Now Auburn says we are cheating

PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, that’s a lot of hate and jealousy going on right there. We have been out-recruiting them for years. Don’t understand why it;s a surprise to anyone that we continue to recruit well.

• pippin888pippin888 Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

@pgjackson said:
    Man, that’s a lot of hate and jealousy going on right there. We have been out-recruiting them for years. Don’t understand why it;s a surprise to anyone that we continue to recruit well.

Did anybody else notice the extremely poor grammar that are in these posts do they not have a literature Department do they not have English 101

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the Barn is accusing us...

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At least they had two rational individuals in that thread. One wondering if they don’t do the same thing. Like big cat Bryant just had a change of heart two days before signing day.

And the one who talked about how we play all our RBs early so of course they want to come here

• BrianDawgBrianDawg Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's funny...

Some of them are convinced we are cheating but then you have posts like this. Seems some of them understand they are just getting beat in recruiting.

"audan said... (original post)

Yeah we all know what's going on under Kirby Smart!

Georgia gets the:

2017 #4 5* D'Andre Swift

2018 #1 5* Zamir White

2018 #3 4* James Cook

2019 #2 5* John Emery Jr.

So is Emery willing to sit and wait his turn for 2-3 years??? Yeah, that's what most top 5* running back are more than willing to do? We will be asking the same question next year when they get another 5* back! The fix is in! Kirby learned his cheating from the best and now he's doing it in overdrive!"

Mavis "No Emery won’t have to sit because uga like bama plays 3 to 4 RB each game that’s why the best like going to those 2 places because they get to play"

And this post as well

"Not a down voter, so I won’t do that.

But this thread is interesting. And I think we can all agree our house is not without a closet full of bones.

So why try to say someone else is doing it? Especially when we could be doing it. We get top tier recruits, don’t we?"

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jealousy has a new color, and it's orange.

They know what is coming and they cannot deal with it.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:
    They wonder why they can't recruit a running back

1) they have no offensive line
    2) they beat their running backs into the ground giving them the ball 30 times a game

Yep.
    Auburn: “Why can’t we get a top tier running back??”

It’s because they would be dead before they get to the NFL. Kerryon Johnson said “adios!”....he was t planning to get beat into the ground again. No thanks!

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They obviously haven't thought this through (probably not a strong point for any fan of an orange team). If UGA is cheating then how did they manage to land Pappoe?

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 431 ✭✭✭ Junior

Isn't ORANGE the color that is generally worn by the guest of the county or state? Fitting that it's the color of auburn, tennessee, and florida!

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AgDawg said:
    They obviously haven't thought this through (probably not a strong point for any fan of an orange team). If UGA is cheating then how did they manage to land Pappoe?

If UGA is cheating then why are over half of the in state 5 stars going outside the state?

• AgDawgAgDawg Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PharmDawg2054 said:

@AgDawg said:

If UGA is cheating then why are over half of the in state 5 stars going outside the state?

Exactly. That probably doesn't prove that UGA isn't cheating, but if they are then they aren't the only ones.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They act like Alabama is above reproach, yet they forget the manner in which Cam came to town.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ForestryDawg said:
    They act like Alabama is above reproach, yet they forget the manner in which Cam came to town.

And Nick Marshall

@PharmDawg2054 said:

2) they beat their running backs into the ground giving them the ball 30 times a game

This. The new formula for draft success is to NOT necessarily carry the ball 30 times a game for 3-4 years. That is a lot of wear and tear. You don't even need to be a starter to get into the NFL. I think top RBs are realizing the benefits of going to a team that is stacked at the RB position. You get great coaching, have some great game experience, go to the combine with lots of tread still on the tires.

How many RBs has Auburn put into the NFL compared to UGA?

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 446 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is that what they call it when our emerging stars like Justin Fields and Travon Walker are out there recruiting for Georgia. And allegedly, even before his public announcement, RB John Emery was out recruiting for us? That's just Wow.
    What you call cheating, I call Amazing.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ Junior

Embrace the haters, they are making Coach Kirby Smart into a folk hero among recruits. Every school pays their players. I don't know the exact amount the NCAA allows, but it's more than my social security check.

I am sure the staff is being creative in pushing the boundaries...but some of this stuff is just absurd. And if any of it was true, I'd be first in line to run Kirby out of town. However, I believe Smart runs a clean program. He has a product that blue-chips want to be part of. Not just that, but UGA has always sold itself. We had a Top 10 class after that horrendous 6-7 season. What other teams do that? It's a beautiful campus and beautiful city. Not many colleges can compete with what it has to offer outside the football team.

It's all just jealousy, wishful thinking and deflection.

• donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

This. The new formula for draft success is to NOT necessarily carry the ball 30 times a game for 3-4 years. That is a lot of wear and tear. You don't even need to be a starter to get into the NFL. I think top RBs are realizing the benefits of going to a team that is stacked at the RB position. You get great coaching, have some great game experience, go to the combine with lots of tread still on the tires.

They've put a few in the league.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 339 ✭✭✭ Junior

Read the thread. Their chatter is the product of the realization that if they can't recruit in Georgia, they are sentenced to mediocrity. Its been obvious since the 70's that Auburn, S. Carolina and Clemson could not be competitive were it not for they players they pulled from the State of Georgia. While it will never be "over" for them, Coach Kirby Smart has begun to limit the damage by taking most of the cream off the top. Plus, it is hard to take seriously from a school that rented the Newton project for a verified payment to his Dad's church. Mark Richt at the time said it was his understanding if the parents were guilty, the kid was too. Let 'em talk, they are only helping us.

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

Johnson was a banged-up 2nd round pick. Pettway was an UDFA and is now playing Arena Football. Payne went in the 5th round to the Panthers in 2015. Mason went in the 3rd round in 2014. Tate went in the 2nd round in 2010.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

@PharmDawg2054 said:

If they knew what was good for them they'd get back to the Ronnie Brown/Cadilac Williams days

UGA has some seriously lean years at RB between the Moreno and Gurley years, but now I don't see UGA ever not having at least 1 5-star RB at all times. Right now I am pretty certain Swift will be a top RB pick in the draft. Holyfield will probably be a late round pick. Zeus and Cook will likely be high draft picks. Just got Emory...probably get 2 more in 2020. How the times have changed.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the default accusation when schools are performing way above expectations. We gotta just get used to it. Haha.

• donmdonm Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    This is the default accusation when schools are performing way above expectations. We gotta just get used to it. Haha.

Much better than being in a place where people say. "they better start paying players or they'll keep losing".