My Dream Georgia 2019 Class

tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IF I could construct my dream class from the ground up, this would be it.

QB - Ryan Hilinski
RB - John Emery Jr.
WR - Dom, Jadon, & George Pickens
TE - Goede
OL - Truss & Kenyon Green

DL - Norton, Faatui Tuitele, Antonio Alfano, Travon Walker & Eboigbe
LB - Nolan (OLB/DE), J.D., Trez, Nakobe, Rian, JJ
DB - Jalen, Andrew Booth, Lewis Cine, Tyrique Stevenson, & Daxton Hill

What would be your ideal class? Looking for creativity here. This is not a bash fest or a shout down saloon. This is just you putting on your spurs & having fun.

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i like this

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

pretty good @tiger_62082 Really like the DL but I think that is dreaming pretty big.....with Norton committed and he should grow to play with his hand in the dirt, and we grab Walker I would be happy with those d00ds for sure

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No dream class of mine is complete without Jennie and Samantha, circa 1968.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I pretty much agree with most your class, except I'd take Sanders over Emery. And maybe sub one of the DTs (in the 280 lb range) for another true NG like Sopsher. I like your class though.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Teddy said:
    I pretty much agree with most your class, except I'd take Sanders over Emery. And maybe sub one of the DTs (in the 280 lb range) for another true NG like Sopsher. I like your class though.

I havent watched any game film of davis at rb, but would be fun watching that size an speed in athens

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

QB - Ryan Hilinski
    RB - John Emery Jr.
    TE - Goede

What would be your ideal class? Looking for creativity here. This is not a bash fest or a shout down saloon. This is just you putting on your spurs & having fun.

1. A corollary might be this: If UGA goes into the SECCG undefeated, how many of your dream class would still be unsigned?

2. 2nd corollary would be: If UGA wins the SECCG (and is undefeated), how many of your dream class would still be unsigned?

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgnms said:
    pretty good @tiger_62082 Really like the DL but I think that is dreaming pretty big.....with Norton committed and he should grow to play with his hand in the dirt, and we grab Walker I would be happy with those d00ds for sure

Thanks. Obviously this is unrealistic; just one of the things I'd do if I was God for a day.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

Sopsher has NT size, but he has high level DT mobility.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is my dream class that I will try to pair some realism with in addition to dreaming. Also looking at depth that we have

QB: Plumlee (I like him) and maybe Bo Nix just to piss Auburn fans off (landed number 2 QB last year and number 1 dual threat)
    RB: Trey Sanders and Emery or Cain (number 1 and 3 RB last year)
    TE: Geode (landed) (we also have Luke Ford who was the number 3 TE in the country last year)
    OC: Clay Webb. A center is a crucial position and this is a once in a generation center
    OG: Kardell Thomas (we landed the number 1 guard in the country last year as well as number 3)
    OT: Wright, Dobbs and Truss (landed) (we also landed the number 3 tackle in the country last year)
    WR: we currently have the number 1 and number 4 WR’s in Haselwood and Blaylock. We will also find out about D-Rob in a few days

DL: Travon Walker and Sophser
    WDE: Nolan Smith (landed)
    SDE: Flip Hinton from Michigan (but we landed the number 2 SDE in the country last year)
    ILD: Nakobe Dean (landed number 5 ILB in the country last year)
    OLD: Pappoe and Davis (hopefully we land Davis) (landed number 1 and 2 OLB last year)
    CB: Akeem Dent and Tyrique Stevenson (landed number 2 and 26 CB last year)
    S: Lewis Cine (we need debth here and we need to sign 2-3 Safteys)

ATH: Crouch and Marshall (currently landed Marshall)

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    Here is my dream class that I will try to pair some realism with in addition to dreaming. Also looking at depth that we have

QB: Plumlee (I like him) and maybe Bo Nix just to piss Auburn fans off (landed number 2 QB last year and number 1 dual threat)
    TE: Geode (landed) (we also have Luke Ford who was the number 3 TE in the country last year)
    OC: Clay Webb. A center is a crucial position and this is a once in a generation center
    OG: Kardell Thomas (we landed the number 1 guard in the country last year as well as number 3)
    OT: Wright, Dobbs and Truss (landed) (we also landed the number 3 tackle in the country last year)
    WR: we currently have the number 1 and number 4 WR’s in Haselwood and Blaylock. We will also find out about D-Rob in a few days

SDE: Flip Hinton from Michigan (but we landed the number 2 SDE in the country last year)
    OLD: Pappoe and Davis (hopefully we land Davis) (landed number 1 and 2 OLB last year)

FYI Webb said in an interview (this year?) that he wanted to play guard in college, Cannot find that interview but the link is a Clemson link that shows OG as his position.

