New feature alert: Question of the Day

JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,512 admin

Ok, guys.

We've decided to start running a regular "Question of the Day" feature on DawgNation. It will include a recruiting element at least a couple of days each week.

Whatcha' got? (As long as it is not a question about the tight ends...?)

Comments

• SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,524 mod

Question: On Saturday at their Spring game, Dabo presented ACC Championship rings to their 2017 team.

When will UGA do the same for the 2017 SEC Champions?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which redshirt freshman has the best opportunity to contribute on the field this year?

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 17

With Georgia likely looking to sign two offensive tackles this cycle, who would you say are the top 5 recruits on their board? Along with your best guess as to who actually signs. I've seen many tackles that are interested in UGA, but not many that have stated UGA is their leader. And the in-state crop of OTs doesn't seem very deep, so I'm guessing they'll probably come from out-of-state.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you give us a pre G-Day mock defensive class?

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you provide your take on what the rest of the 2018 class brings to the team, as guys like Adam Anderson, Chris Smith, Channing Tindall and company arrive in June. Any guys you think will standout or push for positions following what you've seen and heard during the Spring?? @JeffSentell

• fmr33fmr33 Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the increased attention on ‘strength of schedule’, as well as our focus on building our brand nationally, do you foresee Georgia seeking out a new OOC series between 2021-2024?

(ND 2019, UVA 2020, UCLA 2025/26)

Thanks!

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavageDawg17 said:
    Question: On Saturday at their Spring game, Dabo presented ACC Championship rings to their 2017 team.

When will UGA do the same for the 2017 SEC Champions?

ACC rings collect dust. Sorry, couldn't resist!

Not sure if this is off topic or not, but for G-day, whichever gate we go in Saturday, is it mandatory that we sit in that specific section? Or can we sit anywhere inside the stadium once we have a ticket?

On topic, what do you think our chances are to pull Alfano or Bresee from up north?

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Will we ever have to pay to attend the G-Day game? Other schools are heading that route. I hope not.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,512 admin

Props to @Teddy for offering up the first QOD on the recruiting front.

He wanted to know about the OTs for 2019.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How does a late bloomer like Justin Fomby, QB, (now Central Gwinnett/ nee Brookwood, Snellville) break into the college picks rush? He did very well with the Elite 11 event in NC, and won the Top QB award at the MVP Camp in the ATL. UGA ought to look at him. At the MVP Camp he bested Tee Webb of Cartersville, and 2020 phenom Brock Vandagriff. He was mentioned in the 247 article as a sleeper who made good passes etc. in an event that Owen Pappoe **** the air out with his performance.

I'll post a few links. Hopefully these will not get the 'needs review' merit level.

hudl.com/profile/6242110/Justin-Fomby

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Fomby-46053819

https://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Charlotte-Top-performers-117370090

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who will be Georgia's shining star at DT after the spring game?

@christopherules said:
    Who will be Georgia's shining star at DT after the spring game?

Too easy Tyler Clark.

Giving this a bump. Going to lock it into the announcement slot so we make sure to get fresh questions here.

Recruiting QODs will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who is a 5 star or high 4 star 2019 recruit that we aren’t talking about much that we have a significant chance with?

(After last year I’d almost say anyone)

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does terrible grammar and spelling on message boards make you tremble?

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does either Ishmael Sopsher or Faatui Tuitele have any interest in Georgia? I note on 247 that both have Georgia offers.

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a general question about recruiting. How much influence does CKS have in regards to a kid who wants to announce his commitment? It's almost like his choreographs the commitments to get the most possible headlines(Which I LOVE). When he first got to Athens, we had a commit announce once a month(religiously) and anytime we did not get the guy we wanted.. we would have another guy announce his commitment the same day (aubrey soloman was the one we didn't get) This kept UGA in the headlines, which I believe was a major contributing factors to our early recruiting success. I guess what I am trying to say is how many Aces do you believe CKS has in the fold(silents).. ?

Does anyone have any questions coming out of G-Day?

Are there any recruits previously leaning toward other programs that might have been swayed by G-day?

BONUS question: Will they wear the black jerseys during a game this year?

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭ Junior

What recruits were at G day and do you feel that any of them may have been swayed towards UGA because of the huge crowd that was present?

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any recruits not at G-Day that were swayed by poor turnouts or all the talk of how great UGA was (I am think anybody at Tenn!!!) @JeffSentell

@JeffSentell said:

Where do you see UGA and Trey Sanders at this point? How much of a pull is needed to overcome UF and their relationship with his brother?

• moosmoos Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have Deon Sander's kids not been doing the camp circuits? They don't seem rated particularly high. Is that something you see changing as the year progresses?

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 209 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jeff, at some point could you go into a little detail about exactly which recruiting ranking services that the 247 composite is comprised of? Also, while I know that the 247 composite is generally the rating most used, do you feel that there is one of these services that has historically been more accurate in ranking these prospects than the composite itself?

@Red_N_Black said:
    Jeff, at some point could you go into a little detail about exactly which recruiting ranking services that the 247 composite is comprised of? Also, while I know that the 247 composite is generally the rating most used, do you feel that there is one of these services that has historically been more accurate in ranking these prospects than the composite itself?

It takes the average rankings of rivals, 24/7, and ESPN and gives one rating for a receuit

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 23

@JeffSentell Why were some of the invited recruits to the G-Day game completely without a ranking of any kind whatsoever? Is there some kind of a way that those folks (at Rivals, 24/7, & ESPN) who evaluate, & then assign the scores have some sort of knowledge that a kid is going to be a sure thing? I thought that with film out there on the internet in HUDL, & then all of the different Nike Openings around the country, add to that the various instructional camps, and then the Rivals invitationals, etc, etc.... that there would be at least one (or another) "score" on most all kids that are playing HS football these days??

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:

What did Owen Pappoe have to say about the turnout at G-day even though he wasn’t there?

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@JeffSentell said:

Where do you see UGA and Trey Sanders at this point? How much of a pull is needed to overcome UF and their relationship with his brother?

@JeffSentell great article posted today. Thanks!