History of the White Jersey for LSU at Home

BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listening to the replay of the podcast and @SavageDawg17 was talking about what color would LSU wear on Saturday.

LSU wears Purple for Non-Conference Home Games and White for Conference Home Games. There was a period of time in the 90's when the NCAA would not let them wear white at home.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/lsu-home-whites-great-college-football-tradition/

Comments

  • amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    So, will we be wearing our red jerseys? I would think so, but not sure.

  • JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @amjadawgs said:
    So, will we be wearing our red jerseys? I would think so, but not sure.

    90% sure. UGA wore red in 2008, the last time we traveled to Baton Rouge.

  • UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JoelSidneyKelly said:

    @amjadawgs said:
    So, will we be wearing our red jerseys? I would think so, but not sure.

    90% sure. UGA wore red in 2008, the last time we traveled to Baton Rouge.

    We did.

  • josh31533josh31533 Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ Junior

    We would have to wear our red jersey, unless we were to wear the black jerseys, HIGHLY unlikely for a road game. Since the NCAA allows LSU to wear white at home, and NO WAY the NCAA lets both teams wear white. (wouldn’t want to if we could, both teams would surely set all time INT’s record).

  • JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @josh31533 said:
    We would have to wear our red jersey, unless we were to wear the black jerseys, HIGHLY unlikely for a road game. Since the NCAA allows LSU to wear white at home, and NO WAY the NCAA lets both teams wear white. (wouldn’t want to if we could, both teams would surely set all time INT’s record).

    Of course, we could don the red pants....

  • orlandoorlando Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Sure dawgs will be in red but man I love that white jersey,one of the best looking unis in cfb.

  • LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭ Junior

    This was an interesting read. Didn’t know (but wasn’t surprised at) the NCAA rules around the jersey color. I actually prefer the Dawgs’ red jerseys over the white ones.

  • DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I LOVE or white jerseys, but imo they would look even better if we wore black pants or actually shiny silver britches with them.

    I have no clue why our road pants are not a nice shiny medium silver with a black center stripe in between 2 red stripes (that way they would match our numbers on our jerseys)

    That would look phenomenal imo

  • DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior

    Come on ladies...are we really that worried about what we wear to the game?

  • BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Call this guy, he knows for sure....

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpRXZGbV4AElOTh?format=jpg

  • imissmunsonimissmunson Posts: 60 ✭✭ Sophomore

    @DaWGfan01 said:
    I LOVE or white jerseys, but imo they would look even better if we wore black pants or actually shiny silver britches with them.

    I have no clue why our road pants are not a nice shiny medium silver with a black center stripe in between 2 red stripes (that way they would match our numbers on our jerseys)

    That would look phenomenal imo

    There was an article about this a few years ago. Nike was trying, but couldn’t get them shiny with the fabric, or something to that effect.

Sign In or Register to comment.