Nakobe Dean Trending Towards the Dawgs

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

another CB for UGA yesterday... puts him at 42% UGA per 247 Crystal Ball. I’d like to know where the Bama troll from other day, who was claiming Bama won his mom and him over, is at.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    another CB for UGA yesterday... puts him at 42% UGA per 247 Crystal Ball. I’d like to know where the Bama troll from other day, who was claiming Bama won his mom and him over, is at.

probably with his mom getting lessons to keep from ending sentences with a preposition (lol). And, yes, I do know the joke about the GA lad who went to Harvard and how it ends.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’re in good shape. He is on the list of visitors to visit Bama this weekend per the BOL site.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our current depth and commits make Dean a luxury for us

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    We’re in good shape. He is on the list of visitors to visit Bama this weekend per the BOL site.

i’m sure he will get to Athens soon

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

He's more than a luxury, far more.

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Very vague, want to expand on this ?

• MidtownDawgMidtownDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

He is the best MLB prospect in the country. That isn't a luxury for any program.

UGA is doing a good job here but Bama has lots of advantages as well. This one will be a fight all the way to signing day. Could see it going either way.

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

He has the potential to be a transformative player, think Roquan Smith.
    A player with high potential to elevate your defense is always more than a luxury.
    The kid has brains, character, drive and a ton of ability.

@MidtownDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

He is the best MLB prospect in the country. That isn't a luxury for any program.

UGA is doing a good job here but Bama has lots of advantages as well. This one will be a fight all the way to signing day. Could see it going either way.

Let me clarify, Dean would be a major get for the class and I huge addition of talent to the ILB unit.

I meant Luxury as, he is not a make or break for this class. Due to current commits, another potential strong UGA lean (Davis) and the current ILB roster.

Make or break for this class, on the defensive side, is DL and DB.

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@MidtownDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Let me clarify, Dean would be a major get for the class and I huge addition of talent to the ILB unit.

I meant Luxury as, he is not a make or break for this class. Due to current commits, another potential strong UGA lean (Davis) and the current ILB roster.

Agreed with this. Dean is a huge get but not a must get. To take these points further, look for Quay Walker and Rian Davis to outgrow ILB and be placed on the outside due to their versatility.

This leaves current ILB on roster that played in 17 with newcomers Channing Tindall, Otis Reese (if he grows beyond safety), Trez Marshall (keep eye on outgrowing position too) and JD Bertrand. Based on HS film, Dean is likely the most complete ILB along with Tindall. Dean and Tindall could be the starting ILB in 20 which would be one heck of a combo. Again he’s a huge get but not a must get based on talent we already have in our cupboard. Rich folk problems!

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@MidtownDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Agreed with this. Dean is a huge get but not a must get. To take these points further, look for Quay Walker and Rian Davis to outgrow ILB and be placed on the outside due to their versatility.

This leaves current ILB on roster that played in 17 with newcomers Channing Tindall, Otis Reese (if he grows beyond safety), Trez Marshall (keep eye on outgrowing position too) and JD Bertrand. Based on HS film, Dean is likely the most complete ILB along with Tindall. Dean and Tindall could be the starting ILB in 20 which would be one heck of a combo. Again he’s a huge get but not a must get based on talent we already have in our cupboard. Rich folk problems!

Don’t count out Monty Rice just yet.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@MidtownDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Still special is special. Was Fitzpatrick a luxury for Bama given how they recruit the secondary ?

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@MidtownDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Rice is clearly central to Kirby's plans at ILB.

Accounted for Rice as part of the 17 group already on campus.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I got you, he would be a Senior in 20, are you projecting an early exit ? (Would mean he balled out, I’d take it)

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@MidtownDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Accounted for him as part of the 17 group already on campus.> @CZCashvilleDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I got you, he would be a Senior in 20, are you projecting an early exit ? (Would mean he balled out, I’d take it)

Absolutely. I think at LB, RB, and OL we’re going to start seeing 3 n out frequently.

• Atlanta_DawgAtlanta_Dawg Posts: 89 ✭✭ Sophomore

@SoFL_Dawg said:

I thought he was going to FSU this weekend?

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@MidtownDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Rice is clearly central to Kirby's plans at ILB.

Bromance right here.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Dean gets another CB to the Dawgs, up to 40%.

It’s a long way to go here, but any love towards to good guys is good news to me.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nakobe-Dean-46040061/

And the quality of the CBs such as Rusty and Wiltfong

@sidney30 said:
    I have seen the young man play in person I promise you that he is not a luxury he would be in the running for immediate playing he is that good

This^^^. Haven’t seen him play in person but next year, Rice is the only contributer left from this season that’s a force in the middle. Tindall has flashed. Q. Walker I think gets moved to OLB based on his size and versatility. Rice and Tindall, Trez and Dean, Trez and Rice, Tindall and Dean in passing situations. Have to be excited about the possibilities.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@sidney30 said:
    I have seen the young man play in person I promise you that he is not a luxury he would be in the running for immediate playing he is that good

This^^^. Haven’t seen him play in person but next year, Rice is the only contributer left from this season that’s a force in the middle. Tindall has flashed. Q. Walker I think gets moved to OLB based on his size and versatility. Rice and Tindall, Trez and Dean, Trez and Rice, Tindall and Dean in passing situations. Have to be excited about the possibilities.

Dawgnation Domination right there

• donmdonm Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greygoose01 said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@sidney30 said:

Dawgnation Domination right there

yeah, maybe we can be such a dominant defense that no one will score on us all season and the Offensive worrywarts can take a deep breath. We'll never lose a game if Hot Rod can kick one FG per game.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@sidney30 said:

I think we will still have Tae Crowder too

@brentwilson said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@sidney30 said:

Yeah left out intentionally. He’s made a couple of plays but I don’t see him being a significant contributor yet. The INT was a gift but the play had to be made, so, there’s that.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@brentwilson said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@sidney30 said:

Yeah left out intentionally. He’s made a couple of plays but I don’t see him being a significant contributor yet. The INT was a gift but the play had to be made, so, there’s that.

he's made a few solid tackles. he'll develop and be a good leader next year i think. he's done well at LB for coming in as a RB.

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 413 ✭✭✭ Junior

@sidney30 said:

Agreed. Nakobe Dean automatically boots either Marshall or Davis to the "luxury" category. I would say Marshall. A true "thumper luxury". Possibly move Marshall to fullback to get him on the field. I think he might be more of an "ATH" than just "ILB".

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:

@sidney30 said:

Agreed. Nakobe Dean automatically boots either Marshall or Davis to the "luxury" category. I would say Marshall. A true "thumper luxury". Possibly move Marshall to fullback to get him on the field. I think he might be more of an "ATH" than just "ILB".

I say take all 3. We still have unproven ILB play, so might as well stockpile the talent until it shakes itself out.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t sell Marshall short, he could turn out to be the best of the ILB class. Jeff was just saying the other day that Marshall may be the closest to Roquan out of any LB we would have. Hopefully we’ll get all three on campus and let them compete with Tindall and the others for playing time.