Those Offensive Linemen!!

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These GREAT RBs we now have? They're probably going to be running behind the most talented, best coached, definitely the largest, & deepest talented offensive linemen grouping that has ever been assembled at the University of Georgia as in.... ever. None of the GREAT & LEGENDARY Georgia RB names throughout the history of the program, will have run behind the blocks of an offensive line that is this highly touted as this one is!!! They live up to the billing??? This is going to be a LOT of FUN to watch if y'all are Georgia fans! GO DAWGS!!!

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

PS - Did I forget to mention that they're massive & athletic? Okay. They are massive & athletic. Hahahahaha!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Says something about the previous RB’s if it’s true about never having the same type of hog mollies blocking for them.

I’m excited about the potential this group has.

@JRT812 said:
    Says something about the previous RB’s if it’s true about never having the same type of hog mollies blocking for them.

I’m excited about the potential this group has.

@JRT812 I agree with you 110%!!! This group of kids looks like they can open holes the likes of which have never been seen at Georgia ever before. I understand that "the music isn't playing" yet, & that this right now is all merely HYPE as of this moment in springtime here in April. But based on many, many different people that are a whole LOT smarter than I am? This has now become the BIGGEST, & MOST athletic, & also the most talented, & largest number(s) of different GIANTS of MEN (the depth!!!) of any grouping that has ever been assembled at the University of Georgia. THAT ALONE? Could mean some really awesome offensive plays in 2018. Georgia could become REALLY OFFENSIVE to their opponents!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our 2009 starters..

Cordy Glenn . has started 77 games at LT in The NFL
    Clint Boling. has started 93 games at LG in The NFL
    Ben Jones. has started 78 games at C and OG in The NFL.
    Trent Sturdivant. Started at LT his first game as a true freshman at UGA. He was the best of them all till repeated knee injuries robbed him.

Now we're back to potential vs what has already been proven.
    Clearly there is A LOT of OL potential on this roster though.

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

My dad said when teams start with building up their offensive and defensive lines you will see a championship team. Been hearing this for 47 yrs. Let’s see if the old man was right. Can’t wait

edited April 15

@Dawg1419 said:
    My dad said when teams start with building up their offensive and defensive lines you will see a championship team. Been hearing this for 47 yrs. Let’s see if the old man was right. Can’t wait

Really Kirby has killed it in recruiting at every position other than the interior DL, we're going to be in mini crisis with the big uglies on defense in 2019 if we don't bring in a few ready to play guys in next year's class.

• levanderlevander Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the best o-line in college football, and some of the best RB’s we’re not even gonna need a good QB. Nonetheless, we have two of the best college QB’s in our QB room.

It’s really kind of crazy.

Kirby hasn’t done anything in the field that Richt didn’t do in his first two years. But the recruiting is an entirely different story.

@levander said:
    With the best o-line in college football, and some of the best RB’s we’re not even gonna need a good QB. Nonetheless, we have two of the best college QB’s in our QB room.

Kirby hasn’t done anything in the field that Richt didn’t do in his first two years. But the recruiting is an entirely different story.

It's early to say we'll have the best OL in CFB.
    Bama, Wisky, Stanford and several other programs have great blocking just about every year.
    Also, this is still a line in process, it's far from a finished product yet.> @JoelSidneyKelly said:

@levander said:
    Kirby hasn’t done anything in the field that Richt didn’t do in his first two years.

... besides go undefeated in the east. Richt's 2002 average score v. division was 28.8-16.2. Kirby's 2017 average score v. division was 41.1-12.
    So, one could say that Richt never owned the east the way Kirby did, and they'd be right.

That is a big stretch.
    Our 2002 and 2017 seasons were equal. We only had the extra loss in 2017 because we had a shot to play in the title game.
    We'll never know what would have happened in a 4 team playoff in 2002/2003.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

Bama, Wisky, Stanford and several other programs have great blocking just about every year.
    Also, this is still a line in process, it's far from a finished product yet.> @JoelSidneyKelly said:

@levander said:
    Kirby hasn’t done anything in the field that Richt didn’t do in his first two years.

... besides go undefeated in the east. Richt's 2002 average score v. division was 28.8-16.2. Kirby's 2017 average score v. division was 41.1-12.
    So, one could say that Richt never owned the east the way Kirby did, and they'd be right.

That is a big stretch.
    Our 2002 and 2017 seasons were equal. We only had the extra loss in 2017 because we had a shot to play in the title game.

Richt never went undefeated in the East, so Joel is technically correct

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

I know what a richt team would have done. Choke comes to mind

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

It's just that though, a technical point.
    The 13-1 season in 2002/2003 was just as impressive as 2017/2018.
    The East was much stronger that year.
    What comes next is what will determine how Kirby's tenure at UGA ultimately will stack up against Richt and Dooley.

@Dawg1419 said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

I know what a richt team would have done. Choke comes to mind

That is a petty thing to post in my opinion.

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:
    Our 2009 starters..

