Early 2019 Mock Class

CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In honor of the previously vacated 2019 Mock thread, I have started a new. Thoughts, opinions, discussion and your mocks are welcome.

QB - ?
RB - WHOEVER DELL WANTS
WR - Haselwood
WR - Blaylock
WR - Puckett
TE - Goede
G - K Jones
T - Griffin
T - McClendon
DT - D Green
DT - Humphries
DT - T Walker
DE - Wooden
DE - Hinton
DE - Hunter
DE - Eboigbe
ILB- Bertrand
ILB- Pappoe
ILB - T Marshal
OLB - N Smith
OLB - D McLendon
DB - Perry
DB - Booth
S - McCollough
ATH - S. Chambers

Comments

• KobeBryantKobeBryant Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    In honor of the previously vacated 2019 Mock thread, I have started a new. Thoughts, opinions, discussion and your mocks are welcome.

QB - ?
    RB - WHOEVER DELL WANTS
    WR - Haselwood
    WR - Blaylock
    WR - Puckett
    TE - Goede
    G - K Jones
    T - Griffin
    T - McClendon
    DT - D Green
    DT - Humphries
    DT - T Walker
    DE - Wooden
    DE - Hinton
    DE - Hunter
    DE - Eboigbe
    ILB- Bertrand
    ILB- Pappoe
    ILB - T Marshal
    OLB - N Smith
    OLB - D McLendon
    DB - Perry
    DB - Booth
    S - McCollough
    ATH - S. Chambers

Great stuff, bro! Nothing starts off the week on the right note like a good mock.

• AkonAkon Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 5

I feel like Norton is gonna be In this class for sure. I would replace Hinton with him.

I don’t think K Jones is happening either.

• dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 237 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey same I was going to make a discussion about it.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m going to say Booth our right now as a Clemson lean but that may change. I think we do pull Hinton though. I like the chance of the flip especially with a bad year at Michigan.
    I also see Morris over McClendon.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm so confused with these Mocks. Are these players you want or think will commit to the G?

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 I agree that Morris will be in over McClendon (error) on my part.

@Akon I left Norton off solely because of the Pruitt effect in Knoxville. I feel he is going to go all in on their instate kids, much like Kirby and GA. That being said, I could see him and Hinton swapping in this class

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

lol @ whoever Dell wants for RB, that's about how it feels

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg I was just curious are you projecting like Two 3/4 star qbs with potential or will that mess up your numbers??

I love the defense heavy numbers you have. I need to do a little more research to project my own but good stuff. The only thing I differ on off the top is the D McLendon choice at OLB. I know the camp circuit isn't the end all be all but he looked like he struggled.

I think he started out really well his freshman and sophomore year but has tailed off a little recently.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Jinx55 I agree on McLendon, was mainly going off old info on him.

As for the QBs, I have no idea at this point who we have in our sights. I think it may come down to a 3 / 4 Star with developmental upside.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 6

Maybe it won't be as great as the2018 class, but mocking it seems cruel.
    But seriously folks. Think of how wrong any mock of this year's class would have been last year at this time.
    Fields, Cox, Mayes and several other top players were committed elsewhere.

Jashawn Sheffield is keen on Georgia. Kirby likes him at STAR & he’s paying attention!

Breaking!!! Wanya has eliminated Georgia and is down to two. You were right to leave him off of your mock. https://n.rivals.com/news/no-19-prospect-in-america-cuts-list-to-two

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wish him luck, but wearing orange? Disgusting color no matter the shade.

@Lefty13 said:
    Wish him luck, but wearing orange? Disgusting color no matter the shade.

Agreed; Pittman has Georgia in a good spot & 2019 is deep for OTs

Update: Kenyatta Watson II is down to Notre Dame and Texas.

@HunkerDown10 's predictions for 2019 look golden!

• theoriginalpitbulltheoriginalpitbull Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

May be a bit of a stretch to bring in a full class.

Thinking we take only 4 and 5 star guys, and cap it off at 22.

15 scholarship seniors next year, so transfers, graduate transfers and medical departures beyond a total of 7 seems a bit much, even for a Saban style roster manager.

I've seen most of the UGA experts predict a full class. There will be quite a few early entrants in the NFL DRAFT in 2019.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We should look at this again after the spring game. Hopefully by then we'll have a clearer picture of the two deep. I think 5 D-lineman would be a great haul let alone 7. At the same time this list is probably a little lite on the O-line side, I'd add Harry Miller & Amari Knight

• DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe a long shot, but Josh Harris at DT would be a nice target, to me anyway.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 8

@DobroMattInOz said:
    Maybe a long shot, but Josh Harris at DT would be a nice target, to me anyway.

Well Tray Scott is on the job so maybe not such a long shot. I would love to see Georgia get Faatui Tuitele out of Honolulu, HI. if you are going to fly at least 5 hours is 10 much farther? Jaquaze
    Sorrells out of Largo FL.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby said he doesn't like to give scholarships to kickers/punters, he sure has changed that tune the last few cycles. Guess it's always worth a shot to offer the #1 kicker in the country though. Especially with Hot Rod going into his senior year, if this guy chose UGA...

https://uga.rivals.com/news/alabama-kicker-will-likely-commit-to-tide-tigers-or-bulldogs-soon

Kid probably signs with Bama, being they're the in-state school. But this kid is a lot like Camarda, except he's better at kicking, but can also punt. Camarda can punt, but also kick.

• DawgBKDawgBK Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophomore

Did we not just offer David Baldwin, a dual threat 3* QB out of IMG Academy? Believe many see him higher rated than a 3* with a nice upside.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@theoriginalpitbull said:
    May be a bit of a stretch to bring in a full class.

Thinking we take only 4 and 5 star guys, and cap it off at 22.

15 scholarship seniors next year, so transfers, graduate transfers and medical departures beyond a total of 7 seems a bit much, even for a Saban style roster manager.

Agreed. And don't forget we are 4 over the limit currently so the number of seniors may drop between now and June.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

^^^ I have 16 seniors having said that!