WHY Georgia Won't Repeat Last Year's Success

RealisticfootballfanRealisticfootballfan Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Look before you all jump down my throat and start wishing I would die of the plague, read what I have to say.

Don't get me wrong UGA is still going to win 8 or 9 ball games but anything over that will be because they beat a mediocre opponent in the buffalo wild wings or music city bowl.

UGA is losing a ton of starters on defense, which whether you want to admit it or not, their defense (Roquan Smith) is the reason they had so much success.

As far as offense goes Jake Fromm is decent, but he's a single threat qb with a mediocre arm at best. His O-Line which kept him soooo safe last year, is all but gone. They'll have to rely on 3 Freshman to handle the power and speed of 8 SEC opponents including LSU, Florida, Tennesse and Auburn. His returning leading receiver, really broke the stat sheets with 600 receiving yards and all of 6 TD's (3 of which were against Samford and Vanderbilt). Not to Mention their rushing game will defiantly be lacking due to Chubb and Michel going to the league. Their 5 star zamir White is a year away from productivity due to injury and their #1 back is really a slot receiver posing as a Running back because he has to, not because that's his position. He had zero 100 yard games and only 3 touchdowns. Their #2 and # 3 backs have about as much experience at running back as Tom Brady. Combined their at a whopping 500 yards.
UGA isn't going to ****, but don't be delusional by thinking that their going back to the playoffs, If Kirby Smart is half-way intelligent he'll let Justin Fields the Legit #1 QB recruit in the nation grow this season and red-shirt him. Let him observe, get mentally and physically stronger, and last but not least let him use this red-shirt season as an opportunity to learn how to Lead. Then in his R-sophomore or R-junior year they could be a legit contender. Wait and let Zamir White get healthy, get some age and experience on their WR's, O-line and Defense.

But sadly like a shark, they've tasted blood (natty from last year), and they want more right here and right now. Which sadly is why Kirby will play Fields in the first game of the season against Austin-Peay. He'll listen to the boosters who want to see fields in action. Through the course of the season Fields will start to see considerable time on RPO's and most likely become the starter. Fields is a once in a decade talent, but he will be thrown into the wolves den or should I say the "NIck Saban Den", because of UGA's fans and boosters want to go back to the SEC championship. Which is a game that they cannot win. Which is a game that they cannot win, and probably won't win until Saban dies, although you'll still have to wait 4 more years after that for his recruits to graduate.

Comments

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Save this please to revisit at the end of the year. I actually thought about explaining why you are so off on your assessment and completely lack any context with most of the stats used to support your conclusion. But I know you are just rolling for a reaction (really came out swinging with your first post ever) so I’ll just go back to watching videos about why SOLO is going to be awful.

On to an actual topic, what do y’all think? Dead pool 2 or solo over the next couple weekends?

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

@VaBeachDawg said:
    On to an actual topic, what do y’all think? Dead pool 2 or solo over the next couple weekends?

Dead pool on monday. Gonna be great

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@VaBeachDawg said:

Dead Pool for sure

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guaranteed this guy is from VolNation.

@Teddy said:
    Guaranteed this guy is from VolNation.

I don’t know, he never made a “my coach could beat up your coach” claim and I don’t think any Vols fan has that level of self control right now.

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Teddy -- If he's from volnation, he must have had help with spelling and grammar.

• WartownDawgWartownDawg Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Sorry for my fellow Dawgnation readers/posters. I should't respond to obvious trolls but boredom at work was killing me.

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DirtDawg said:
    @Teddy -- If he's from volnation, he must have had help with spelling and grammar.

Really? Because he mispelled "definitely" and doesn't know the difference between they're, their, and there.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WartownDawg said:
    I shouldn't even respond to what I am 99.9% sure is just some random other team fan trying to troll but...

@Realisticfootballfan said:
    Look before you all jump down my throat and start wishing I would die of the plague, read what I have to say.

Don't get me wrong UGA is still going to win 8 or 9 ball games but anything over that will be because they beat a mediocre opponent in the buffalo wild wings or music city bowl.

UGA is losing a ton of starters on defense, which whether you want to admit it or not, their defense (Roquan Smith) is the reason they had so much success.

Starters? Yes a lot of starters are lost but the ones who were playing in the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th quarters of every game remain. You think we had the same 11 playing on defense for any 1 quarter of any game of the season. Yes we lost amazing talent but talent for the D is deep and very experienced (the majority). Who do you think those young players went against everyday at practice? (It's noted Smarts loves some good on good) I wont even get into the ridiculous amount returning on the offense that put up silly points for nearly every game in the season against SEC defenses that actually might be weaker this year. Not yet anyway...

As far as offense goes Jake Fromm is decent, but he's a single threat qb with a mediocre arm at best. His O-Line which kept him soooo safe last year, is all but gone. They'll have to rely on 3 Freshman to handle the power and speed of 8 SEC opponents including LSU, Florida, Tennesse and Auburn. His returning leading receiver, really broke the stat sheets with 600 receiving yards and all of 6 TD's (3 of which were against Samford and Vanderbilt). Not to Mention their rushing game will defiantly be lacking due to Chubb and Michel going to the league. Their 5 star zamir White is a year away from productivity due to injury and their #1 back is really a slot receiver posing as a Running back because he has to, not because that's his position. He had zero 100 yard games and only 3 touchdowns. Their #2 and # 3 backs have about as much experience at running back as Tom Brady. Combined their at a whopping 500 yards.

