Georgia all by himself,
    Florida,
    Kentucky won in a shootout and
    Georgia Tech
    I am not sure about Nicholls State and Auburn. What kind of bowl would Georgia have been in at 4-8

    Ok, whos to say lambert wouldnt have won the same games. He wouldnt have made the mistakes eason made in a lot of those games. At least lambert could check into the right play. My point is, eason did the same thing lamert did in 2015. Does lambert deserve a tribute video as well?

    Maybe what would Georgia have down without him in 2015.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Eason recruited well for us and stayed true to commitment even after CMR was let go. Pretty sure we got some highly rated players that may not have come except they wanted to play with Eason. That in itself helped us have the season we had last year. So yes, give the guy some credit. DGD!!

  • HankHank Posts: 309 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 11

  • tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 298 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

  • donmdonm Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Hank said:

    Interesting. It looked to me like he could throw passes with touch and had a rifle when needed. It also looked like he could run when he had to. Brent Musberger said Isaac Nauta was the TE of the future. Little did he know. At times, this video looked like a Nauta highlight film. Thanks for posting it.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Here’s the thing, if Eason flips at the changeover in 2015, I shudder to think where our team would be. He gave us some great memories. If Lorenzo gets in front of that Hail Mary maybe we have the confidence to win the east.

    I had a lot of fun watching him and I wish him all the best. A small tribute video isn’t going to hurt anyone or take away from current team members

  • pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Excellent video! Thanks for doing that. Eason is going to absolutely destroy the P12.

  • donmdonm Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 11

    @Kasey said:
    Here’s the thing, if Eason flips at the changeover in 2015, I shudder to think where our team would be. He gave us some great memories. If Lorenzo gets in front of that Hail Mary maybe we have the confidence to win the east.

    I had a lot of fun watching him and I wish him all the best. A small tribute video isn’t going to hurt anyone or take away from current team members

    Take away the UT and GT defensive gaffs and we are 10-3 and in a much better bowl and people feel a lot better about JE.

  • VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @BojanglesInsider said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

    A tribute video never hurt anybody and it isn't like we're giving him the heizmann. Plus he was a DGD and he will always be a DGD even as he becomes a husky. Not everything has to be based on skill for merit. Give the young man a break.

    Sorry Bojang, I can’t swallow calling a soph transfer a DGD.

  • BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @VaBeachDawg said:

    @BojanglesInsider said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

    A tribute video never hurt anybody and it isn't like we're giving him the heizmann. Plus he was a DGD and he will always be a DGD even as he becomes a husky. Not everything has to be based on skill for merit. Give the young man a break.

    Sorry Bojang, I can’t swallow calling a soph transfer a DGD.

    His departure was completely amicable so yes he is a DGD. He was always one snap away from being the starter again in 2217. Unfortunately the depth chart swallowed him and his confidence collapsed as we saw in the one game where he had jitters. The young man had to leave for a fresh start.

  • oldon42oldon42 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @VaBeachDawg said:
    Sorry Bojang, I can’t swallow calling a soph transfer a DGD.

    He could have be Eason first and not team first. As a DGD he was team first and a class act. That is what i will always remember.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @VaBeachDawg said:

    @BojanglesInsider said:

    @tymoon31 said:
    Sounds like a participation trophy to me.

    A tribute video never hurt anybody and it isn't like we're giving him the heizmann. Plus he was a DGD and he will always be a DGD even as he becomes a husky. Not everything has to be based on skill for merit. Give the young man a break.

    Sorry Bojang, I can’t swallow calling a soph transfer a DGD.

    Short minded. This kid brought a lot UGA besides his stats and playing time.

  • greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Video guys, while you are at it, can you throw in a tribute to “Girls of the SEC: Athens is Heaven on Earth”? If you have to have a quick clip of Eason at the beginning, so be it.

  • BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @greshamdisco said:
    Video guys, while you are at it, can you throw in a tribute to “Girls of the SEC: Athens is Heaven on Earth”? If you have to have a quick clip of Eason at the beginning, so be it.

    I humbly offer my services as the camera man for extra, necessary footage as long as this doesn't turn into some type of casting couch thing.

  • DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @pgjackson said:
    We need an Eason video. Someone please put one together.

    Lol, kidding right?

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.