Cordy Glenn . has started 77 games at LT in The NFL
    Clint Boling. has started 93 games at LG in The NFL
    Ben Jones. has started 78 games at C and OG in The NFL.
    Trent Sturdivant. Started at LT his first game as a true freshman at UGA. He was the best of them all till repeated knee injuries robbed him.

Now we're back to potential vs what has already been proven.

The truth of the matter was that we had the potential for a great offensive line back in 2009. Despite having all these future NFL stars, what was actually proven that season was that we really couldn't run or pass the ball very well at all.

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

What comes next is what will determine how Kirby's tenure at UGA ultimately will stack up against Richt and Dooley.

What’s it like never being wrong? Like...literally never agreeing with a dissenting opinion bc you’re never wrong?

Post something I agree with, or I'll disagree.
    what I keep battling is this constant by many to insult our past, even the great years.

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

What’s it like never being wrong? Like...literally never agreeing with a dissenting opinion bc you’re never wrong?

what I keep battling is this constant by many to insult our past, even the great years.

No one was insulting the past. Just making the comparison that Kirby did something Richt did not. If you want to argue semantics about how the east was better in 2002 that’s fine. But the fact remains Kirby did something Richt did not. I don’t say that to take away from Richt, I say it because it’s true.

• BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@VaBeachDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

No one was insulting the past. Just making the comparison that Kirby did something Richt did not. If you want to argue semantics about how the east was better in 2002 that’s fine. But the fact remains Kirby did something Richt did not. I don’t say that to take away from Richt, I say it because it’s true.

What you are forgetting @Kasey is that it’s 2018. Data must first be filter through ones own opinions, testing it for a wide variety of emotional triggers. If a trigger is met, the data will be rejected as malicious and aggressively campaigned against in an attempt to suppress it. It’s really a lost cause. If you say CKS is some how out performing CMR you must be a racist and Mark Richt has lost control of opinions.

Very true. I'd like to add that Mark Richt has lost control of race relations.
    The Croatian master race is better at coaching these days and our Kang was mentored by a Dark Lord Croatian. Richt's coaching tree unfortunately is of inferior pedigree. He couldn't help it. It isn't his fault. All I can say is fire mark richt again and again until he finds his way to a Croatian coaching tree for his redemption and impending multiple NCs, conference championships, unlimited recruiting abilities, and a direct connection to the dark side of the force. Until then all he can do is toil in his inferiority.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Dawg1419 said:

I've been saying that for years. Not that long, but that's the way I see it too.

@WCDawg , @Kasey , @BojanglesInsider , @VaBeachDawg , @corai3

This thread really has taken on a life all it's own. Who knew? Certainly not me. Dang.

@christopherules said:

This thread really has taken on a life all it's own. Who knew? Certainly not me. Dang.

I accept no responsibility for this and I fervently blame that drunk from texas called Dubya along with that kenyan guy that was raised by karl marx in hawaii

edited April 16

@VaBeachDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

What you are forgetting @Kasey is that it’s 2018. Data must first be filter through ones own opinions, testing it for a wide variety of emotional triggers. If a trigger is met, the data will be rejected as malicious and aggressively campaigned against in an attempt to suppress it. It’s really a lost cause. If you say CKS is some how out performing CMR you must be a racist and Mark Richt has lost control of opinions.

What I keep seeing is transient loyalties.
    Richt gave 16 years of absolute loyalty to UGA.
    You won't see him acting like Saban or Petrino, he won't talk trash about Georgia, he will never dishonor his time at UGA.
    Some posters are far more like Saban than Richt, they are mercenary.

I will ALWAYS respect Mark Richt and I'll never jump into the pit with some of you.

@WCDawg said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

You won't see him acting like Saban or Patrino, he will never dishonor his time at UGA.

I will ALWAYS respect Mark Richt and I'll never jump into the pit with some of you.

And?

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

You won't see him acting like Saban or Patrino, he will never dishonor his time at UGA.

And?

''And ?''...well, I'm hungry and it's almost time to get ready for work.

edited April 16

@BojanglesInsider said:

@christopherules said:

I accept no responsibility for this and I fervently blame that drunk from texas called Dubya along with that kenyan guy that was raised by karl marx in hawaii

Obama knew The Marx Brothers, who knew ?

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@christopherules said:

Obama knew The Marx Brothers, who know ?

Huh?

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@christopherules said:

Huh?

Karl was the middle Marx Brother, our educational system is sad.

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@WCDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@christopherules said:

Huh?

Karl was the middle Marx Brother, our educational system is sad.

No no no, what made you think I was talking about Obama? Was he born in Kenya?

@WCDawg said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@WCDawg said:

@levander said:

@levander said:

That is a big stretch.

You won't see him acting like Saban or Petrino, he won't talk trash about Georgia, he will never dishonor his time at UGA.

You ain’t seeing it from me. I’m just stating facts about how Kirby went undefeated in the east. Love mark Richt. Hated when he got fired. I remember the Goff/Donna years.

And when you feel like doing some homework, you can peruse my 1,400 posts and check how I often back up Richt