Tua

KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate this kid. He’s going into that tim tebow territory for me where the networks just gas him up so much and his smirking face irks me to no end. And now he’s milking this late hit. Ugh

Disclaimer: this is sports hate, not real hate.

Comments

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Hate this kid. He’s going into that tim tebow territory for me where the networks just gas him up so much and his smirking face irks me to no end. And now he’s milking this late hit. Ugh

Disclaimer: this is sports hate, not real hate.

Interesting that h a t e is not banned. Whodathunkit

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He’s getting his ass kicked so far, though he has thrown a TD.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Louisville can’t win maybe they can beat the tar out of him. Let’s see how he handles more than one half of football

• zekeMeisterzekeMeister Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm going all out in my disdain: I refuse to even try to pronounce his name correctly.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The TD was a prayer-- was saved by receiver. DB didn't turn around.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tebow will always be number one for me. Phillip, Steven, and urby are right behind for dislike.

Tua can freaking play, but he is quickly moving up the dislike rank.

• StatDawgStatDawg Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

It looks like he got his bell rung pretty good...Concussion protocol?

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The touchdown throw was another play where he seemed to throw the ball up for grabs, sooner or later that’s going to end up costing him a big interception

Tebow is all time, but if they keep slurping Tua’s cash and prizes I’m going to barf. Imagining a Monty Rice de-cleater on him that makes him rethink football

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭ Junior

That late hit call was bs imo.

Ooh I’m gonna love tua is mad face. Even though the refs bailed him out again

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 1

Wonder if hurts would have fumbled the ball

Edit - looks like he was down

Tua has been reckless with the ball.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 332 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama getting out played right now. 1st drive looked good but since then not so much.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 1

Tuna does seem like a gunslinger. They make big plays and, at times, they pay for their hutspa. Brett Farve type results. Lots of td’s and a good # of int’s.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's going to be a Heisman finalist if not the winner. He makes the ordinary look spectacular and sprinkled in some genuinely good plays. The offense looks like a big play machine when he is in there. He's going to be a thorn in our side for the next two seasons.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

EVERY QB on Bama’s offense will look great and win a ton of games. Lambert could have taken Bama into the playoffs.

@GrayDawg said:
    He's going to be a Heisman finalist if not the winner. He makes the ordinary look spectacular and sprinkled in some genuinely good plays. The offense looks like a big play machine when he is in there. He's going to be a thorn in our side for the next two seasons.

Maybe. Let’s see what happens. It’s a long season and when he plays a legit D he’s gonna get hit and it’s gonna hurt

• ClemTownClemTown Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Louisville is horrendous. Hard to say a lot from last night. Everyone will point to the second half against Georgia last year, but that's the key...it was a HALF

@Kasey said:

@GrayDawg said:

Maybe. Let’s see what happens. It’s a long season and when he plays a legit D he’s gonna get hit and it’s gonna hurt

Point taken, but he has made the most of his opportunities so far.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s a big lad. He can take some hits.

@GrayDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@GrayDawg said:

Point taken, but he has made the most of his opportunities so far.

No doubt. 50% of this is straight hating. 50% wants me to see him do it when there’s tape on him playing a real defense

@ClemTown said:
    Louisville is horrendous. Hard to say a lot from last night. Everyone will point to the second half against Georgia last year, but that's the key...it was a HALF

True, but Hurts made the Loisville defense look half way decent to the point the announcers were having pity on him. Tua made their defense look like trash. I think there is something to that.

@GrayDawg said:

@ClemTown said:

True, but Hurts made the Loisville defense look half way decent to the point the announcers were having pity on him. Tua made their defense look like trash. I think there is something to that.

Gunslingers are unpredictable. You live by the gunslinger...you die by the gunslinger.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 72 ✭✭ Sophomore

For me I don’t hold it against Tua or any player...it’s just overall Bama fatigue driven by the national media. I live in AL so I can NEVER get away from it. But hey...as they keep winning, what do you expect.

@JayDog said:

@GrayDawg said:

@ClemTown said:

Gunslingers are unpredictable. You live by the gunslinger...you die by the gunslinger.

True. Hopefully they die if/when we meet them in the SEC Championship.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm gonna wait a few more games to determine if Tua really is a great QB. Louisville was never good IMO. Alabama putting a thrashing on Louisville was nothing more than a scrim game IMO. If he slings the ball consistently and makes this throws, then I'd be worried about Alabama in the SEC CG.

• ShulaShula Posts: 342 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yea Tua is special and your biased if you think otherwise.

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 396 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's good no doubt, but he has made some lucky throws also, for instance their first TD was not a good throw at all, the defender never looked back and the WR took a few steps to his right and made it look easy

• cd1044cd1044 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DawgsofWar said:
    I'm gonna wait a few more games to determine if Tua really is a great QB. Louisville was never good IMO. Alabama putting a thrashing on Louisville was nothing more than a scrim game IMO. If he slings the ball consistently and makes this throws, then I'd be worried about Alabama in the SEC CG.

Louisville’s secondary is straight up awful and lacks speed