Swift must be the slot receiver you mentioned. I believe Auburn would beg to differ since he gashed them straight up the middle. Tennessee might disagree too since he drug half their defense 20 yards on the end of an already ridiculous run. If slot receivers are as powerful as swift the game is different in your mind than anyone elses.
    As far as the O-Line we lost 1 starter. Replaced the lost starter with a 6 ft 7.5 330?(I honestly don't remember) former top Tackle prospect who spent a year going against our D line at practice.
    Tons of returning receivers, Fromm isn't dual threat but ran plenty, the talent of the receiving corps is going to scare d coordinators.

UGA isn't going to ****, but don't be delusional by thinking that their going back to the playoffs, If Kirby Smart is half-way intelligent he'll let Justin Fields the Legit #1 QB recruit in the nation grow this season and red-shirt him. Let him observe, get mentally and physically stronger, and last but not least let him use this red-shirt season as an opportunity to learn how to Lead. Then in his R-sophomore or R-junior year they could be a legit contender. Wait and let Zamir White get healthy, get some age and experience on their WR's, O-line and Defense.

...The stupidity in this cannot even be countered by logic...I am starting to regret starting this response.

But sadly like a shark, they've tasted blood (natty from last year), and they want more right here and right now. Which sadly is why Kirby will play Fields in the first game of the season against Austin-Peay. He'll listen to the boosters who want to see fields in action. Through the course of the season Fields will start to see considerable time on RPO's and most likely become the starter. Fields is a once in a decade talent, but he will be thrown into the wolves den or should I say the "NIck Saban Den", because of UGA's fans and boosters want to go back to the SEC championship. Which is a game that they cannot win. Which is a game that they cannot win, and probably won't win until Saban dies, although you'll still have to wait 4 more years after that for his recruits to graduate.

Yeah I shouldn't have started responding. Rereading each section got dumber and dumber. But as a troll job you got me to respond so +1 for you. However, if you actually believed any of that nonsense you posted and some how are not actually trolling please go re watch the UGA games from last year. They are all on youtube.

I enjoyed this post, and troll or not (even better if it's not), I hope he posts again.

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

@AgDawg said:

@DirtDawg said:

Really? Because he mispelled "definitely" and doesn't know the difference between they're, their, and there.

Correct, but I think you're setting the bar too high. He uses a capital letter to start his post, used the silent "e" in plague, and even spelled Roquan correctly.

• MODawgMODawg Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love how scared the Bama fans are. The Gumps see what CKS is doing and they are as nervous as old Nicky was at the NC game

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@chattdawg said:
    Weak troll....go back under your bridge.

How about the Sanford Stadium Bridge where they will pour new concrete in the next few weeks....

• donmdonm Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby will play Fields because the "boosters" want it? Give me a break. I think he'll play Fields vs AP because he wants to and it's the smart thing to do. J Fields needs as much experience as we can give him just in case we have a deja' vu all over again, like we did with JE getting hurt.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good lord. Delete this thread. The OP's first post. Not even a clever troll job.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 16

We may not get back to the Natty (although I like our chances).
    But only winning 8 or 9 games like OP says? Puh-leeze! #SMDH #Trolls

@VaBeachDawg said:

DP2 > Solo

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 16

It could be Mullen ... remember this

Also, DeadPool by a mile

@BullyDawg said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

DP2 > Solo

I agree. TLJ gives me pause going forward with any SW films while DP2 is as close to fool proof as it gets. How could you mess up Ryan Reynolds making snarky comments and murdering everyone? It’s a proven format.

@VaBeachDawg said:

@BullyDawg said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

DP2 > Solo

I agree. TLJ gives me pause going forward with any SW films while DP2 is as close to fool proof as it gets. How could you mess up Ryan Reynolds making snarky comments and murdering everyone? It’s a proven format.

Deadpool 2 will have plenty of bloody violence, an abundance of cursing, and maybe even a bit of sex and nudity. Count on it. #QualityFamilyEntertainment

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

But yall are probably right, its probably a UT fan.. the only way they have been ranked #1 in the last 20 years⬇️⬇️⬇️

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 114 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't lie. I want to punch you in the face. FOFF!!!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm more of a Peter Quill guy than Wade Wilson. I'm finding lately that puts me in the minority but I'm cool with it. I won't be seeing Solo. I got one more Star Wars movie in me...Episode IX and then I'm retiring from the franchise

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bonn Scott > Brian Johnson

• BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

This makes me laugh.

i know a lot of y'all already made a similar comment but the following comments show how off base this person is.

"His O-Line which kept him soooo safe last year, is all but gone"

from a 24/7 sports article "they are also bringing back....." "four of five starters from the offensive line" not to mention our tight-ends (excluding blavevich).

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Realisticfootballfan said:

We will take it under advisement, Dad.