Like your list. Quibble is probably other SDE should be in the picture as Hinton might not flip no matter what UGA does this year.

https://tigernet.com/recruit/Clay-Webb-3092

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

QB - Ryan Hilinski
    RB - John Emery Jr.
    TE - Goede

@tiger_62082 I mean seriously, what could possibly EXCEED THIS??? Good grief!!! This happens?? I’ll jump for joy!!

• DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 403 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 Love the dream class. Have to admit that you caught me off guard with Hill. I usually scroll by those midwestern guys on 247 that are not from Texas. He would be a great addition to the no fly zone 2019.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope there are no rules cause I put a guy without a UGA offer. Wanted to add Thibodaux DE, Miller C, and Hammond G but no room lol

QB - Rattler
    RB - Sanders, Cain
    WR - Haselwood, Ladson, Blaylock
    TE - Goede
    OT - Wright, Truss
    DT - Walker, Sophser, Tuitele
    DE - Smith, Hinton, Norton
    ILB - Dean, Davis, Betrand, Trez
    OLB - J.J.
    CB - Perry, Booth, Stevenson,
    S - Cine, Andrews

@Thelordjohnson said:
    I hope there are no rules cause I put a guy without a UGA offer. Wanted to add Thibodaux DE, Miller C, and Hammond G but no room lol

QB - Rattler
    RB - Sanders, Cain
    TE - Goede
    OT - Wright, Truss
    OLB - J.J.
    S - Cine, Andrews

Who would NOT sign even if UGA wins out (CFP or natty win)? (Who of these is really OUT-THERE ---->)

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

QB - Rattler
    RB - Sanders, Cain
    TE - Goede
    OT - Wright, Truss
    OLB - J.J.
    S - Cine, Andrews

Who would NOT sign even if UGA wins out (CFP or natty win)? (Who of these is really OUT-THERE ---->)

On my list Rattler, Booth Tuitele, Ladson, Sophser all look unlikely at the moment (depends on Bama, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, and Clemson for those). The RBs are a long shot together but arent against it. Cine and Andrews look good but who knows. I really like Rattler and Ladson a lot though.

Good lord, THIS is an awesome thread!!! GO DAWGS!!!

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

QB - Rattler
    RB - Sanders, Cain
    TE - Goede
    OT - Wright, Truss
    OLB - J.J.
    S - Cine, Andrews

There were no rules regarding the class. A lot of the kids in my class won't sign.
    Not sure Jadon would be there in the end if two running backs are signed (again) this cycle. That'd be a repellent for him and kids like Burton and Gilbert next cycle. They want to see a more balanced offense & pass catchers put up #s. Just my .02.

@FirePlugDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

QB - Ryan Hilinski
    RB - John Emery Jr.
    TE - Goede

1. A corollary might be this: If UGA goes into the SECCG undefeated, how many of your dream class would still be unsigned?

2. 2nd corollary would be: If UGA wins the SECCG (and is undefeated), how many of your dream class would still be unsigned?

No correlation with reality for my class; just a dream class in every sense of the term.
    Regardless of how the season turns out, only 50-60% of the kids on my list are likely.

@tiger_62082 said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

QB - Ryan Hilinski
    RB - John Emery Jr.
    TE - Goede

No correlation with reality for my class; just a dream class in every sense of the term.
    Regardless of how the season turns out, only 50-60% of the kids on my list are likely.

Don't sell yourself short. If UGA has the year it should more like 70-80% or more might be in it. A few names I do not recognize/don't know enough about. Doubt UGA wants Hilinski. Faatui Tuitele, Antonio Alfano, & Eboigbe might not join. Andrew Booth is unlikely. Don't know Daxton Hill, Kenyon Green. Whatever the math is, that is how I see it. But good job as always on this.

This thread is a list of just over the top dreams I have..... I actually wonder if any of these come close to what actually happens this year when the ink starts to dry after all the signings are in the books??? GO DAWGS!!!