Why UGA is a "zero school" for Christian Tutt and why that is a good thing

JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

I'm thankful for Mr. Tutt. He and I engaged in a highly-original conversation about his decision on Sunday.

That came on a day when I spoke to more than 30 prospects. I was most grateful for our discussion.

Tagged:

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

0. I like it!! I hope there's no one, as long as he is still searching. that can go 00.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

@donm Good one, sir.

Anyone who reads that over breakfast cereal will launch that milk out their nostrils like the new bleacher water cannons at SunTrust Park.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure how that happened. Sorry if it offended. Didn't mean for it to be so large and so bold and so....annoying?

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

Didn't offend at all. Thought it was funny, sir.

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 319 ✭✭✭ Junior

According to an article on 247 Tutt is deciding between Bama and FSU. What gives with the contradicting info?

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNut said:
    According to an article on 247 Tutt is deciding between Bama and FSU. What gives with the contradicting info?

I think that is why you can't rely so heavily on 247 for information. Jeff gets up close and personal with a bit of a homer perspective. IMO, 247 is just about making the money. They provide some good info, but they miss on it too.

• LawDawgLawDawg Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2017

@JeffSentell said:
    I try to cover these young men as people. Not talking heads that I'm only there to learn whether or not they like this school or that school from.

The job would be kind of a mindless "Groundhog Day" if I made that the sole reason for talking to these guys.

And for those reasons, I rely on your information. I do not rely on others! And I deliberately am using the term "rely."

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    I try to cover these young men as people. Not talking heads that I'm only there to learn whether or not they like this school or that school from.

The job would be kind of a mindless "Groundhog Day" if I made that the sole reason for talking to these guys.

One reason I like your stories Jeff is that you don't write in a way that tears down. You don't use words and phrases that assign motivations to kids and coaches that are not there. You let us see the humanity of these guys. They are not video game characters but real human beings.

• kenb1kenb1 Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

yeah, coach get the 00 jersey ready for tutt, we need him

• gregoryrowleygregoryrowley Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Not sure how that happened. But I think that this is fake news. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tutt would have been the 21 ranked recruit that Georgia would have had. Ahead of him is Wilson, Joseph, and Campbell and Smith is right below him. I'm not sad.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    Weird how this showed up in the active discussion queue today. Mr. Tutt, if I recall, was the nation's No. 1 cornerback prospect in February of 2016. Not sure if he still had a committable UGA offer by April of 2017.

That shows a lot about how an evaluation can change over the course of a year with young players who do not change physically during their junior and senior years.

Tutt wound up as the nation's No. 28 CB prospect for 2018. Signed with Auburn.

Hahahaha. I was so confused at first. I didn’t catch the date until you mentioned it.

• BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@gregoryrowley said:
    Not sure how that happened. But I think that this is fake news. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I nominate this gem for local crap post of the week

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was definitely a fun walk down memory lane