Bama Hype Video - Best QB Room?

mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Bama put out a hype video saying they have the best QB room in the country. Would y’all agree/disagree that the Jalen/Tua duo are better than Jake/Justin?

https://mobile.twitter.com/alabamaftbl/status/1016779675316703232

«13

Comments

  • VALDOSTADAWGVALDOSTADAWG Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Didn't watch this, probably won't since my work computer doesn't have speakers. Anyway I'm hoping this is exactly what they call it. "Hype". Tua is unproven. Yes they will get thru the season (possibly undefeated) until they face us. Pardon my confidence. Their players are talking and giving interviews without Saban's approval and I think it will catch up with them. They say Tua is the best thing since sliced bread and his brother has potential to be better. Not sure if Hurts leaves or not, but either way its a bad look to have your QB's and RB's chirping during the offseason about playing time. The DAWGS are on the rise and I see Kirby stepping on people's throats more this season and eventually doing the same to Alabama.

    Back on topic though, We have the better QB room. No Question IMHO.

  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Disagree STRONGLY!!!! One two year starting QB with nothing but ALL STAR talent at ALL positions around him, who can run, but cannot pass consistently at all. One (supposed) new starting QB who played one half of football & after taking a 16 yard sack, completed one of the luckiest finishing passes in college football history. No. It’s not even close. This hype video proves (to me).... why GEORGIA is DEFINITELY on THEIR MINDS!!! GO DAWGS!!!

  • greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @christopherules said:
    Disagree STRONGLY!!!! One two year starting QB with nothing but ALL STAR talent at ALL positions around him, who can run, but cannot pass consistently at all. One (supposed) new starting QB who played one half of football & after taking a 16 yard sack, completed one of the luckiest finishing passes in college football history. No. It’s not even close. This hype video proves (to me).... why GEORGIA is DEFINITELY on THEIR MINDS!!! GO DAWGS!!!

    You nailed it with one word... LUCKIEST. They must have a rabbits foot stuffed in their jock straps or something. I mean, that sounds like something a Gump would do anyway, right? :D

  • ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I think UGA will be more talented eventually but being honest Bama has a QB that has been to the NCG 2 times and another that won and they have a legit third string QB.
    I'd say UGA is on par with Washington's (maybe OSU) talent which isnt a slouch.

  • coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    I'd say Bama's would be rated as better, because Fields is a freshman and hasn't played yet. Better question might be would you trade our QBs for Bama's? Think the answer would be a resounding no vote by all informed college football fans outside of Alabama.

  • levanderlevander Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Ohio State has the best QB room in the country.

    Georgia is probably second, especially if you give them points for youth.

    Alabama is probably top 7 in the country for QB rooms... Jalen is nothing special. Tua is an excellent prospect.

  • dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 11

    Jalen is a bad QB imo. Tua is very good. @JoelSidneyKelly that is a terrible take I get they're our rivals but to say Fields who hasn't even seen the field is better than Tua is the biggest display of homerism I've ever seen. With that said our QB room is better We have a Elite QB in a fromm and the best Qb in the 18 class. They have one elite QB......that's it.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dawgOf2002 said:
    Jalen is a bad QB imo. Tua is very good. @JoelSidneyKelly that is a terrible take I get they're our rivals but to say Fields who hasn't even seen the field is better than Tua is the biggest display of homerism I've ever seen. With that said our QB room is better We have a Elite QB in a fromm and the best freshmen QB in the nation. They have one elite QB......that's it.

    You contradict yourself. Saying Fields isn’t better than Tua, but then go on to say he’s the best freshman QB... when we haven’t seen him play. How do we not know Lawrence, or numerous other QBs, aren’t better? You know, since we haven’t seen him play.

  • dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 11

    @Teddy said:

    @dawgOf2002 said:
    Jalen is a bad QB imo. Tua is very good. @JoelSidneyKelly that is a terrible take I get they're our rivals but to say Fields who hasn't even seen the field is better than Tua is the biggest display of homerism I've ever seen. With that said our QB room is better We have a Elite QB in a fromm and the best freshmen QB in the nation. They have one elite QB......that's it.

    You contradict yourself. Saying Fields isn’t better than Tua, but then go on to say he’s the best freshman QB... when we haven’t seen him play. How do we not know Lawrence, or numerous other QBs, aren’t better? You know, since we haven’t seen him play.

