Elijah Holifield

DAWG2806DAWG2806 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Is it me or does Elijah look like he is ready to bring the pain

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s been the red headed step child of the team so far! 90 yard kick off return against Notre Dame, and never got to return a kick off again the rest of the season.

I been rooting for him the whole time. ‘18 is his big chance.

His Dad is probably the greatest athlete ever to come out of Georgia.

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 139 ✭✭✭ Junior

Elijah looks like he is pound for pound the strongest guy on the team. His muscles have muscles, dude looks like a professional body builder. I really hope he can stay 100%, I'd love to see him have a great year.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let’s hope he has his head on straight. Dude has a very big opportunity in front of him. Wish him the best!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He will probably be a 500 yard guy. Splitting 3rd string carries with Herrien.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    He’s been the red headed step child of the team so far! 90 yard kick off return against Notre Dame, and never got to return a kick off again the rest of the season.

@levander Mr. Walker just laughed at you

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@levander said:

Well, Evander was a professional World Champion. Hershel was just a college champion. Just saying...

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 216 ✭✭✭ Junior

Evander greatest heart. Walker greatest athlete.

• donmdonm Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@levander said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@levander said:

Isn’t the “Real Deal” from AL?

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson

Evander Holyfield - born Atmore, Alabama.
    Mr Walker is laughing at you as well

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 349 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I wont even give Evander the edge in heart. Look at the dedication of Herschel to develop his body with 1000's of daily pushups and situps. Black belt. Bobsled team. World class sprinter. Herschel made Chuck Norris cry like an 8 year old child.

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I wont even give Evander the edge in heart. Look at the dedication of Herschel to develop his body with 1000's of daily pushups and situps. Black belt. Bobsled team. World class sprinter. Herschel made Chuck Norris cry like an 8 year old child.

Agree to disagree. Herschel never got his ear bit off and still whooped the baddest man to step in a ring at that time

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@moos said:

@levander said:

Hershel vs Evander MMA fight to settle it?

Ty Cobb was the best athlete Georgia has produced, but of course he was a first rate SOB as well.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@moos said:

@levander said:

Ty Cobb was the best athlete Georgia has produced, but of course he was a first rate SOB as well.

As John Kruk once said, I’m not an athlete, I’m a baseball player. But yeah, Cobb was a bad@ass. Tough call, because Herschel proved to be a more all around athlete. But Cobb held, or still holds, so many MLB records.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭ Junior

@levander said:

Whoa, whoa now.....just cuz your name rhymes with Evander.....Lol.....

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 349 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Agree to disagree. Herschel never got his ear bit off and still whooped the baddest man to step in a ring at that time

Neither did Holyfield get his ear bitten off and still go on to whoop the baddest man to step in a ring at that time. The fight was stopped as soon as Tyson bit him, AND Tyson was no longer the best by 1996, and even Holyfield had been beaten by two other fighters prior. Tyson was stripped of the title at that time for dodging Lennox Lewis, who did ultimately beat Tyson when they finally fought. Holyfield won the title initially by knocking out a dumpy fatarse fighter nobody in history will respect, who had knocked out Tyson only 8 months previous. Evander is not in the Top 10, maybe not the Top 25. He lost 10 fights, including Riddick Bowe, Michael Moorer, Lennox Lewis, and John Ruiz in the 90's.

• donmdonm Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Neither did Holyfield get his ear bitten off and still go on to whoop the baddest man to step in a ring at that time. The fight was stopped as soon as Tyson bit him, AND Tyson was no longer the best by 1996, and even Holyfield had been beaten by two other fighters prior. Tyson was stripped of the title at that time for dodging Lennox Lewis, who did ultimately beat Tyson when they finally fought. Holyfield won the title initially by knocking out a dumpy fatarse fighter nobody in history will respect, who had knocked out Tyson only 8 months previous. Evander is not in the Top 10, maybe not the Top 25. He lost 10 fights, including Riddick Bowe, Michael Moorer, Lennox Lewis, and John Ruiz in the 90's.

I'd put him in the top 25.

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herschel was the greatest, Evander will rush for 850 yds, Herrian will compete with Cook for what's left. Dawgs 11-1

Wasn’t he winning that fight? Isn’t why Tyson was biting him due to frustration? Sighs. Your right though.

Man, I thought Evander was an Atlanta native son.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

I agree with everything you said except for the last sentence. I mean it is a close race, but i would still have to put him 2nd.

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Holyfield beat Tyson in 1996 by TKO. Tyson was the WBA World Champion at the time. The rematch in 1997 is when Tyson bit his ear.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@moos said:

@levander said:

As John Kruk once said, I’m not an athlete, I’m a baseball player. But yeah, Cobb was a bad@ass. Tough call, because Herschel proved to be a more all around athlete. But Cobb held, or still holds, so many MLB records.

Cobb was the best all around hitter and easily the best base stealer/base runner of his era. He was a great athlete AND an all time great baseball player.
    Many will be surprised to learn that Cobb was named the greatest baseball player in the first half of the 20th century in 1950, not Ruth as most would assume today. Ruth gets the nod in modern context because of his supernatural power, but Cobb was a far more complete everyday player. The fact Ruth was a truly great left handed starting pitcher as well as the greatest power hitter in history is just mind blowing.

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@moos said:

@levander said:

Cobb was the best all around hitter and easily the best base stealer/base runner of his era. He was a great athlete AND an all time great baseball player.
    Many will be surprised to learn that Cobb was named the greatest baseball player in the first half of the 20th century in 1950, not Ruth as most would assume today. Ruth gets the nod in modern context because of his supernatural power, but Cobb was a far more complete everyday player. The fact Ruth was a truly great left handed starting pitcher as well as the greatest power hitter in history is just mind blowing.

It was a different era in pro sports back then. You could take anyone in the NBA, NFL or MLB today and plop them in the early to mid 20th century and they would be absolute legends of the sport. Pretty sure nobody was throwing 100mph fastballs in Ruth's day.