Already has 167 composite ranking points with the first 7 on board:

1) J Haselwood
2) N Smith
3) D Blaylock
4) J Perry
5) R Goede
6) J Bertrand
7) L Griffin

Add in the 7 strong leans (3-4 of which should be on board by G-Day), and we're at 274 points - good for a top 10 class in 2018... with only 14 commits... and 7-9 spots remaining.

1) O Pappoe
2) T Walker
3) A Booth
4) T Marshall
5) J Eboigbe
6) B Norton
7) W McClendon

Kirby and this staff are going to help passing the time between now and September 1 a lot easier - better stay on your toes:

Comments

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree to an extent. Although i believe Booth signs elsewhere and Eboigbe isnt a priority over Norton, Wooden, McLendon, B. Smith, and Hinton. But I think this classhas kess star potential but a higher floor potential if that makes sense.

By the way do you or @tiger_62082 know if our recent boost in interest from Eaford at LB means a shift in Pappoe or Marshall? As well as Mark Anthony Richards at safety meaning a drop in a guy?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Pappoe is all DAWG bc he knows he can come in Day 1 and compete for one of those ILB spots

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oboige is a HUGE HUGE HUGE priority. Now that he's getting exposure he is flying up boards. Throw in Dontae Walker to that group. I also fully expect us to pull in an additional 5 star player from the following: flip Chris Hinton, Trey Sanders, Q.Crouch, Zacch Pickens or Clay Webb.

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 318 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 12

I am wondering in Griffin will remain in this class. He has had two acl tears in two years. Just hate that for the kid.

Booth is still a Clemson lean, but he knows he is a Georgia priority.

SDE will be very interesting this cycle. Dontae Walker, Norton, Wooden, and Eboige, not to mention Pickens of South Carolina and trying to flip Hinton. Norton is a definite UGA priority and he likes Georgia a lot.

Luke Griffin is a lock in the class. Pittman is talking to the kid and continues to check on his rehab as well as Chubb being in consistent contact on how to come back from it. Plus he was the first 2019 commit. I think he stays on and the injury helps him increase his strength.

As for Eboigbe I didnt feel he was that high on the board. After watching tape I stand corrected.

• HunkerDown10HunkerDown10 Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 said:

Yikes. Griffin may be awarded some kind of medical scholarship if he gets injured again this yearrather than an athletic one. There are a lot of high quality OL that Pittman has put us in a good position to give the staff pause in taking a kid who you are unsure about his ability to stay healthy. Off the top of my head, there’s Devontae Dobbs, Warren McClendon, Harry Miller, Wanya Morris, Anthony Bradford, Trente Jones, & Jaelin Humphries. There are many others as well.

Humphries could end up on either side of the ball (I like him at the nose), but there's a high probability he ends up in this class as well. Don't see the star power of '18 in this OL class, but the primary focus here is building depth, not necessarily finding instant impact guys.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think in 2019/20 we can take some big body projects along with a few guys who can try to compete right away. I'm liking the depth of our OL going forward. Hoping we can start to build some of that along the DL as well

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    I think in 2019/20 we can take some big body projects along with a few guys who can try to compete right away. I'm liking the depth of our OL going forward. Hoping we can start to build some of that along the DL as well

Going forward Georgia is going to concentrate on quality and take very few projects. When you are competing for the best recruiting class every year there is not much room for projects. What few will all be from Georgia.

• HunkerDownHunkerDown Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Pappoe is a Dawg for sure. This class is sick. Haselwood rated higher than AJ Green was. Insanity.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HunkerDown said:
    Pappoe is a Dawg for sure. This class is sick. Haselwood rated higher than AJ Green was. Insanity.

Didn't AJ go in the top 10 in the NFL draft, something like # 6 or thereabouts? That's high praise for young Haselwood. Hope he's up to the challenge.

• AtlDawgAtlDawg Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Which running back do you see in this class?

@tiger_62082 said:

What are your thoughts on big Trente Jones? I like his versatility (OT, OG, DT) and size. He doesn't have an offer yet. Could he be in this class?

I do as well, but don't see him as a priority at this point. We've got 3 higher regarded guys in our back pocket and Pitt is going to swing for the fences on Kardell Thomas, Clay Webb, and a few others to see if we can steal a guy we otherwise have no business even being in the running for.

@AtlDawg said:
    Which running back do you see in this class?

T.B.D. - But with Dell McGee and Coley's track record in the Miami area, I could see the stars lining up for Daniel Carter

@tiger_62082 said:

Which 3 kids are you referring to? If you can't mention names, which I understand, can you tell me if they're in state or out of state? Which position do you like Trente best at in college?

Two in and one out - Warren I'm comfortable saying is ours to be had if Pitt sees fit. UGA pull is greater than uncle Bryan's (who could be moving on after next year anyways).

I think Trente's got the length to be a RT, but you'd probably get different answers from different staffs.

LSU is in serious decline - and with Jimbo at A&M and Herman at Texas in addition to Patterson and Rhule - their Texas pipeline will dry up. Kardell recently shut things down but if LSU has a bad year (and Joe Alleva & Orgeron are on the heat seat and / or fired), then he could change his mind. In addition to Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, South Florida, Virginia, & Mississippi are stocked full of quality in 2019.

Know he says that, but a year is a long time for that young man. Wouldn't be surprised to hear louder rumblings in the fall.

Personally, I'd take Webb over any OL in this class. Gonna be tough to pull from Bama, but these other guys are all going to take 2-3 years. Webb is the one guy that competes at center day 1.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@oldon42 said:

@Kasey said:

Going forward Georgia is going to concentrate on quality and take very few projects. When you are competing for the best recruiting class every year there is not much room for projects. What few will all be from Georgia.

Ed Zachary!!! You only take on projects because you have to. That's where Pruitt and Muschamp are at this point.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HunkerDown10 hearing any news on the commitment front ?

Trezman and Pappoe plan to be officially in the fold this spring.

Hunter will likely commit as well, but he's a highly emotional guy who is liable to change his mind at least once between now and signing day...

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HunkerDown10 said:
    Trezman and Pappoe plan to be officially in the fold this spring.

Hunter will likely commit as well, but he's a highly emotional guy who is liable to change his mind at least once between now and signing day...

Completely agree about Hunter. He often mentions how he wanted to be at UF his freshman year. Florida is the school most familiar to him. He said his heart is with UF but his head is with UGA. I think this will end with him at UGA opposite of Rick Sandidage decision.

• otis1105otis1105 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

Apparently there is talk on vol quest about pappoe and W. Morris committing to utjr soon. The vol fan base is hopelessly optimistic about every recruit so it's hard to gauge if there is ever any truth. Just wondering if anyone here has more info. More than I want either player I want utjr to miss on all players. But I really want pappoe!

I believe Vol fans are basing it off twiter

OP just went to Auburn and said he has a clear top 2 now, which the Dawgs must still be in.

Nebraska May be dropped, can Clemson hold on or did someone else sneak in ?

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    OP just went to Auburn and said he has a clear top 2 now, which the Dawgs must still be in.

Nebraska May be dropped, can Clemson hold on or did someone else sneak in ?

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-owen-pappoe-top-two-georgia

Georgia number 1 and Auburn number 2. Clemson fell off a little bit.

• KobeBryantKobeBryant Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore

BUMP