Trezmen or Rian????

Gurley_GOATGurley_GOAT Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Can’t help but wonder if there’s any correlation. It seems as if Trezmen started drifting almost immediately after we started picking up steam with Rian. I could be way off, but do you all think the staff takes one or the other? If so, what’s the possibility that Kirby and staff favors Rian Davis?

Comments

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Davis is considered the most versatile LB and has great size. 247 Kipp is highest on him (excluding Nolan). Trezman seems iffy, not like our other commits. I do believe both are a take and that we would take 4 LB this class with Bertrand remaining.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trezmen will be a 5 star by the end of the season imo. He is/will be a BEAST!

• ShulaShula Posts: 337 ✭✭✭ Junior

Trezman,great instincts and is a thumper. Staff is trying to hold on.

• SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 242 ✭✭✭ Junior

Davis is this years Quay Walker if we are comparing talent and position.. he will or at least should be high 4 star by the time signing day rolls around.

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why can't we have both?

• Gurley_GOATGurley_GOAT Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hopefully we can! I just wasn’t sure we would take 4 linebackers in an expected small class, especially considering last years haul. I also noticed that as we started gaining momentum with Rian Davis we started to drift with Trezmen. Again, I’m totally speculating with no inside info. Hopefully there’s no correlation between the two. Personally, i’d take both!

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

we can take Dean Davis Marshall Bertrand and Smith

I> @Gurley_GOAT said:

Hopefully we can! I just wasn’t sure we would take 4 linebackers in an expected small class, especially considering last years haul. I also noticed that as we started gaining momentum with Rian Davis we started to drift with Trezmen. Again, I’m totally speculating with no inside info. Hopefully there’s no correlation between the two. Personally, i’d take both!

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Trez’s thinking...seeing higher rated guys at same position trend to UGA. I’m sure Schumann is keeping the temp up to 400 degrees with Trez and once he identifies what Trez likes about our competitors he’ll turn it up to 500 degrees to ensure Trez knows he has a place and home here. Full transparency I want all 4 LBs. Dean, Davis, Marshall, Bertrand. Of that group, exclusively at the LB position, Trez may be the least versatile.

@Jinx55 said:
    Trez will be in Athens for 4 days this week. Interestingly Pappoe and his 7on7 team is also going to be in town this week. I think CKS and Schumann and Lanning will somehow get those guys in a room. I don't think it is a Rian vs Trez thing I think Smart wants both as well as Dean. Kirby wants as many LBs as possible and I think he sees those guys playing different roles.

Trez is gonna be legit and I definitely want to see him in this class.

Preach.

so pappoe is coming back to athens?

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 377 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know much about nobody, but this Trezmen kid seems really solid. 6'1" and 236. 247 composite has him rated as a mid-high 4star athlete and based on his size, most likely projects as LB. But outside? Seems a tad short for what I usually see at that position. So it seems his more natural fit would be at ILB. And he's a Clinch County kid, and you know what they say about those guys.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I expect this to be a max class now, or at least 24

• Jinx55Jinx55 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@Jinx55 said:
    Trez will be in Athens for 4 days this week. Interestingly Pappoe and his 7on7 team is also going to be in town this week. I think CKS and Schumann and Lanning will somehow get those guys in a room. “

I personally hope they show most of their affection and attention to Trez. OP played them (or atleast UGA and it’s fab base) while Trez commited to the G. Yes he may be wavering but these 4 days will be big to securing him back on board.

Yeah Trez is the type of kid others love playing with not to mention he is physical as they come. I’m not as big on Pappoe playing us as Dean has similar skill level. Plus I like how interested Dean is in uga.

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bmauldin said:
    Trezmen will be a 5 star by the end of the season imo. He is/will be a BEAST!

I must agree with you on that.

a little off topic but it looks like Owen Pappoe is now in town per instagram, hope the 7 on 7 with Trez can change his mind

• BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭ Junior

When I watched Trez's highlights I was impressed more than I've been in quite a while. Should be a great DAWG!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just like last year during the recruiting season, I remember that there was a lot of "Otis Reese vs Quay Walker" stuff out there. CKS got us all BOTH of them. Hopefully that is exactly the case again here. I would just LOVE to see GEORGIA get BOTH of these young men here too!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:
    Just like last year during the recruiting season, I remember that there was a lot of "Otis Reese vs Quay Walker" stuff out there. CKS got us all BOTH of them. Hopefully that is exactly the case again here. I would just LOVE to see GEORGIA get BOTH of these young men here too!!! GO DAWGS!!!

Have to wonder if Walthour and Joseph going the JUCO route (not sure if only for a semester or for a full 1,2 yrs) will hurt our # of takes next cycle?

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 14

@greygoose01 said:

@christopherules said:

Have to wonder if Walthour and Joseph going the JUCO route (not sure if only for a semester or for a full 1,2 yrs) will hurt our # of takes next cycle?

@greygoose01 all things are possible sir. However, (when it comes to recruiting???) I am FOREVER THE optimist about CKS & his staff's ability to SHOCK US ALL!!! I DO BELIEVE that last year's #1 class was NO FLUKE in the least!!! GEORGIA GOT Alabama's (& Nick Saban's BEST EVER RECRUITER in CKS!!!) Will a #1 happen again this year? No it won't. But a TOP 5?? Maybe even a TOP 3??? HECK YESS that will happen!!!!

• donmdonm Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@christopherules said:

I am guessing only if CKS et al think they can't get better than those two - I think they'd take the more talented athletes, especially if they had 4 years to play instead of 2-3 years in the case of the JUCO guys. If they think the JUCO guys are significantly better than any recruit, then it would reduce the # of takes we would get.