Pick your game!

DawgBKDawgBK Posts: 55 ✭✭ Sophomore

If you could attend any game in the nation, other than who Georgia is playing, which game would you like to see most?

Not that it's the best but I'd still like to see OSU and Mich just because of the hatred and the lead up to it.

Comments

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawgBK said:
    If you could attend any game in the nation, other than who Georgia is playing, which game would you like to see most?

Not that it's the best but I'd still like to see OSU and Mich just because of the hatred and the lead up to it.

As somebody who went to Michigan, I can tell you that the Michigan vs. Ohio State rivalry is not what you think. Maybe two or three decades ago it was something special, but here's how it went down a little over a decade ago when I was there.

When OSU came to Michigan, I was shocked to see that the stands did not fill up in that game until halfway through the second quarter. Most students were content to sit most of the time and talk amongst themselves. It did not get loud by any means. Also, I will tell you that people up there (mostly students) really look down upon Georgia as a state. I was actually more shocked by this - it seemed like they assumed I was some dumb hillbilly because I was from Georgia and Georgia fan. My former classmates would kill me for saying this, but honestly, UGA vs. South Carolina is more of an intense environment than OSU coming to Michigan. Maybe its because this series has not been competitive for Michigan, but that was my experience. I will say I have never seen the game played at OSU. Not sure if that would be different.

Oh and I forgot to tell you which game out of conference I would want to see - I have a few:

Any game where the opponent is blowing out Florida.

But also the Red River Rivalry (OU vs. Texas) during it's heyday would have been a heck of series for any college football fan to see. I also remember the Oregon vs. Stanford games when Oregon had Chip Kelly and Stanford had Harbaugh were pretty fun to watch.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Army-Navy game..... another bucket list game to check off.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Utah-BYU just to see these Mormons sinning

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In conference: bama @ lsu

Out of conference: Army/Navy

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    The Army-Navy game..... another bucket list game to check off.

Beat me to it.

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 358 ✭✭✭ Junior

Iron Bowl: Alabama/Auburn
    Army/Navy greatest game in sports!

@BamaDawg said:
    In conference: bama @ lsu

Out of conference: Army/Navy

Those are good picks. Maybe the iron bowl. Honestly, it’s hard for me to get pumped or pay attention to games outside of when UGA is playing, so I may not even enjoy the iron bowl

However, always heard the Army/Navy game is special.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Army - Navy game !!

• fmr33fmr33 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

Would love to check out a PSU white out one day. Bring in Michigan or OSU - sounds fun to me!

My old man went to PSU, so would love to share that experience with him.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GSU and app state

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ Junior

The BIG HOUSE, yak yak yak YAK!

Both DEATH VALLEYS too!

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any game in Tuscaloosa that 'bama loses would be great to watch, love seeing their fan suffer. LSU vs Alabama in Death Vallry on a Saturday night. A Saturday night game at Virginia Tech against a big opponent, watched their game against Clemson on TV last year and it seemed like a great atmosphere.

@coastaldawg said:
    **Any game in Tuscaloosa that 'bama loses would be great to watch, love seeing their fan suffer. ** LSU vs Alabama in Death Vallry on a Saturday night. A Saturday night game at Virginia Tech against a big opponent, watched their game against Clemson on TV last year and it seemed like a great atmosphere.

Well, they're not losing in Tuscaloosa anytime soon. Call me crazy or a homer, but I'm being realistic here, the next big threat to giving Alabama their first home loss in awhile is when our DAWGS go down there come 2020. To beat Alabama you must have a dynamic QB playing at a high level in college, and we'll either have a fully experienced Jake Fromm or a dual threat Justin Fields starting by then. We'll win in that stadium just like we did in 2002 and 2007.

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 191 ✭✭✭ Junior

The ultimate game I would love to be at and see: Hawaii beating Florida badly in Aloha Stadium

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apple Cup. I’m a Wazzu grad. I’m pretty confident UW is going to own us for many, many years...but it’s a fun game to attend. Haven’t been anywhere near Washington since graduation in 1992.

@Red_N_Black said:
    The ultimate game I would love to be at and see: Hawaii beating Florida badly in Aloha Stadium

I would seriuosly consider paying four figures for a ticket to this. Watching Florida get blown out - seeing all their sad fans in the stands and then having a week long Hawaii vacation after that?

Bingo.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’ve always wanted to watch a game at LSU.

Rivalry wise, maybe Oregon vs Oregon State. Catch a good contact high.

edited February 23

@pgjackson said:
    Apple Cup. I’m a Wazzu grad. I’m pretty confident UW is going to own us for many, many years...but it’s a fun game to attend. Haven’t been anywhere near Washington since graduation in 1992.

PG bro - took me a minute hahaha. I saw “us” and my first response was to go kick the dog. One for barking and waking the baby who has a double ear infection and two for “going to own us” Guess I need to get up to date on the apple cup hahaha

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know it’s suppose to be a team not UGA but I would love to see UGA vs FL! I’ve seen UGA play all teams in the East and all the big boys from the west.. Maybe one day!

Out of conference game for me would be Miami vs Notre Dame! Cons vs Catholics!

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If it’s based on watching the most skilled teams as of now, outside GA, then it has to be the Iron Bowl. A few decades ago FSU/Miami or OSU/UM.

• WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I live in SLC, Utah...I agree with @Kasey, the BYU-Utah rivalry is just nasty. A whole lot of Mormons (on both sides) hating on one another. It's hilarious! Especially considering that both fanbases are delusional as they come. Do you know how many times I'm told the Pac12 is "the conference of champions" and they could play with the SEC any given Saturday? And how BYU is a "legacy" program. And you can tell they genuinely believe it! It's pure entertainment...I've been to 3 "Holy Wars" and you won't find a more entertaining game...in the stands anyway.

• DawgBKDawgBK Posts: 55 ✭✭ Sophomore

@JKFlyfish said:

@DawgBK said:

As somebody who went to Michigan, I can tell you that the Michigan vs. Ohio State rivalry is not what you think. Maybe two or three decades ago it was something special, but here's how it went down a little over a decade ago when I was there.

When OSU came to Michigan, I was shocked to see that the stands did not fill up in that game until halfway through the second quarter. Most students were content to sit most of the time and talk amongst themselves. It did not get loud by any means. Also, I will tell you that people up there (mostly students) really look down upon Georgia as a state. I was actually more shocked by this - it seemed like they assumed I was some dumb hillbilly because I was from Georgia and Georgia fan. My former classmates would kill me for saying this, but honestly, UGA vs. South Carolina is more of an intense environment than OSU coming to Michigan. Maybe its because this series has not been competitive for Michigan, but that was my experience. I will say I have never seen the game played at OSU. Not sure if that would be different.

Yea I guess in my mind I was thinking a game at the horseshoe. But interesting to hear that it's not as intense as I hear. OSU people are always talking that they do it so much bigger than SEC rivalries. So have always been curious to see. But a tie with that, I think it would be awesome to go to the Red River Rivalry Shootout whatever they are calling it now.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WildDawg said:
    I live in SLC, Utah...I agree with @Kasey, the BYU-Utah rivalry is just nasty. A whole lot of Mormons (on both sides) hating on one another. It's hilarious! Especially considering that both fanbases are delusional as they come. Do you know how many times I'm told the Pac12 is "the conference of champions" and they could play with the SEC any given Saturday? And how BYU is a "legacy" program. And you can tell they genuinely believe it! It's pure entertainment...I've been to 3 "Holy Wars" and you won't find a more entertaining game...in the stands anyway.

And I’m guessing some very attractive co-eds