When will Zamir White Play/When will he actually contribute

RealisticfootballfanRealisticfootballfan Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

If it was up to me, which clearly its not, Zamir wouldn't touch the filled until week three vs Middle Tenn. I know alot of you are thinking he will be healthy by week one, but why risk a 5 star rb on Austin Peay, and I'm sure as hell not going to let his first start be against South Carolina(@South Carolina), UGA should have enough talent to get past wk1 and wk2 opponents unscathed. Have him fresh for MIddle Tenn. Because your sure going to need him for the onslaught of 300 pound defenders later in the season vs LSU, Auburn, and Florida. Remember UGA fans as I've stated before this isn't season to win it all.. Your going to go 9-3/10-2... Play him sparingly, keep him healthy and ready to go for 2019 season win you'll have a real opportunity to finally win it all.

As Always

Realistic

Comments

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’re still here?

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unless he is absolutely 100% healthy I would RS him. We have 4 guys who could all start on other teams and should be a strong enough rotation to last the whole season.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Realisticfootballfan said:
    If it was up to me, which clearly its not, Zamir wouldn't touch the filled until week three vs Middle Tenn. I know alot of you are thinking he will be healthy by week one, but why risk a 5 star rb on Austin Peay, and I'm sure as hell not going to let his first start be against South Carolina(@South Carolina), UGA should have enough talent to get past wk1 and wk2 opponents unscathed. Have him fresh for MIddle Tenn. Because your sure going to need him for the onslaught of 300 pound defenders later in the season vs LSU, Auburn, and Florida. Remember UGA fans as I've stated before this isn't season to win it all.. Your going to go 9-3/10-2... Play him sparingly, keep him healthy and ready to go for 2019 season win you'll have a real opportunity to finally win it all.

As Always

Realistic

''touch the filled''.
    Worst typo ever, well, I've probably had worse, but it's a gem.

@pgjackson said:
    Unless he is absolutely 100% healthy I would RS him. We have 4 guys who could all start on other teams and should be a strong enough rotation to last the whole season.

We really only have 1 guy who has proven much, and even Swift has yet to carry the load throughout games like Chubb did.
    We have potential, but we need 2 backs to step up and prove they can produce consistently.

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

We really only have 1 guy who has proven much, and even Swift has yet to carry the load throughout games like Chubb did.
    We have potential, but we need 2 backs to step up and prove they can produce consistently.

I think Swift, Holyfield. and Herrien are more than capable of handling the load. Most of Holyfield and Herrien's carries have come in garbage time when the defense knows we are just going to run. I think in 2018 all three will average over 6 YPC. Throw in Cook and that is a 4-player rotation that virtually every team in the nation would like to have.

• GordonBombayGordonBombay Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

I meant to say "realistic" forums.

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

I think Swift, Holyfield. and Herrien are more than capable of handling the load. Most of Holyfield and Herrien's carries have come in garbage time when the defense knows we are just going to run. I think in 2018 all three will average over 6 YPC. Throw in Cook and that is a 4-player rotation that virtually every team in the nation would like to have.

You may be correct, but none of it is proven.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think CKS would never redshirt someone that's so essential to our offense hitting on all cylinders. CMR still regrets redshirting moreno lol. We wait til he's absolutely 110% and feed him more and more each week. But he definitely won't redshirt because we need to get every ounce we can out of him for the 3 years he'll be a here.

@MacDawg15 said:
    I think CKS would never redshirt someone that's so essential to our offense hitting on all cylinders. CMR still regrets redshirting moreno lol. We wait til he's absolutely 110% and feed him more and more each week. But he definitely won't redshirt because we need to get every ounce we can out of him for the 3 years he'll be a here.

Of course White will play if healthy, that's a big if though.

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

Neither is White or Cook. We can not say we absolutely need White, because he might not be that good. He certainly looks like the real deal,m but if we are basing everything on things proven, we really know nothing about White or Cook.

@MacDawg15 said:

That's what I said. If he's not 100% healthy, don't play him. Moreno was never injured.

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

Neither is White or Cook. We can not say we absolutely need White, because he might not be that good. He certainly looks like the real deal,m but if we are basing everything on things proven, we really know nothing about White or Cook.

True, but we've seen enough of Herrien and Holyfield to at least know neither is a world beater.
    There is a real possibility White and/or Cook will be big stars.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From everything I hear, he's a good bit ahead of schedule. His specific knee injury is becoming more "treatable." Or I mean the recovery and comeback times are getting better than they would have been for the same injury 10 years ago. I played baseball professionally, and it used to be terrible to hear that this guys having Tommy John surgery. But it's became so prevalent that most guys throw harder when they come off the surgery. It's become a rare thing to see a guy that HASN'T had it done before now in baseball. But recovery time in most cases for TJ surgery has went from over a year to 9-11 months in SOME cases. IDK maybe it's just me but I've never heard of any type surgery that wasn't serious.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

True, but we've seen enough of Herrien and Holyfield to at least know neither is a world beater.

If by world beater you mean better than Chubb and Michel, you are correct. If you mean better that most of the starting SEC backs, not so much. I think White should play sparingly until his recovery is fully proven. I say this because first because he has to much talent to bring back early and I think running behind Georgia's O-line it is not going to matter much who the running back is until the LSU game. I also thing Georgia is going to pass more with a proven QB and a much deeper receiving core in both experience and talent. I think the first team to mach up with Georgia and have more or less equal talent is going to be Alabama.

@oldon42 said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

If by world beater you mean better than Chubb and Michel, you are correct. If you mean better that most of the starting SEC backs, not so much. I think White should play sparingly until his recovery is fully proven. I say this because first because he has to much talent to bring back early and I think running behind Georgia's O-line it is not going to matter much who the running back is until the LSU game. I also thing Georgia is going to pass more with a proven QB and a much deeper receiving core in both experience and talent. I think the first team to mach up with Georgia and have more or less equal talent is going to be Alabama.

Agree. Does the SECCG and playoffs count towards RS games? Meaning, if he did RS could we use him in the SECCG and playoffs (assuming we go that far) and not burn a RS? Those are not regular season games. I know bowl games don't count. Just wondering.

@oldon42 said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

Neither Herrien or Holyfield has played a game where they produced like starting backs.
    They have had isolated runs, nothing more.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As soon as he looks ready in practice, he’ll play.
    Limited at first but come the meat of the schedule
    Swift, Holyfield, and White will be great back field.