How many times did Fromm make the tackle after throwing an INT?

jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 36 ✭ Freshman

I know it is at least 2 but I want to say 3. I tried googling it but couldn't find anything about it. Either way, how cool (and risky) is it that we have a QB who is willing to lower his shoulder and prevent the already bad play from becoming worse?

Comments

• DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah that's a good competitive spirit, but honestly I would rather him get the freek out of the way, defenders after a TO are ALWAYS looking to lay out a QB.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophmore

He had 3 tackles last year.

I'm not sure if they came after interceptions or fumbles... but they had to come after a turnover of some kind.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I checked the tape. Fromm threw one tackle each in the Missouri, Kentucky, and NCship game. Each time it was after a pick. Love this QB who will get physical to make the stop.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DaWGfan01 said:
    Yeah that's a good competitive spirit, but honestly I would rather him get the freek out of the way, defenders after a TO are ALWAYS looking to lay out a QB.

See Aaron Murray against Alabama in the SEC championship game. Believe it was right before half. Took a helmet to helmet hit and had no idea it was coming until the last second.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 649 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

See Aaron Murray against Alabama in the SEC championship game. Believe it was right before half. Took a helmet to helmet hit and had no idea it was coming until the last second.

wasnt that was a cheap shot when he was just walking around?

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Greatest QB tackle of all time.

Great tackle by Luck, kinda sucks he would get a targeting call now for that hit, probably ejected since that was definitely helmet to helmet.

@cf_ugaman said:

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

It was a cheap shot in my opinion. I gave that example in agreement to Dawgfan’s statement. Defense is always looking to take a shot on a QB whenever they can.

• donmdonm Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@cf_ugaman said:

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

It was a cheap shot in my opinion. I gave that example in agreement to Dawgfan’s statement. Defense is always looking to take a shot on a QB whenever they can.

my eyesight isn't the best but it looked to me like very borderline. His helmet either hit or just missed the ball carrier's face mask. If I was his coach, I'd pay the fine (if he was a pro then). That has to get the rest of the team going. I definitely DON'T see it as a cheap shot.

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@cf_ugaman said:

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

my eyesight isn't the best but it looked to me like very borderline. His helmet either hit or just missed the ball carrier's face mask. If I was his coach, I'd pay the fine (if he was a pro then). That has to get the rest of the team going. I definitely DON'T see it as a cheap shot.

Maybe I being biased. I agree that unloading on a smaller guy not paying attention or part of the play is borderline cheap.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

Talking Aaron Murray and cheap shots always reminds me of the Auburn game when NF tried a couple of times to cripple him. No respect for that dude what so ever.

@orlando said:
    Talking Aaron Murray and cheap shots always reminds me of the Auburn game when NF tried a couple of times to cripple him. No respect for that dude what so ever.

Don’t start. Trying to enjoy my night.

@JRT812 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@cf_ugaman said:

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

Maybe I being biased. I agree that unloading on a smaller guy not paying attention or part of the play is borderline cheap.

Didn't he tackle a person carrying the ball - a person as large or larger than himself? Or was I watching the wrong play?

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@cf_ugaman said:

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

Didn't he tackle a person carrying the ball - a person as large or larger than himself? Or was I watching the wrong play?

I think several different plays are in the discussion here in this thread, the tackle by Andrew Luck was a great tackle but definitely helmet to helmet, probably not flagged then because was like 7-8 years ago, but I think there are also people referencing some of the hits made on Murray when he was at UGA (Nick cheap shot fairy), and another one in the SEC championship game versus bammer in 2012.

@DaWGfan01 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@cf_ugaman said:

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

I think several different plays are in the discussion here in this thread, the tackle by Andrew Luck was a great tackle but definitely helmet to helmet, probably not flagged then because was like 7-8 years ago, but I think there are also people referencing some of the hits made on Murray when he was at UGA (Nick cheap shot fairy), and another one in the SEC championship game versus bammer in 2012.

thanks. I was referring to the Luck tackle. I remember the Fairley tackle well. Cheap shot w/o a doubt. Gutless non-call by the ref who was right on the play.

@donm said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@donm said:

@JRT812 said:

@cf_ugaman said:

@JRT812 said:

@DaWGfan01 said:

thanks. I was referring to the Luck tackle. I remember the Fairley tackle well. Cheap shot w/o a doubt. Gutless non-call by the ref who was right on the play.

Not sure how we went down this rabbit trail but this is what I was originally referring too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cGLtoKL3dvI

I see where it went crooked. It’s on me for quoting the wrong post by Dawgfan. No excuseses, but I was on my phone. My original response was to his original response. I apologize for the confusion and didn’t realize there were so many different hits talked about

Got to laugh. For a minute, I was confused how Donm didn’t see my thinking on Murray hahaha. Apologize again Donm.

@JRT812 said:
    Got to laugh. For a minute, I was confused how Donm didn’t see my thinking on Murray hahaha. Apologize again Donm.

No problem. I just never saw the video Murray at first. Only saw the Luck video. Couldn't see what folks thought was a cheap shot.