Bill Norton

DawgFuture12DawgFuture12 Posts: 125 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’d watch bama here, I think he’s all dawg as of now but bama called during the draft and they visited him yesterday. Also grew up a bama fan so we’ll see what happens. Don’t think bama was pursuing hard before but there about to start.

Comments

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, all our commits/recruits will be heavily pursued. I ain’t worried with Kirby at the helm.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bump

• BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Bump

You are my new favorite poster :+1:

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see you @BamaDawg ;) :)

@bojanglesinsider, @jarred_buck, @ghostofuga1,

Join me in my crusade to rid our front page of this scourge that has enveloped us. It is time to help our brethern move on.

Bump, bump, bump....

Go DAWGS

Nice bump...probably a d u m b question, but we’re still good with Norton right? Quality depth player here and maybe eventual starter imo.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:

Join me in my crusade to rid our front page of this scourge that has enveloped us. It is time to help our brethern move on.

Saw what you were doing a couple of hours ago, have been trying to help.

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As far as I am aware, he shut his recruitment down.

@coastaldawg said:

@BamaDawg said:

Saw what you were doing a couple of hours ago, have been trying to help.

Been piggybacking it, so bump ain’t last comment. Don’t mind me...

• DawgFuture12DawgFuture12 Posts: 125 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • DawgFuture12DawgFuture12 Posts: 125 ✭✭ Sophomore

:# nah

@thehutch40 said:

Good news if so, gonna be a hell of a player. What’s the sacks leaders name again last year for GA HS? Where we at with him, I believe he was waiting for an offer.

I’ll have to look his name up but I know who you are talking about. I’ve read he will be evaluated this summer when he camps. UGA is after a lot of talented guys in this class on the D line.

In the likelihood that we don’t take a 3rd ILB or miss on Smith, Dean, Pappoe, I wonder if that opens up the door for him. Would he consider a PWO?

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    In the likelihood that we don’t take a 3rd ILB or miss on Smith, Dean, Pappoe, I wonder if that opens up the door for him. Would he consider a PWO?

Good question, I would like to think it would depend on both play from young DEs and where Quay Walker, Tindall, and Reese end up playing. If quay goes outside and Reese stays at safety, we pretty much have to have a 3rd LB ( I would take Branden Smith in a heartbeat...dude will be a baller)

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@thehutch40 said:

Good news if so, gonna be a hell of a player. What’s the sacks leaders name again last year for GA HS? Where we at with him, I believe he was waiting for an offer.

You gotta be talking about Logan Cash. He is an absolute beast!!! He plays at 6-A Winder-Barrow high school but has not really done any camps. An article just came out about him somewhere that talked about him being one of the most underrated kids. He love UGA, but hasn’t gotten the offer yet. Went to G day, but I don’t think he got much love because of the sheer number of recruits that attended. Clemson has made a lot of contact.

Y’all need to check out his film!

@jarred_buck said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@thehutch40 said:

You gotta be talking about Logan Cash. He is an absolute beast!!! He plays at 6-A Winder-Barrow high school but has not really done any camps. An article just came out about him somewhere that talked about him being one of the most underrated kids. He love UGA, but hasn’t gotten the offer yet. Went to G day, but I don’t think he got much love because of the sheer number of recruits that attended. Clemson has made a lot of contact.

Yeah that’s him. A lot of writers love him. I imagine a coach will be out to spring practice to see him at some point soon.

edited May 4

That’s him, did Clemson offer? If so, my PWO idea is absurd.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6164705/59e2a5545b3ccc238cc5870a

edited May 4

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Not yet. But he does hold several offers from other power 5 schools.

He loves the dawgs, but won’t I wouldn’t guess that he would give up the opportunity to play somewhere on scholarship.

@jarred_buck said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Not yet. But he does hold several offers from other power 5 schools.

He loves the dawgs, but won’t I wouldn’t guess that he would give up the opportunity to play somewhere on scholarship.

After watching his tape, incredibly explosive. Finishes tackles. Diagnoses and doesn’t over pursue putting himself out of position. You don’t see a ton of getting off blocks, lots of crashes/slants with OL pulling opposite direction. I’d imagine at camps, Our staff would want to see him strike and shed blocks. Personally, if we can’t land another big ILB, I think Cash would be money.

Dont see a pwo, unfortunately

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Logan Cash could be a good fall-back option, some of our best linebackers came in under the radar, like Nate Taylor and Ronny Curran.

Logan Cash got a visit from Lanning and Pittman today at school.

@jarred_buck said:

I forgot to add that they are coming to his practice tomorrow.

He also got a visit from Michigan state and Ohio state today, among others.

edited May 15

@jarred_buck said:

@jarred_buck said:

I forgot to add that they are coming to his practice tomorrow.

He also got a visit from Michigan state and Ohio state today, among others.

I like him and hope he’s gets offer. I could see him being a situational player, 3rd and Long. Personally, I wish we would take 5-6 DL. If numbers are tight, take less LBs and WR (keep who we have committed). The game is won in the trenches.

I do believe we’re going to see an exodus of underclassmen this year but that’s a story for another thread.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need to get used to being in gun-fights with Bama, OSU and Clemson for the top players. It's a sign that we have a seat at the table now. I think we are pretty much done going after 3-star and low 4-star players.