Alabama Rebuild

PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 247 ✭✭✭ Junior

What are your actual thoughts on Alabama this year? We know Saban can rebuild a team, but is this not the biggest rebuild he will of ever had? New OC, New DC, and replacing 12 starters. Is that not a lot even by the Saban standards?

I know all roads point to Alabama winning the west as they have proven they can do it more often than not, but for whatever reason given the above information I do not think they will win the west this year. Maybe I am crazy

What are your thoughts? If you think I am crazy that's ok too

Comments

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think they’ll win more because of their offense than their defense this year

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

i’ve felt this way for a while. and now they’ve lost another star LB that was supposed to be a first rounder. i think they win the West but a lot of people are expecting them to win it all without any competition. Also i have heard that if Jalen hurts recognizes he won’t start, he will immediately transfer and forgo the season. If that’s the case, what if Tua goes down? who’s behind him?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    i’ve felt this way for a while. and now they’ve lost another star LB that was supposed to be a first rounder. i think they win the West but a lot of people are expecting them to win it all without any competition. Also i have heard that if Jalen hurts recognizes he won’t start, he will immediately transfer and forgo the season. If that’s the case, what if Tua goes down? who’s behind him?

Mac Jones and they will be fine

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    What are your actual thoughts on Alabama this year? We know Saban can rebuild a team, but is this not the biggest rebuild he will of ever had? New OC, New DC, and replacing 12 starters. Is that not a lot even by the Saban standards?

I know all roads point to Alabama winning the west as they have proven they can do it more often than not, but for whatever reason given the above information I do not think they will win the west this year. Maybe I am crazy

What are your thoughts? If you think I am crazy that's ok too

I dont think they take that big of a step back. Locksley and Lupoi had both been co coordinators last season.
    Their defense will look similar to UGA last season (probably this season as well). A good run stopping, pass rush that allows the DBs to perform.
    Bama has never had exciting QBs so expect ththe continued success of the RB roster they have, Saban is still in control, and their OLine and Front 7 are still pretty good despite losing Cowan and Lewis (Davis and Miller or McMillian can step in).

I dont think youre crazy its just the norm at Bama (OSU as well) and will probably begin to be the norm at Clemson, Miami, FSU, and UGA as well.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama will be REALLY good this year mostly due to Tua T. He will be the best pure QB that Saban has had and their offense will be a machine. Luckily for UGA, we are one of the few teams that have enough fire power to match. We may have a slight edge on Defense. Both defenses are talented, but unproven at several positions. Our Defensive staff remains mostly intact with exception of Dan Lanning. Neither team has a clear cut advantage over the other at this point.

For me the real X-FACTOR is Justin Fields. I believe he is the most gifted QB of both rosters and that's saying a lot. Tua & Jake are outstanding QB prospects, but Fields is in another world physically. A unique combination of the arm of Deshaun Watson, the size and physicality of Tim Tebow & the speed of Lamar Jackson. Not to mention that Fields is a high IQ guy, also. The only area that he lacks is a BIG one....experience.