The 2019 class is already a Top 30

pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With only 10 commits so far and 217 points, this class as is would have ranked at #29 in the nation last year. Would have been #25 in 2017 and #24 in 2016. Let that sink in.

Comments

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    With only 10 commits so far and 217 points, this class as is would have ranked at #29 in the nation last year. Would have been #25 in 2017 and #24 in 2016. Let that sink in.

So what..., Richt worthy?

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

I think you missed the part about only 10 commits so far. He never said that those ranking would be acceptable for a full class.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rivals:
    two 5*
    seven 4*
    one 3*

Number Fifteen overall

4.1 average from Rivals no one else breaks the 4 barrier with only 10 committed. Not too shabby and we have slots for at least 10 more.......

• superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 90 ✭✭ Sophomore

why only 10 committed tho?

@superblackeagle said:

There are probably 5 or more silent commits and several told to hold off on committing to see how others play out.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson SO TRUE SIR!! What really gets me excited (so far & it’s only 7/10/18 today) is that the 24/7 Sports composite AVERAGE of this class for Georgia is currently at 95.16, & that (unless I’m sadly mistaken?) is TOPS among all of the top 20 recruiting classes for this cycle (again, only so far) in 2019. GO DAWGS!!!

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

what's wrong with UGA recruiting?

@donm that’s funny sir! GO DAWGS!!!

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

We have the #1 per player rating using the 247 composite, that means more than point total at this stage.

@dawgnms said:

@superblackeagle said:

There are probably 5 or more silent commits and several told to hold off on committing to see how others play out.

Really ? I'm not aware of any silent commits.

edited July 10

@BamaDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

I think you missed the part about only 10 commits so far. He never said that those ranking would be acceptable for a full class.

I think we'll finish with 5 or so 5 star players and mostly 4 star guys around them. That would give us 15 players rated as 5 stars over a 3 year period. That would be close to Bama's level.

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@superblackeagle said:

I said "probably" after all I don't know everything unlike others who will remain nameless >:)

@dawgnms said:

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@superblackeagle said:

I said "probably" after all I don't know everything unlike others who will remain nameless >:)

Ok,I'm just wary of ''silent commits'', they are usually toe in the water types.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The people ahead of us on the board right now have maxed out classes with 10 players that are 3 star athletes. UGA does not take more then three players that are 3 star this year. There are roughly ten spots left. I believe 2 of them will be 5 stars making it four 5* players, 6 of them being 4* making it thirteen 4* players, and 2 players that are 3* players making it 3 players that are 3*

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@superblackeagle said:

Moot question if UGA finishes 290+ 24/7comp. If Kirby can sign Tyson Campbell, Quay Walker, Tommy Bush, and flip Otis Reese on NSD who am I to question his methods? He's a much better recruiter than his predecessor.
    ...but, I suspect it's because it's more difficult to get a commitment out of a five star recruit than a three star recruit. Kirby could get a verbal commitment out of a dozen three and four stars within the hour if he wanted to. He has more patience and confidence than your average HC.

@JoelSidneyKelly I’m guessing that it might be described as what some folks refer to as “moxie?” CKS HAS GOT A LOT OF MOXIE, (& patience too!). GO DAWGS!!!

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

We have the #1 per player rating using the 247 composite, that means more than point total at this stage.

@WCDawg agree completely sir. That’s a very high composite average, is it not?

• DobroMattInOzDobroMattInOz Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BamaDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

I'm sorry--"down" vote was a total hand click mistake. Is there any way to mitigate this?

@DobroMattInOz said:

@BamaDawg said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

I'm sorry--"down" vote was a total hand click mistake. Is there any way to mitigate this?

@DobroMattInOz yes, on anything you’ve accidentally tapped, just tap it again & it’s gone.

@DobroMattInOz that goes for accidents good or bad? Doesn’t matter, another tap & whatever you had voted up, down, off topic,??? It’ll disappear your previous vote. Unlike posts, there’s no 60 minute limit. At least, I don’t think there is???

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

@dawgnms said:

@superblackeagle said:

They're really really silent so silent even Kirby isnt aware of them

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SavannahDawg1 said:
    If I had to name some silent (IMO) I'd go with dean, walker(yes I know I will catch heat for this but I'm sticking to it) ,Jermaine johnson, Emery Jr., DJ Daniel

i could see that

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@superblackeagle said:

Moot question if UGA finishes 290+ 24/7comp. If Kirby can sign Tyson Campbell, Quay Walker, Tommy Bush, and flip Otis Reese on NSD who am I to question his methods? He's a much better recruiter than his predecessor.
    ...but, I suspect it's because it's more difficult to get a commitment out of a five star recruit than a three star recruit. Kirby could get a verbal commitment out of a dozen three and four stars within the hour if he wanted to. He has more patience and confidence than your average HC.

“Preach”

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    The people ahead of us on the board right now have maxed out classes with 10 players that are 3 star athletes. UGA does not take more then three players that are 3 star this year. There are roughly ten spots left. I believe 2 of them will be 5 stars making it four 5* players, 6 of them being 4* making it thirteen 4* players, and 2 players that are 3* players making it 3 players that are 3*

That would definitely be a Top 3 class.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

That would definitely be a Top 3 class.

A top 5 class is what we should expect year after year with Kirby and staff. Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio state will consistently stay in the mix.

I hope I am right, we will find out in about 6 months

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 491 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The lines are blurry for silent commits and offers. The class could likely be full by EOD today, but just because someone privately tells Kirby he wants to come to UGA doesnt mean he’s our top priority.

There’s a wide range from a 3* guy who’s not being recruited hard but wants to come and is maybe a backup option, to a 5* guy who is a legitimate commitment but hasn’t told the public.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SavannahDawg1 said:
    If I had to name some silent (IMO) I'd go with dean, walker(yes I know I will catch heat for this but I'm sticking to it) ,Jermaine johnson, Emery Jr., DJ Daniel

What makes you say Emery is a silent commit?

• PigeonsPigeons Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@WCDawg said:

Wouldn't be very silent if you did...

• MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@judasdurant said:

@SavannahDawg1 said:

What makes you say Emery is a silent commit?

Good question this is the first ive heard that Ihope it isnt just based on him posting a video of himself in a Georgia shirt....