Will Riched lecounte have a breakout season?

cd1044cd1044 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭ Junior

He seems to have all the tools you want in a free safety: range, ball skills, good in coverage, freak athlete, good speed, and a hard hitter. What do y’all think?

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think his initial problem will be discipline. He seems very reactionary right now. Once he gets that taken care of, he will be exactly what we need.

• GordonBombayGordonBombay Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's definitely got everything you want. He saw the field plenty last year, which is a plus. I think he's one that Kirby's put a question mark on as far as knowledge of the playbook and willingness to learn, however. He will be good either way, but I see him letting in some out of position type touchdowns too if that analysis was about him.

• cd1044cd1044 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭ Junior

@GordonBombay said:
    He's definitely got everything you want. He saw the field plenty last year, which is a plus. I think he's one that Kirby's put a question mark on as far as knowledge of the playbook and willingness to learn, however. He will be good either way, but I see him letting in some out of position type touchdowns too if that analysis was about him.

Tru smart has been adamenr about lecounte needing to learn the playbook more

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 216 ✭✭✭ Junior

y

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@3rdshift said:
    y

Was coming here to post the exact same thing

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s going to be out of position at times, but is going to be a playmaker. I think he will be considered one of our great safeties by the time he leaves UGA.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cd1044 said:

@GordonBombay said:

I think Kirby pushes players he sees greatness in. I know he pushes everyone, but pushes the specials ones even more. Especially if he knows they can handle being critiqued in the media.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@cd1044 said:

@GordonBombay said:

I think Kirby pushes players he sees greatness in. I know he pushes everyone, but pushes the specials ones even more. Especially if he knows they can handle being critiqued in the media.

THIS.

Richie will be fine once he sees the field more this year. Over the next few years our D-fence is gonna be straight up NASTY

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@greygoose01 said:

@Teddy said:

@cd1044 said:

@GordonBombay said:

THIS.

Richie will be fine once he sees the field more this year. Over the next few years our D-fence is gonna be straight up NASTY

Wait... i thougyt our dline ****

S u c k e d

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:

@greygoose01 said:

@Teddy said:

@cd1044 said:

@GordonBombay said:

THIS.

Not gonna over the next few years. I didn’t say D line. I meant the overall defense

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

idk if y’all remember but Richard made a huge play at the end of the notre dame game on 3rd down. he got a deflection that saved notre dame from getting a huge first down.

@greygoose01 said:

@dawgy10 said:

@greygoose01 said:

@Teddy said:

@cd1044 said:

@GordonBombay said:

THIS.

Not gonna over the next few years. I didn’t say D line. I meant the overall defense

I was being sarcsstic

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    I think his initial problem will be discipline. He seems very reactionary right now. Once he gets that taken care of, he will be exactly what we need.

Yep, the wildness held him back.
    As a coach once said, if you run a 4.2 and don't know where you're going, you just get to the wrong place faster.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, he will live up to expectations that are set for him

@greygoose01 said:

@Teddy said:

@cd1044 said:

@GordonBombay said:

THIS.

Our secondary has a bright future. Long term Webb and Campbell outside corners, Gibbs in the slot hopefully and LeCounte manning the backfield is scary

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t think that’s exactly right. Kirby doesn’t push the players who push themselves, like Nick, Sony, Roquan, Isaiah, Jake, Blazevich, Charlie Woerner, ect.
    But he did some extreme pushing with Holyfield, Godwin and others – and so far, only a few nudges at Richard.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone just relax Richard LeCounte III is just a sophomore. He is going to be fine.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cd1044 said:
    He seems to have all the tools you want in a free safety: range, ball skills, good in coverage, freak athlete, good speed, and a hard hitter. What do y’all think?

@cd1044 Right on!! Yes, I do believe that we are all pulling for the kid to reach up & find out just what his personal "ceiling" is??? AND THEN SMASH RIGHT THROUGH IT!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have it on good authority (Jake Reuse, Radi Nabulsi, & former UGA Head Coach Jim Donnan) that IF Kirby Smart is SCREAMING at you???? YOU ARE ON TRACK, just not quite there yet.... THAT IS why he's screaming!!! CKS is (obviously) EXCITED that you are "catching on".... & he wants to help MOTIVATE you (kind of like my own experience once upon a time with my USMC Drill Instructors back at Parris Island, SC.) Kirby is "ON HIM" because Kirby sees that he is getting it!!!

• orlandoorlando Posts: 599 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I see RL making some hard hits and big plays this year. The League of Shadows is going to be fun to watch.

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In a word...YES. He's a beast. Still learning, he's played out of position alot but still made plays due to raw athleticism. When the playbook is second nature and he's really attacking, I'm thinking future ALL SEC, possible ALL AMERICAN. Might be a stretch but I really think he's that good. And boy.... You talkin bout pads poppin? Whoo! He can lay the wood son

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said

Yep, the wildness held him back.
    As a coach once said, if you run a 4.2 and don't know where you're going, you just get to the wrong place faster.

Very well said

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Richard started at safety as a freshman at Liberty Co., playing for ex-Dawg Kurt Warner. Being an early-enrollee last year and getting game experience last season, I expect him to have a good grasp of the playbook and to have an outstanding season. @PeachCoDawg is right, he laid people out in high school.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've heard thru my sources Riched is transferring to Bama

• donmdonm Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 17

@Kasey said:

Yeah, I think 2002 mentioned that.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

The dead giveaway was 'Richard' legally changing his name to Riched. Duh!

@christopherules said:

@cd1044 said:

@cd1044 Right on!! Yes, I do believe that we are all pulling for the kid to reach up & find out just what his personal "ceiling" is??? AND THEN SMASH RIGHT THROUGH IT!!! GO DAWGS!!!

Lmao exactly LeCounte will realize jus how extreme his potential is. As crazy as this sounds he just might have earl Thomas potential, that’s how special he can be