Which UGA RB could halfway fill chubb or Sony's shoes

RealisticfootballfanRealisticfootballfan Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

With Zamir white being a year away from true productivity and 100 percent healthy. Lets exam Dawg Fans who could ride the proverbial coat tails of the 2 already mentioned former God's of the UGA backfield. IMO Kirby should have looked for a grad or juco transfer, but as I'm sure most of you will say we have plenty of horses in the stable that are more than capable of doing the job.... let me hear your thoughts

As Always,

Realistic

Comments

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

DeAndre Swift is really, really, really good. Not base don projections... but actual results.

Despite being UGA's 3rd option last year, he's the 8th leading returning RB in terms of yards. His 8.2 yards per carry is tied with Damien Harris for highest among returning running backs. He's also shown ability in catching the ball.

Honestly, if you watched any UGA football, you'd know that we already have a guy who was so good that Chubb and Michel couldn't keep him off the field until garbage time.... the coaches felt the need to get him in games while things were still in doubt. Don't forget that against Auburn in the SECCG he was our leading rusher and the only UGA back to get a TD on the ground. He's already proven.

Elijah Holyfield is more of a question mark. He's looked excellent at the end of games where UGA was winning big. But he has yet to prove himself when games are in doubt. He probably isn't at a Chubb/Michel level. But he might very well be a Musa Smith or Isiah Crowell quality running back (at least that's where I peg him). And that's pretty darn good for a #2.

As for Zamir White... not sure why you think he won't be able to be productive as a #2 or #3 option this year. Everything I've heard about his injury seems to suggest he'll be okay. Plus we have James Cook... another healthy 5-star.

It's realistic to think UGA will still be really, really good at RB. I don't think a juco transfer would be any more serviceable than Brian Herrien... who's likely 5th on our depth chart.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know you're a troll, but here goes.

Zamir White - 99.57 composite rating (even though you're scared and wish he wouldn't produce, he will produce early and often this year)
    D'andre Swift - 98.38 rating - 7.6/ypc as a third stringer, 618 yards total, 9 ypc
    James Cook - 97.86 rating - change of pace back that's a big receiving threat
    Elijah Holyfield - 92.97 rating - 5.8/ypc and only gotten bigger and stronger every year
    Brian Herrien - 84.89 rating - 5.1/ypc

I think our backs who average a measly 94.73 rating, and no less than 5.1 ypc, will be ok.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Why is this guy still posting here?

Because people here insist on feeding the troll

• Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophmore

People said the same thing when Gurley got injured and Chubb stepped up. U don't get to play RB at RBU IF u ain't got skill. I'm positive someone will step up.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@pgjackson said:

SMH. Maybe the troll will disappear if there aren't any responses? IDK. What do y'all think?

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@pgjackson said:

I agree completely sir.

• GordonBombayGordonBombay Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

LOL. 32 down votes/0 up votes at time of posting. Is there any guest out there perusing the forums that could contribute and potentially take the place of Realistic in 2018? You don't ever even have to post to be an improvement! Kidding aside (sorta)...getting trolls on the forum means we're doing something right.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GordonBombay said:
    LOL. 32 down votes/0 up votes at time of posting. Is there any guest out there perusing the forums that could contribute and potentially take the place of Realistic in 2018? You don't ever even have to post to be an improvement! Kidding aside (sorta)...getting trolls on the forum means we're doing something right.

6 spam votes also. I thought if you got a certain amount of spam votes you were suspended or banned or something. Every one of the OPs threads is the same. Come on mods...

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 29

I forgot to check the poster name on new OPs [with HIM around] so as not to give him the views. I'll try to do that henceforth. So, 'probably' no more views for him and definitely the last post in his OP. Plus the "halfway"in the title should have been a clue to look at the poster name. :(

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OP-shut yo mouth holmes. Things are just fine and dandy. No worries or comparisons needed here

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 30

I don't see any of our veterans other than Swift as being near the level of either Nick or Sony.
    As for the freshmen, I'm not sure how ready White will be, but his potential is elite, I'll just leave him as an unknown for now.
    That leaves Cook as my most likely breakthrough candidate for 2018. He clearly has some traits that are known to travel well. He is fast and elusive.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:
    I don't see any of our veterans other than Swift as being near the level of either Nick or Sony.
    As for the freshmen, I'm not sure how ready White will be, but his potential is elite, I'll just leave him as an unknown for now.
    That leaves Cook as my most likely breakthrough candidate for 2018. He clearly has some traits that are known to travel well. He is fast and elusive.

I agree about Cook. I feel like people are looking at Swift, Holyfield, Herrien, and then White. Cook doesn't ever seem to be included in the conversation, but I think he's going to come out and impress us all. He had a stellar performance at the US Army All-American game (2 TDs if I remember) and cut through those other "elite" players like swiss cheese. He's the Sony to White's Chubb. We shouldn't overlook him.