2019 QB Option

ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hillinski may become an option again. He felt a little disturbed by SC offering a few QBs in 2019 and didn't hear anything from his HC or recruiters about it. Says he doesn't plan any visit now and cancelled his July SC visit. May be a viable option as supposedly a few schools that were in it along with USC, UCLA, and LSU now keeping in contact still. But I dont know if UGA is.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is interesting. I still think he’d go somewhere he could get on the field faster

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UCLA and LSU might be better spots for him then. (That is, If what I gathered from the above post was he doesn’t want competition. We will be brining in 4-5 star QBs atleast every other year, looking to over recruit what’s already on campus. The old way of 2-3 year spacing to make everyone happy is gone)

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,512 admin

Hilinski would have zero issues with any QB competition anywhere. He gets that he needs to prepare to be ready to roll in 2021 and beyond. Not 2019 and 2020.

Could he play earlier? Of course. On a spotty depth chart. He told DawgNation before he chose SC that he looked at Fromm and Fields as enhancements to the opportunity at UGA. Not restrictor plates.

Feels he can only learn from guys like that and it will make him better.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    Hilinski would have zero issues with any QB competition anywhere. He gets that he needs to prepare to be ready to roll in 2021 and beyond. Not 2019 and 2020.

Could he play earlier? Of course. On a spotty depth chart. He told DawgNation before he chose SC that he looked at Fromm and Fields as enhancements to the opportunity at UGA. Not restrictor plates.

Feels he can only learn from guys like that and it will make him better.

So do you think he is rethinking his commitment? Are the Dawgs back in it?

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell Thank you for clearing that competition part up