Zion Logue - DE - Commt Date Sept 6th

CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Elite 8 - kids recruitment blew up in a short period of time

«13

Comments

  • FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    He is a lowish level 3 star, 2019. Is he likely to rise?

  • MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    All I know is the vol moonshine twitter mafia will flood his feed with hate mail if he doesn't choose TN.
    It's encouraging that they've dropped the "JustPruitt" spam though. Seemed like they were flooding every 2018 prospect's impending announcement tweet with responses that included some derivative of "JustPruitt."

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Gonna guess this is really down to us, Tennessee, and Florida

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:
    Gonna guess this is really down to us, Tennessee, and Florida

    I’d say that’s an accurate guess

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I hope he goes to a rival. They need just enough talent to keep them relevant. Makes us look better.

  • bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    6’5.5” and 280+
    That’s really good size and we know our coaches love height on defense and offensive lines.

    Wonder how well he moves.

  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    GO DAWGS!!!

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Apparently this young man camped at UGA and made a big impression. He has offers from most of the top SEC schools. It appears perhaps his national ratings are much lower than what the recruiters see in him. Here is an article I found by Kipp Adams:https://247sports.com/Article/Georgia-Bulldogs-Recruiting-Zion-Logue-names-top-eight-will-announce-commitment-September-6-119324465/

    If I recall correctly, wasn't he one of Norton's targets that Jeff Sentell had mentioned in an article recently?

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Coaches have had a good look st him, must like what they saw at camp. Him and Savion Williams being in class wouldn't upset me. He should easily be at DT size by start of 2019 season.

  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @coastaldawg said:
    Coaches have had a good look st him, must like what they saw at camp. Him and Savion Williams being in class wouldn't upset me. He should easily be at DT size by start of 2019 season.

    Zion, Savion, Travon, and Norton would work for me

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @brentwilson said
    Zion, Savion, Travon, and Norton would work for me

    Savion looked good in the little bit of video I've seen of him, seemed to have a mean streak. Him and Zion seem to have something Scott could work with.

  • MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Do want don't care what the ranking obsessed people say

  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @coastaldawg said:

    @brentwilson said
    Zion, Savion, Travon, and Norton would work for me

    Savion looked good in the little bit of video I've seen of him, seemed to have a mean streak. Him and Zion seem to have something Scott could work with.

    one thing i’ve noticed with Georgia is that they’ve never really recruited big time DT prospects except for Trenton Thompson (#1 overall player) and Julian Rochester who was a very high 4 star. maybe some others here and there but most of the guys are 3 stars. Georgia has never dominated the DL but they’ve always been solid. I think coach scott can definitely coach the players up if they have the potential and able to be corrected. these guys definitely have potential to be solid.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @brentwilson said:

    @coastaldawg said:

    @brentwilson said
    Zion, Savion, Travon, and Norton would work for me

    Savion looked good in the little bit of video I've seen of him, seemed to have a mean streak. Him and Zion seem to have something Scott could work with.

    one thing i’ve noticed with Georgia is that they’ve never really recruited big time DT prospects except for Trenton Thompson (#1 overall player) and Julian Rochester who was a very high 4 star. maybe some others here and there but most of the guys are 3 stars. Georgia has never dominated the DL but they’ve always been solid. I think coach scott can definitely coach the players up if they have the potential and able to be corrected. these guys definitely have potential to be solid.

    We've recruited them, they've just picked other teams. Derrick Brown and Aubrey Solomon would've been huge gets but they made other decisions

  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Kasey said:

    @brentwilson said:

    @coastaldawg said:

    @brentwilson said
    Zion, Savion, Travon, and Norton would work for me

    Savion looked good in the little bit of video I've seen of him, seemed to have a mean streak. Him and Zion seem to have something Scott could work with.

    one thing i’ve noticed with Georgia is that they’ve never really recruited big time DT prospects except for Trenton Thompson (#1 overall player) and Julian Rochester who was a very high 4 star. maybe some others here and there but most of the guys are 3 stars. Georgia has never dominated the DL but they’ve always been solid. I think coach scott can definitely coach the players up if they have the potential and able to be corrected. these guys definitely have potential to be solid.

    We've recruited them, they've just picked other teams. Derrick Brown and Aubrey Solomon would've been huge gets but they made other decisions

    i meant receiving commitments from

  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 10

    Hopefully this is a case of excellent scouting by Georgia’s excellent staff knowing way, way, way more than I ever will. I trust these guys really, really, really DO actually KNOW what they are doing! GO DAWGS!!!

  • AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 328 ✭✭✭ Junior

    2 CBs to the good guys so far

  • SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 152 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Zion is a good pickup, has added some weight to an already big athletic frame. Will need some strength and mass added to play that middle spot but I trust Sinclair and company more than anyone in the business.

  • umoonerumooner Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

    It seems like a Bama and UGA offer might end up bumping him to a 4 star

  • umoonerumooner Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Those offers help but I think he senior play will earn him that 4th star

    For sure, I think the offers are indicative more of what to expect from his senior year.

  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @umooner said:

    @CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Those offers help but I think he senior play will earn him that 4th star

    For sure, I think the offers are indicative more of what to expect from his senior year.

    if they have a lower rating i always look to see if Alabama, Ohio State, or Clemson has offered a recruit because those are the main schools we are trying to stay on pace with. if at least one of them has offered than I know the guy is legit.

  • AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 328 ✭✭✭ Junior

    2 more CBs from Rusty ans Kipp (Also one from Kipp for McClendon)

  • brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @AgDawg said:
    2 more CBs from Rusty ans Kipp (Also one from Kipp for McClendon)

    wowza

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @AgDawg said:
    2 more CBs from Rusty ans Kipp (Also one from Kipp for McClendon)

    Not offense to Kipp but Rusty with that “lockdown pick”

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I think the question with Zion might be whether the staff will take his commitment on Sept 6 ( if he chooses UGA), or try and string it along till December in hopes of flipping someone valued higher than him. Unless we have gotten good news on a couple of recruits that we value highly before then, I think we need to his commitment, if offered. I have faith that the staff has a plan for the DL, but seems like we can’t afford to keep putting off taking commitments any longer.

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.