Not feeling the love for Brian Herrien...

chub4Chubbchub4Chubb Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophmore

Dont take this the wrong way, it’s not like he doesn’t get love, I just don’t think he gets enough, including from uga fans, including from myself. He stole my heart at first carry (td), he earned the “my fav uga player” award from a kid, sought the kid out, and took pictures with him and his family...and that his freshman campaign... DGMFD!!! I get rightfully caught up in the Chubb and Michel, and the Swift and Holyfield, and the Zeus and Cook... I just want credit where it is due, from national analysts, the uga family, and myself. Brian Herrien is a DSGB with a heart of gold and a hell of a pair of cleats, and I don’t say it enough, but without players like that, flying under the radar, then you have no team. Let’s go 35! Let’s go Dawgs!

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unfortunately last year he averaged under 5 yards a carry. Hopefully he has been working hard over the off season. He is a DGD for sure, can't wait to see what the season has in store

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ Junior

kid went north of 1500 as a senior if i remember ...that was in 5a...really underrated out of hs imo...imo kinda seeks out contact...dont think he has the vision of holyfield but runs as hard as any rb in the room....honestly if he was
    @uscjr he would be a household name there.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ Junior

I will say this. He has completely leaned out and transformed his body.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@3rdshift said:
    kid went north of 1500 as a senior if i remember ...that was in 5a...really underrated out of hs imo...imo kinda seeks out contact...dont think he has the vision of holyfield but runs as hard as any rb in the room....honestly if he was

one of my brothers had 1500+ this year as a junior in 6A and he’s only a 2 star on 247

• icecolddawgicecolddawg Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

He will be heard from this year! I will never write the kid off after the hurdle he jumped to land at UGA. #DGD #family

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He can assert himself this year with a bust b u t t fall camp & CKS (just like anyone & everyone else) WILL REWARD HIM WITH PLAYING TIME that’s been EARNED IN PRACTICE!!! I’m rooting for him to have truly a breakout year!!!

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he is a very good back despite his low ranking. He is the hustle and hardworker type whereas someone like Holyfield and Zeus have been blessed with all the traits, Swift and Cook have deceptive speed. Herrian will work his way to the field. He'll probably start camp off as 3rd or 2nd string. If he hits the gaps like before he'll be okay. I also think Chubb being hurt 2016 helped him and Chubb and Michel returning hurt him

• donmdonm Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    I think he is a very good back despite his low ranking. He is the hustle and hardworker type whereas someone like Holyfield and Zeus have been blessed with all the traits, Swift and Cook have deceptive speed. Herrian will work his way to the field. He'll probably start camp off as 3rd or 2nd string. If he hits the gaps like before he'll be okay. I also think Chubb being hurt 2016 helped him and Chubb and Michel returning hurt him

Curious why you say Cook has "deceptive" speed. He's a national level sprinter and was on the state championship 4x100 team, I think. Are you saying that he looks effortless when he runs? Or something else.?

• orlandoorlando Posts: 347 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herrien is a dgd for sure, glad dawgs have him. Going to be a fierce competition for playing time in the backfield this fall. Speaking of Cook, only takes a couple of steps and he’s gone, reminds me of Prime Time.

@donm said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

Curious why you say Cook has "deceptive" speed. He's a national level sprinter and was on the state championship 4x100 team, I think. Are you saying that he looks effortless when he runs? Or something else.?

Cook isn't a blazer in video. He probably was never the fastest in his area. But he gets by you cause he has good burst and acceleration. But just raw speed he isn't a top guy if that makes sense.

• donmdonm Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@donm said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

Cook isn't a blazer in video. He probably was never the fastest in his area. But he gets by you cause he has good burst and acceleration. But just raw speed he isn't a top guy if that makes sense.

Thanks for clarification. He wasn't the fastest guy in town...not when the town includes Anthony Schwarz, his teammate on the 4x100. I see your reasoning.

@donm said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

@donm said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

Thanks for clarification. He wasn't the fastest guy in town...not when the town includes Anthony Schwarz, his teammate on the 4x100. I see your reasoning.

And a sneaky Auburn commit Shavers!

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

It appeared last year he would go down really easy, like after the first hit, where the rest of our crew would claw and scratch to stay up until the 4th or 5th man hit. I think he's a great back, but maybe a little weak after the first hit.

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ Junior

@brentwilson said:

@3rdshift said:

one of my brothers had 1500+ this year as a junior in 6A and he’s only a 2 star on 247

whats his name? would like to view his tape? on a positive note 1500+ as a jr in big boy 6a should get you free school and you get to keep playing....rankings are not everything...and yes kids can still be overlooked...make sure he has a good tape and get it out there....make sure he gets to every camp he possibly can....congrats to him and good luck.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 11

@Kasey said:
    Seemed like he did a little too much stutter stepping behind the line last year. Hope he hits the hole a little harder this year bc we are going to need him

He's a good back, but he is limited. He is not a strong or determined inside runner and while he can use speed to get around the edge, he's not a big scoring threat because he's not very elusive.