Likelihood we Keep Blaylock and Haselwood

milldawg007milldawg007 Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

So ready for football season so I do not have to occupy myself with these **** recruiting thoughts but figured I'd pose this to the nation.

With the WR's we currently have in the program, and the thought (at least my thought) that we throw the ball more this season. What is the likelihood we keep both of these studs. I worry that Blaylock will see the talent on the team, and know that Haselwood is a firm commit and may choose to take his talents elsewhere.

Personally I think WR is going to be one of the best groups on the team this year in regards to depth and talent. Thoughts Dawgnation?

Comments

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They both stay if we get Booth to add coverage competition against them is the tougher pull. We have a chance up until signing day. Our stock goes up when we hit the field.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

100%

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While we have solid WRs, we don’t have 5 stars walking around. Also, a lot of the WRs will be gone by the time they enter their sophomore seasons. They’re sophomore seasons they’ll be battling with Kearis, Bush, Blount, Landers, and Holloman as their only competition. I think that’s some solid talent, but nothing they can’t compete with and beat out. If they believe they can beat those guys out, no reason not to head to Athens.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 13

Haselwood & Blaylock?? IMHO they both STAY PUT right where they are at Georgia. Sophomore QB Jake Fromm & Freshman QB Justin Fields fields (I feel) will BOTH thrive, & it'll be this year too. However, the BIGGEST early season test is at USCjr in
    S T E A M Y -H O T T Columbia, SC in week #2, on 9/8/2018. Georgia SHOULD have the kind of season this year, that "recruits the recruits" all by itself. As for the depth at the UGA WR position group?? That is something that I do NOT think "scares" any of these kids away at all in the least. The brightest days?? Those are now in GEORGIA's close, & upcoming, "near" future. GO DAWGS!!!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blaylock seems secured, Hazelwood is a developing situation, we can't know with any certainty what he'll do. What is working in our favor is players most often end up signing with the team they are committed to when they stay committed a long time.

A tad off topic, but I rate Blaylock slightly higher than Hazelwood based on film.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

you must’ve not seen Jadon run up and down the streets screaming “we’re going to the natty” after the rose bowl

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

110% we keep both plus one more additional 4 star receiver !

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We keep them both. They want to ball out with Fields. It’ll be fun for them and amazing for us to witness.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    A tad off topic, but I rate Blaylock slightly higher than Hazelwood based on film.

Blaylock is more technical, but Jadon has more ability imo.

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 496 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

honestly I have never been impressed by blaylocks film. shows how much I know I guess.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TheSmartWay said:
    honestly I have never been impressed by blaylocks film. shows how much I know I guess.

Have a stretch comparison for you...Antonio Brown. Avg. speed, nice wiggle, phenomenal route runner, great body control, finds a way to just get open, solid hands. He will be a favorite target of the QB tossing the rock.

• cd1044cd1044 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

I don’t hasslewwod is a young A.J. green he’s special no shot at blaylock bur hasslewood has a rare combination of size, speed and route running. Is hasslewood to tall lol

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cd1044 said:

@WCDawg said:

I don’t hasslewwod is a young A.J. green he’s special no shot at blaylock bur hasslewood has a rare combination of size, speed and route running. Is hasslewood to tall lol

Too tall, maybe, but his hips make up for it.

@bmauldin said:

@WCDawg said:

Blaylock is more technical, but Jadon has more ability imo.

I see Blaylock as more dynamic. He changes directions and varies his speeds very well,he'll be hard to cover.

@cd1044 said:

@WCDawg said:

I really don't see AJ's abilities in Hazlewood. I do see a lot of Antonio Brown in Blaylock's game though.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@TheSmartWay said:

Have a stretch comparison for you...Antonio Brown. Avg. speed, nice wiggle, phenomenal route runner, great body control, finds a way to just get open, solid hands. He will be a favorite target of the QB tossing the rock.

Perxactely.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jadon’s route running is insanely good. He’s also one of the highest rated WRs of all time. The only other WRs to be ranked as high as him were Julio Jones and Dorial Green-Beckham

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dom is a solid lock. And Jadon is too. Him and Fields gonna do work soon in the near future. We're gonna be NASTY.