Duggan to TCU

tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Duggan, Howell, and Hillinski gone in a 2 week span

• eklubreklubr Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Are we wondering if we will have someone to line up behind the center these next couple of years?

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Duggan, Howell, and Hillinski gone in a 2 week span

And Tisdale & TAISUN PHOMMACHANH. Interesting to see a lot of these QBs fly of the board in such a short time period.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 269 ✭✭✭ Junior

The great thing about having a True Freshman and True Sophmore QB is that you have a couple of great QB's for the next few years.

The bad thing is it's really hard to recruit another QB the year after that. Frankly I was shocked we got Fields for that very reason... but Fromm's success may have actually helped with that (everyone knew Eason was gone).

Now though... we're more like we were with the 2002 recruiting class. We had David Green and DJ Shockley... so what did we get at QB the next couple of years? Joe Tereshinksi in 2002, nobody in 2003 and Blake Barnes (who was actually highly regarded) in 2004.

We probably need to reconcile ourselves that we might not get another elite-11 type QB. It's more likely we end up with an overranked 4-star (like Tereshinski or Joe Cox) or a good 3-star.

I hope I'm wrong and we get a top flight guy... but I think that might have to wait another year so recruits would see a "spot" opening.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing we get a high upside 3-star this year or low 4-star and shoot for the moon in 2020. Of course I thought that would be the case this time last year, so you never know

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I think we get a 3 star with potential or an athlete we give the chance to play QB and develop that could possibly play a different position down the road. Kind of like some felt about Tray Bishop (even though I kind of always saw him on the defensive side.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I honestly think we get a pretty good prospect thats a four star. It'll be someone who shows out at the summer camps in my opinion.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't really like those athlete recruits with no position, don't always work out

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    I honestly think we get a pretty good prospect thats a four star. It'll be someone who shows out at the summer camps in my opinion.

Agreed. A program should never limit its prospects by what it thinks is possible. Recruits have interest in a school for many reasons. As to commitments so far, perhaps the softest is the latest: Taison Phommachanh. His prospects for early play as a dual is no better at Clemson than it would be at UGA. He visited UGA 3 weeks before his Clemson commit, but that is no big deal. My no count preference is for a dual QB for 2019 but the pool is thin, absent a flip from Auburn for Bo Nix.

As to a pro QB, there are a few uncommitted including Grant Gunnell of Tx. He is likely going out of state, and UGA could be closer than The Ohio St and must be far more attractive than LSU or Ol' Miss.