    That's my opinion based on lawrence's and Fields high school tape maybe I should reword it to best QB in the 18 class but no amount of high school tape should lead anyone to the conclusion that fields is better than a college player as accomplished as Tua is he's already proven in the biggest stage in college football where as fields hasn't taken a snap.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dawgOf2002 said:

    @Teddy said:

    @dawgOf2002 said:
    Jalen is a bad QB imo. Tua is very good. @JoelSidneyKelly that is a terrible take I get they're our rivals but to say Fields who hasn't even seen the field is better than Tua is the biggest display of homerism I've ever seen. With that said our QB room is better We have a Elite QB in a fromm and the best freshmen QB in the nation. They have one elite QB......that's it.

    You contradict yourself. Saying Fields isn’t better than Tua, but then go on to say he’s the best freshman QB... when we haven’t seen him play. How do we not know Lawrence, or numerous other QBs, aren’t better? You know, since we haven’t seen him play.

    That's my opinion based on lawrence's and Fields high school tape maybe I should reword it to best QB in the 18 class but no amount of high school tape should lead anyone to the conclusion that fields is better than a college player as accomplished as Tua is he's already proven in the biggest stage in college football where as fields hasn't taken a snap.

    Either way, your eye test of watching high school tape means about as much as Joel’s opinion on the situation. Also, one good half for Tua, against a team that didn’t prepare for him, doesn’t count as proven just yet. Savior of one Bama game, yes, proven, no.

  • ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    There are alot of good QB rooms but Bama has 2 guys who have played on the big stage. No other room can say that. I think Bama is #1, OSU #2, Washington, UGA, Clemson are tied #3... Oh and a sleeper "best" freshman JT Daniels who was the best 2019 QB (only 5*) and reclassified.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    There’s is pretty good. They have the hardware so they can say whatever they want right now. I want us to say it on the field and take it

  • SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Fromm is better than Jalen and the other two are unproven. So I’ll take us.

  • levanderlevander Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Thelordjohnson said:
    There are alot of good QB rooms but Bama has 2 guys who have played on the big stage. No other room can say that. I think Bama is #1, OSU #2, Washington, UGA, Clemson are tied #3... Oh and a sleeper "best" freshman JT Daniels who was the best 2019 QB (only 5*) and reclassified.

    You’re giving them points just because they’ve played in big games? Saban’s whole thing on offense is building that a team that doesn’t depend on having a great QB.There are a lot of athletes who can handle the pressure. Neither Oklahoma nor Georgia had ever been to the playoffs. Not one player on either team had ever been on a stage that large. Nobody said either team lost because the stage was too big for players on either team.

  • dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Teddy
    Either way, your eye test of watching high school tape means about as much as Joel’s opinion on the situation. Also, one good half for Tua, against a team that didn’t prepare for him, doesn’t count as proven just yet. Savior of one Bama game, yes, proven, no.

    Look buddy most scouts have him as a top 5 QB in the SEC and I've seen some rank him top 10 in the nation and to say a true freshmen QB is better than him is a little absurd to me thats all I'm saying.

  • superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

    I have no problem with Bama talking....they've earned that right....talk away boys, we'll see ya in the dome in Dec.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dawgOf2002 said:

    @Teddy
    Either way, your eye test of watching high school tape means about as much as Joel’s opinion on the situation. Also, one good half for Tua, against a team that didn’t prepare for him, doesn’t count as proven just yet. Savior of one Bama game, yes, proven, no.

    Look buddy most scouts have him as a top 5 QB in the SEC and I've seen some rank him top 10 in the nation and to say a true freshmen QB is better than him is a little absurd to me thats all I'm saying.

    I never said he was, or wasn’t, better. This back and forth started because you called someone out for saying Fields is better because he’s never played. Then you said Fields is the best freshman QB in college, even though you haven’t seen any of the freshmen QBs in the country play college ball either. Try to keep up, buddy.

  • dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Teddy said:

    @dawgOf2002 said:

    @Teddy
    Either way, your eye test of watching high school tape means about as much as Joel’s opinion on the situation. Also, one good half for Tua, against a team that didn’t prepare for him, doesn’t count as proven just yet. Savior of one Bama game, yes, proven, no.

    Look buddy most scouts have him as a top 5 QB in the SEC and I've seen some rank him top 10 in the nation and to say a true freshmen QB is better than him is a little absurd to me thats all I'm saying.

    I never said he was, or wasn’t, better. This back and forth started because you called someone out for saying Fields is better because he’s never played. Then you said Fields is the best freshman QB in college, even though you haven’t seen any of the freshmen QBs in the country play college ball either. Try to keep up, buddy.

