Joey Yellen and Harry Miller are off the Board

tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would not be surprised if Calzada commits to A&M in the near future

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ugh I wouldn’t have minded losing Harry to Stanford, but the luckeyes? Gross

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Ugh I wouldn’t have minded losing Harry to Stanford, but the luckeyes? Gross

I absolutely agree. Really Makes no sense for him to choose them over Stanford IMHO.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin where will Meyer be?

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Retiring. He doesn’t look like he’s “in” it anymore. Looks like he’s going through the motions.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@bmauldin said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Retiring. He doesn’t look like he’s “in” it anymore. Looks like he’s going through the motions.

Based on what? Not recruiting at a high level? Competition was his undoing at UF. He doesnt have that same problem in the Big 10.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bmauldin said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I could see the Cleveland browns offering him $12 million Plus to take over in 2-3 years

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 11

@Bankwalker said:

@bmauldin said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Based on what? Not recruiting at a high level? Competition was his undoing at UF. He doesnt have that same problem in the Big 10.

Actually, I would have to say recruiting in the Big10 is not as easy as it once was. MI & PS are making it much more difficult and with Frost at NE it may get even more so.
    As for Meyer retiring, are you kidding? After the ridiculous charade, he pulled to get his dream job in the first place. My guess is he stays at least another 5.

@DawgBones said:

@Bankwalker said:

@bmauldin said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Actually, I would have to say recruiting in the Big10 is not as easy as it once was. MI & PS are making it much more difficult and with Frost at NE it may get even more so.
    As for Meyer retiring, are you kidding? After the ridiculous charade, he pulled to get his dream job in the first place. My guess is he stays at least another 5.

It’s just a gut feeling after watching his product he’s putting on the field and some interviews he had.
    No basis other than my opinion.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 11

@bmauldin said:
    It’s just a gut feeling after watching his product he’s putting on the field and some interviews he had.

And I sure do hope your opinion is spot on. Can't stand O$U and Meyer for that matter.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Meyers interest will either peak or wane this season. The kid they have at QB could be a boom and keep him around or be a bust and allow him to leave while still pushing players to the NFL.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 377 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DawgBones said:

@bmauldin said:

And I sure do hope your opinion is spot on. Can't stand O$U and Meyer for that matter.

Don't know if I would go so far as to say I can't stand him. But then, I was still working when Meyer was at Florida, so I didn't have a history with the guy to build up that sort of resentment.
    But you can't deny they have recruited on another level. My guess is they have secured more top-100 talent in the last three years than just about anyone, maybe even more than Bama.
    That said, I would love to play Ohio State in the playoffs this year. Big 10 vs. SEC. Can't get any better than that.