Richard LeCounte III In I Believe

dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 350 ✭✭✭ Junior

This UGA sophomore going to be amazing. Thought the Coach Smart comments as the kids say "keeping it 100%". Big big believer of the young man. He will be the heart of the defense for the next 3 years. He is a big part of the story of how Georgia is getting better in recruiting . This year should be the on the field coming out party for us all with RLIII.
A million miles away I believe he will fulfill his destiny, putting in the work Smart speaks toward and exceed his dreams at UGA.
Something great about'em that I feel. Sure hope it happens and we can be a Witness to steal from LBJ .

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Relative?

I also have confidence that he will turn out well. Just not to your degree.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 350 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 12

@BamaDawg said:
    Relative?

I also have confidence that he will turn out well. Just not to your degree.

Thx. Not important whether we believe , hope he puts in the work and gives it that chance. Feel my comments are also a leap of faith. He is going to be memorable like Baccari Rambo in that spot or better.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

Since I was born and raised in Liberty County, I'll have to admit to being biased towards Richard. I feel like with his talent and ability to attract other recruits, he was one of the most important of UGA recruits under CKS. He's the reason I'm not as corcerned as some are about our secondary this year. With two spring practices and one season under his belt, he should know the defense by now. Only concern I have with our DBs this year is our depth.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just read the comments Kirby made yesterday about Richard, seems he doesn't know the defense as good as I thought he would. Hopefully this was an attempt to motivate him to put more time in studying the playbook and is something he will overcome.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby always give a negative with a positive. Doesn’t want complacency. (Only position he is 75/25 positive negative is QB were confidence that your the man is Big)

• corai3corai3 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Kirby always give a negative with a positive. Doesn’t want complacency. (Only position he is 75/25 positive negative is QB were confidence that your the man is Big)

Agreed. RLIII is probably doing fine, but Kirby wants to push him to do better. Kirby has coached plenty of all american DB's and he knows what it takes to get them to the next level.

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@coastaldawg said:
    Just read the comments Kirby made yesterday about Richard, seems he doesn't know the defense as good as I thought he would. Hopefully this was an attempt to motivate him to put more time in studying the playbook and is something he will overcome.

I think Kirby is doing what he always does lighting a fire under kids he believes a lot in. He did the same with Dominic Sanders, Isiah Wilson, Gibbs, etc. Sometimes it just takes some game action for it to really click. So often kids want to be good so bad, but like Kirby said it isn't about just wanting to be good, you have to work the right way.

Lecounte has such great range when it comes to covering the back end that he will definitely be a welcomed addition. I won't worry until USCjr. Besides seeing Campbell run a 10.42 in the 100m brings me more confidence that help is on the way. Not to mention I think Chris Smith is going to add instant depth. He will be Tyrique McGhee but better cover skills and a good option when we go Nickel

• jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

I read what Kirby was saying about him in the last conference. I’m a little worried to be honest. It looks like Richard is trying to get on top of things. I looked at his twitter and Instagram and he has pretty much deleted everything. I hope this is a sign that he is trying to stay focused on football and the playbook. Only time will tell....

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@jtdawg2020 said:
    I read what Kirby was saying about him in the last conference. I’m a little worried to be honest. It looks like Richard is trying to get on top of things. I looked at his twitter and Instagram and he has pretty much deleted everything. I hope this is a sign that he is trying to stay focused on football and the playbook. Only time will tell....

Yeah I think I saw him and Jaden Hunter saying they were going Dark for Spring Ball. Safety isn't an easy position so it may be taking him longer to live up to Kirby's expectations. I am hopeful Mel is providing some balance on where he is at and where he needs to be come fall camp

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Count will be fine. A little tough love will only escalate his game to the next level.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Counte Richie will get better with game time on the field. Put the horse blinders on and go to work "lil Easy"

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm of the same impression as those who think Kirby pushing richie publicly because he WILL be a starter and playmaker. A coach would never call out a kid publicly if he didn't think he'd live up to certain expectations. Playing safety in a Saban/Smart/Pruitt defense is tough... Richard will be fine, he'll respond and grow from it.

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please refer back to when CKS first got to UGA and was ripping Terry Godwin for his practice habits. This is done as a motivation tool for the players.. so they do continue to improve their skills instead of getting complacent. As a coach, you have to know what players to (metaphorically) kick in the butt and which ones need to be built up(through praise). Kids are all different..

With RL3, I imagine that CKS sees a tremendous player.. that is not tapping all of his potential.. so he gives him some "personal bulletin board" material..if you will.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I will give Counte one thing though he is going up against a future all American QB not to mention All SEC talent in 1v1. Iron sharpen iron. He will countinue to make strides. The real strides will come this summer when there is less school and more time to study and work.