    Yes bc fields is comparable to other Qb's in the 18 class bc they're in the same stage in their careers imo fields is the best QB in the 18 class BASED ON HIS HIGH SCHOOL TAPE. You can't compare High school and college tape. This isn't a conversation that we should be having bc you know what I mean and you know why it's completely different you just wanna be f***ing annoying and critique everything I say.

  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @dawgOf2002 said:

    @Teddy said:

    @dawgOf2002 said:

    @Teddy
    Either way, your eye test of watching high school tape means about as much as Joel’s opinion on the situation. Also, one good half for Tua, against a team that didn’t prepare for him, doesn’t count as proven just yet. Savior of one Bama game, yes, proven, no.

    Look buddy most scouts have him as a top 5 QB in the SEC and I've seen some rank him top 10 in the nation and to say a true freshmen QB is better than him is a little absurd to me thats all I'm saying.

    I never said he was, or wasn’t, better. This back and forth started because you called someone out for saying Fields is better because he’s never played. Then you said Fields is the best freshman QB in college, even though you haven’t seen any of the freshmen QBs in the country play college ball either. Try to keep up, buddy.

    Yes bc fields is comparable to other Qb's in the 18 class bc they're in the same stage in their careers imo fields is the best QB in the 18 class BASED ON HIS HIGH SCHOOL TAPE. You can't compare High school and college tape. This isn't a conversation that we should be having bc you know what I mean and you know why it's completely different you just wanna be f***ing annoying and critique everything I say.

    Well, when you misspeak I’ll say something from time to time. All those high school kids didn’t play against the same level of competition, or have the same supporting cast around them either. So, we still have no clue how things will pan out with any of them once on level playing fields.

  • ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Fields is better than Tua.....wannna fight about it???

  • dawgOf2002dawgOf2002 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @ghostofuga1 said:
    Fields is better than Tua.....wannna fight about it???

    Lol.

  • MotorCityDawgMotorCityDawg Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Tua is fake juice until we see his performance as starter next year he might have had the luckiest 2H performance ive seen for a QB some of his pass reads were clearly intended for other receivers but they panned out anyway im not even sure if he really intended to look off sanders either

  • ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 11

    @levander said:

    @Thelordjohnson said:
    There are alot of good QB rooms but Bama has 2 guys who have played on the big stage. No other room can say that. I think Bama is #1, OSU #2, Washington, UGA, Clemson are tied #3... Oh and a sleeper "best" freshman JT Daniels who was the best 2019 QB (only 5*) and reclassified.

    You’re giving them points just because they’ve played in big games? Saban’s whole thing on offense is building that a team that doesn’t depend on having a great QB.There are a lot of athletes who can handle the pressure. Neither Oklahoma nor Georgia had ever been to the playoffs. Not one player on either team had ever been on a stage that large. Nobody said either team lost because the stage was too big for players on either team.

    No thats not the sole reason but it is a big reason. Both players have happened in the biggest stages, Hurts was 3rd in the Heisman race. Those matter. UGA has Fromm only we believe in Fields but he hasn't stepped on a field yet. I hope i'm making sense probably not though lol.

  • SWGADAWGSWGADAWG Posts: 240 ✭✭✭ Junior

    To be fair Fields has yet to take a college snap, e may be better but have to prove it on the field first

  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @levander said:
    Ohio State has the best QB room in the country.

    Georgia is probably second, especially if you give them points for youth.

    Alabama is probably top 7 in the country for QB rooms... Jalen is nothing special. Tua is an excellent prospect.

    @levander I agree sir. As far as depth? I think the situation is that they have 4? Isn’t that why the Burroughs QB transferred to LSU? Just too many there??

  • 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 190 ✭✭✭ Junior

    imo jalens weaknesses were masked by the saban o , tuas talents were masked by the saban o

  • levanderlevander Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @christopherules said:

    @levander said:
    Ohio State has the best QB room in the country.

    Georgia is probably second, especially if you give them points for youth.

    Alabama is probably top 7 in the country for QB rooms... Jalen is nothing special. Tua is an excellent prospect.

    @levander I agree sir. As far as depth? I think the situation is that they have 4? Isn’t that why the Burroughs QB transferred to LSU? Just too many there??

    Yeah, they over-recruited. And what’s crazy is Emory Jones would have gone there this year also if Dan Mullens hadn’t have gotten the Florida job.

«13
Sign In or Register to comment.