G day parking \ traffic control was TERRIBLE 2 years ago. Will they fix it this year?

theoriginalpitbulltheoriginalpitbull Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really wnat to come to G day this year, but I can't if there will be no traffic control. 2 years ago it took 30 minutes to get out of my parking deck, and then more than an hour to get to the loop. Don't know how it was last year. Didn't want to fight the traffic again.

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2 years ago was CKS's first G-Day game as a head coach and with the #1 QB signee participating in the game. He asked for 93,000 to come and I would place it at more like 100k plus. I was there too, and had to stand the whole time because we arrived "late" (45 minutes before the start).

Not sure that this year's numbers will match that, but it very well could. If so, I'm sure they will be more than ready after what they saw 2 years ago.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    2 years ago was CKS's first G-Day game as a head coach and with the #1 QB signee participating in the game. He asked for 93,000 to come and I would place it at more like 100k plus. I was there too, and had to stand the whole time because we arrived "late" (45 minutes before the start).

Not sure that this year's numbers will match that, but it very well could. If so, I'm sure they will be more than ready after what they saw 2 years ago.

If not, plan on staying around a while. Visit, sight see, etc. Let the first hour go by and then things will be going more smoothly.

• LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

Sorry you had trouble, but with Fields vs Fromm this year, I can see it happening again. My suggestions are to either pick a more convenient parking spot, leave a few minutes before the end of it, or go over to the bookstore or downtown to waste time to let the traffic get on outta there before you leave.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am thinking about heading out there from Columbia

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When had parking/traffic control not been awful on game day? Haven’t been to a G Day in a minute, but headed to this year with my daughter and expect the same ole same ole in that category.

• theoriginalpitbulltheoriginalpitbull Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd take the usual game day traffic control over what happened at 93K day anytime.

Hope the AD does a better job of planning for traffic flow than he did 2 years ago.

Now, thanks for the replies and advice. I'll look for you in Athens. I'll be the only one there in a red shirt, khaki shorts and a red hat ... not.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

Well this year we have our very own HOME GROWN #1 overall QB in the NATION that will be competing with our other HOME GROWN starting QB, as well as us coming off the national championship game (which we SHOULD HAVE won, darn you incompetent refs!), and us also now having the #1 recruiting class in the NATION. If Kirby says fill er’ up, you better BELIEVE he’ll get another 100k+ day. I was there for the “93k day” and lemme tell ya, that is something I’ll NEVER forget. What an awesome awesome experience! If you ever get to go, please attend, it’s free, and they usually have former players signing autographs. I got to meet Keith Marshall that day. Super cool kat. A packed out stadium gives you chills seeing with your own eyes just how many people are passionate about UGA football. The traffic didn’t bother me. I was still amped up from what I had just witnessed. Definitely looking forward to going again this year. B)

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@theoriginalpitbull said:
    I'd take the usual game day traffic control over what happened at 93K day anytime.

Hope the AD does a better job of planning for traffic flow than he did 2 years ago.

Now, thanks for the replies and advice. I'll look for you in Athens. I'll be the only one there in a red shirt, khaki shorts and a red hat ... not.

take it easy on the AD - he never went to ATC school. It's clear CMR lost crowd control and traffic control.