“Put the Dawg House on it”

CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For you folks who like to spice the games up, what are some games you are looking into dropping a few dawg bones on this weekend ?

(*I always stay away from betting UGA, rather enjoy the thumping without worrying about covering)

So far I’ve got Oklahoma to cover

Comments

• orlandoorlando Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Couple of Pac-12 games Huskies -6.5
    ASU -5.5

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Syracuse getting 3.5 at home against Florida state should be taking candy from a baby

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Syracuse getting 3.5 at home against Florida state should be taking candy from a baby

Can’t trust either team here - “don’t take candy from strangers”

@orlando said:
    Couple of Pac-12 games Huskies -6.5
    ASU -5.5

Took ASU last week, might roll with them again.

• RockSpringDawgRockSpringDawg Posts: 173 ✭✭✭ Junior

Give the 9.5 and take Auburn to embarrass LSU

@RockSpringDawg said:
    Give the 9.5 and take Auburn to embarrass LSU

I’m pulling for the upset here, anything to upset the Gus buss. That being said, at Auburn makes this worth looking at.

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Washington -6.5 vs Utah looks good to me. I'd also take OSU -13.5 over TCU

@orlando @Acrum21

Just read this on the Huskies (gave me some pause due to the o line issues at UW)

Washington at Utah
    Line: Washington -6.5 (total: 47.5)
    Record ATS: Washington 0-1, Utah 1-0
    Trends: The Utes aren’t the home-dog lock you might expect, with a handful of recent losses in that role. They did, however, cover a 10-point spread against UW in 2016.
    Comment: The past two duels have been terrific, with Washington surviving a showdown of ranked teams two years ago on Dante Pettis’ punt return, then scoring 10 points in the final minute to stun the Utes last November. Add a psychological edge to UW’s side of the ledger. Huskies win, but Utah covers.
    Pick: Utah

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @orlando @Acrum21

Just read this on the Huskies (gave me some pause due to the o line issues at UW)

Washington at Utah
    Trends: The Utes aren’t the home-dog lock you might expect, with a handful of recent losses in that role. They did, however, cover a 10-point spread against UW in 2016.
    Comment: The past two duels have been terrific, with Washington surviving a showdown of ranked teams two years ago on Dante Pettis’ punt return, then scoring 10 points in the final minute to stun the Utes last November. Add a psychological edge to UW’s side of the ledger. Huskies win, but Utah covers.

They played AU better than I imagined. They played pretty darn physical. Week 2 oil up vs N. Dakota probably got some youngin's in there and stayed fresh. I see Washington going in and trying to make a statement to the rest of the PAC12

@Acrum21 said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @orlando @Acrum21

Washington at Utah

They played AU better than I imagined. They played pretty darn physical. Week 2 oil up vs N. Dakota probably got some youngin's in there and stayed fresh. I see Washington going in and trying to make a statement to the rest of the PAC12

I can see that, I will wait and see how the money flow is early in the day, and possibly jump on this later.

I see all y’all thinking Washington, but I like Utah in this spot to cover and keep it close.

Also Georgia Southern can probably handle that number against Clemson with th style of offense they have

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish I knew enough about gambling to drop some bones. I wouldn’t even know who to place my bet with. I have heard the paid advertising on BA’s podcast, but I should just hand over my money because of my lack of knowledge

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LSU covers

• RockSpringDawgRockSpringDawg Posts: 173 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BullyDawg said:
    LSU covers

Not with that horrible defense & O-Line

LSU covers looked good last week.

I wound up going OK, Bama, USC , UM all first half, OK total game (L)

@Kasey hope you got on that Syracuse pick

Anyone got some feelings on any for this weekend ?

• moosmoos Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 20

If I were to bet, this is where I'd start my analysis:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/20/17878870/college-football-picks-week-4-2018-predictions-odds-spreads

Note that Connolly, a Mizzou fan, picks us to cover.

Sure did. Some teams in riding are Syracuse, whoever is playing Florida state, And Bama until they give me reason not to

I also like reigning national champions UCF this weekend and the alma mater of my spring fling Pam...wake forest to cover

• UGAJ0EUGAJ0E Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn are looking good to cover to me and in that order. Florida is a 4.5 point favorite to Tennessee and I just dont see the vols scoring points. I think Kentucky beats MSU straight up so giving them 9.5 is just icing on the cake. Auburn is going to run Arkansas out of the building after losing to LSU. They'll cover the 30.

• tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 20

This is what I like this week. Take it for what it’s worth.
    Dawgs -14 1/2
    Wazzu +4.5
    Indiana +3 1/2
    Minnesota +1 1/2
    Pitt -4 1/2
    Ohio $tate -34 1/2
    Clemson -15 1/2
    Stanford +1 1/2
    West Virginia -14
    Oklahoma State -11 1/2 and OVER 78 1/2
    North Texas -14

Bonus - definitely risky: Texas A&M (+27); Virginia (-4 1/2); and Louisiana Tech (+21 1/2)

• cory430cory430 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like TAMU to cover

Clemson and USCjr to cover

-16 Clemson. -2.5 sc

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

North Texas -13 @ Liberty
    Clemson -16.5 @ the North Ave Trade School

Dawgs -14.5

• DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 - Mean Green gonna give us a pay day?

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A&M easily covers

• sauceddawgsauceddawg Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wazzu covers

• orlandoorlando Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Va Tech
    TCU

@DirtDawg said:
    @tiger_62082 - Mean Green gonna give us a pay day?

I think they win by at least 3 TDs