Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news.... however, why are we hearing about this on 247 and not Dawgnation....

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    Great news.... however, why are we hearing about this on 247 and not Dawgnation....

It’ll be reported on DawgNation soon enough.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations Dell. You've earned it!

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

247 typically releases news first, Dawgnation will have more in depth insight.

Happy for Dell and everything he’s done/doing for our Dawgs. He’ll be gone within two years and he deserves a shot at HC.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

Happy for Dell and everything he’s done/doing for our Dawgs. He’ll be gone within two years and he deserves a shot at HC.

We need him to stay. I’d love to have him as our next head coach, god forbid Kirby ever leave

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

We need him to stay. I’d love to have him as our next head coach, god forbid Kirby ever leave

I think everyone would love to keep him. But waiting on Kirby could be an eternity in coaching terms. I think it’s more of a matter when, not if, he leaves. Just hope he doesn’t go to a rival, or say Saban’s spot when he retires.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 10

@Teddy said:

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I think everyone would love to keep him. But waiting on Kirby could be an eternity in coaching terms. I think it’s more of a matter when, not if, he leaves. Just hope he doesn’t go to a rival, or say Saban’s spot when he retires.

My bet would be on Auburn if Malzahn doesn't do well the next couple of years.....

• donmdonm Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:

@Teddy said:

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

My bet would be on Auburn if Malzahn doesn't do well the next couple of years.....

that's close to his home area of Columbus.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I could see LSwho offering him after 0 is fired this year

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love Dell but wouldn’t it be a huge jump going from his current title and experience to a HC job at such elite programs? I think if he leaves sooner than later it’s to be a HC at a smaller school or to take an OC position somewhere at an elite school. My opinion is he leaves in 2 yrs for an OC gig somewhere else. I wish he’d play the long game and would stay longer but HC attrition is a good thing in a sense that it means we are doing something right.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These promotions are designed to keep these guys as long as possible. Why leave Athens for a lateral move. Now if coley and Dell leave, it has to be for a legit head coaching gig

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    These promotions are designed to keep these guys as long as possible. Why leave Athens for a lateral move. Now if coley and Dell leave, it has to be for a legit head coaching gig

As long as their pay reflects that. Even though Lane Kiffin (I know, its Lane Kiffin) is making less money as head coach now than he was as OC for Alabama, why he chose to do that I’ll never know

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

This could only mean one thing, WER’E GETTING D-ROB!!

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 10

You would think that not all of them would be on vacation at the same time. I understand that its a down time for "big" news... crap tell me about the nutrition program or the S&C program ... tell me about the dang laundry boy and how he always want to play for the Dawgs, but just didnt have it so he decided that washing towels was his way of supporting the NATION.

I dont care what it is, just feed my hunger for ANYTHING Dawg related.

Edit..... Better yet, hire me to report on it. I'll talked to that laundry boy.

@Dawgy_Fresh said:
    I love Dell but wouldn’t it be a huge jump going from his current title and experience to a HC job at such elite programs? I think if he leaves sooner than later it’s to be a HC at a smaller school or to take an OC position somewhere at an elite school. My opinion is he leaves in 2 yrs for an OC gig somewhere else. I wish he’d play the long game and would stay longer but HC attrition is a good thing in a sense that it means we are doing something right.

Don't think it would be that big of a jump for him. He is an elite recruiter and a big name program that is struggling and has a very impatient fan base (LSwho) would take the chance just like they did with Coach 0. After all he does have the title of Assistant HC now.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wasn’t he head coach of GA Southern before?

@greygoose01 said:
    Wasn’t he head coach of GA Southern before?

interim HC at Ga. Southern

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to be confused with head assistant coach, which would be an actual job description.

• HopperHopper Posts: 74 ✭✭ Sophomore

Where did McGhee come from? Who found him? What kind of school ties does he have outside UGA?

@Hopper said:
    Where did McGhee come from? Who found him? What kind of school ties does he have outside UGA?

He's from Columbus, he played football at Auburn, coached HS ball with great success in Columbus, served briefly in some capacity at either Bama, or Auburn then was, an assistant at Georgia Southern before Kirby wisely hired him.
    His HS players would run through walls for him.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good for him. Well deserved. Hopefully it's enough to fend off other suitors from various job offerings (for a while anyway?) that MOST CERTAINLY will come, (probably his recent pay-raise fended off a few of them already!) I am happy for coach Dell McGee, & I sincerely hope that Georgia & CKS can hang onto him for as long as is possible. GO DAWGS!!!

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@Hopper said:

He's from Columbus, he played football at Auburn, coached HS ball with great success in Columbus, served briefly in some capacity at either Bama, or Auburn then was, an assistant at Georgia Southern before Kirby wisely hired him.

Was he in the GSU coaching staff when they faced Alabama?

@BrooklynDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Hopper said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Hopper said:

No, he coached on the only losing staff they've had, no fault of his own though.

• BrooklynDawgBrooklynDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Hopper said:

@BrooklynDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@Hopper said:

No, he coached on the only losing staff they've had, no fault of his own though.

Thanks, wasn't sure. Knew he was there though.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@Kasey said:

As long as their pay reflects that. Even though Lane Kiffin (I know, its Lane Kiffin) is making less money as head coach now than he was as OC for Alabama, why he chose to do that I’ll never know

Not so sure this was a voluntary move for Kiffen