Taking over Death Valley, aka “Dawg Valley”

Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

So they are saying demand for the LSU game is higher than the ND game last year where we had 1/3 (at least) of the stadium. What’s the chances it’s even somewhat similar to last years ND game as far as surprising them with our fans? I was in the LSU board and it sounds like they don’t believe we will effect the stadium much. What’s the chances we turn Death Valley into Dawg Valley?

Wish I could be there and we talked about going but I get to be in “beautiful” Pittsburgh for business.

Comments

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Slim to none. This is a real sec team and can’t imagine dawg nation completely taking over like we did at Notre Dame

  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @Kasey said:
    Slim to none. This is a real sec team and can’t imagine dawg nation completely taking over like we did at Notre Dame

    Maybe so. I feel the average UGA fan has a bit more disposable income than many of these schools (not just grads but the metro Atlanta fan base). A large amount of fans that attend LSU are good country people but aren’t grads and work rural/lower paying jobs. The temptation for a hefty return on their ticket might persuade a few realistic fans to watch it on TV with some cash in their pockets.

  • dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 10

    I will say though at one point LSU hadn’t sold all the UGA tickets on their own website back in the summer and from my understanding many Georgia fans ate those tickets up. I also heard there were a lot put up for sale on other sites and Dawgs fan were getting them early on. Before LSU showed how good they were this year. Remember LSU was suppose to be average at best. And coach o was on a little hot seat with some fans.

  • MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    It'lll be a different game if that Death Valley feel just doesn't seem to have the same effect.

  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @dbrown7494 said:
    I will say though at one point LSU hadn’t sold all the UGA tickets on their own website back in the summer and from my understanding many Georgia fans ate those tickets up. I also heard there were a lot put up for sale on other sites and Dawgs fan were getting them early on. Before LSU showed how good they were this year. Remember LSU was suppose to be average at best. And coach o was on a little hot seat with some fans.

    Lots of people are going. The charter bus people are also saying demand is higher for their fan buses going from NO to Baton Rouge than the buses they had last year going from Chicago to South Bend. Not sure if that correlates but I doubt people are traveling to NO only to pay to travel again to Baton Rouge only to watch outside the stadium or at a bar....they could save the money and do that in NO.

  • cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    I'm going and hope that there is plenty of red in the stadium... I dont think it will be like it was at ND last year but i do think that it will be significantly more than the allotted tix uga had to sell

  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @cf_ugaman said:
    I'm going and hope that there is plenty of red in the stadium... I dont think it will be like it was at ND last year but i do think that it will be significantly more than the allotted tix uga had to sell

    I believe it’s far fetched to believe it will be anywhere close to ND....but I do want those Cajuns to take a step back in disbelief when they enter the field or walk into the stadium.

  • RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 60 ✭ Freshman

    @Raiderbeater1 said:

    @Kasey said:
    Slim to none. This is a real sec team and can’t imagine dawg nation completely taking over like we did at Notre Dame

    Maybe so. I feel the average UGA fan has a bit more disposable income than many of these schools (not just grads but the metro Atlanta fan base). A large amount of fans that attend LSU are good country people but aren’t grads and work rural/lower paying jobs. The temptation for a hefty return on their ticket might persuade a few realistic fans to watch it on TV with some cash in their pockets.

    I would tend to agree. On average, I would guess the average Dawg fan (particularly those that live in ATL) are wealthier than the averagel LSU fans in BR or NO. However, their fan base (like my in-laws) are as rabid as they come. Will money talk and $400-500 per ticket persuade them otherwise? Who knows. But no way this will be like ND....that was embarrassing for that “storied” program

  • dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Had to get the tickets early, but still tough ticket to get even if LSWho was playing poorly.

    Laughable about poor rural cajuns not having money and the ATL peeps being so wealthy......them poor old Duck Dynasty cajuns types surely are poor, and the oil and gas workers don't make good money, not to mention all the graduates of LSU school of medicine....

  • PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Ridiculous statement about money.

  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @dawgnms said:
    Had to get the tickets early, but still tough ticket to get even if LSWho was playing poorly.

    Laughable about poor rural cajuns not having money and the ATL peeps being so wealthy......them poor old Duck Dynasty cajuns types surely are poor, and the oil and gas workers don't make good money, not to mention all the graduates of LSU school of medicine....

    I think there was a study done. It took into account surrounding fan bases with that went to games (not just graduates). UGA came out on or near the top based on Atlanta being so close and having higher paying jobs than other metro areas in the SEC. Its not a laughable conclusion. The random Metro Atlanta fan going to a UGA game would have easier access to higher paying jobs in his area than in Starkville, Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Columbia Mo/SC, and even Knoxville, Gainesville, etc. if I can dig it up I’ll try. Just plop 50,000 random schools fans in each area, let them get jobs, then see who has a higher average income.

  • madddashmadddash Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

    I’ll be there dressed in red and black! Go Dawgs!!!

  • enrique_murillo83enrique_murillo83 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

    @Kasey said:
    Slim to none. This is a real sec team and can’t imagine dawg nation completely taking over like we did at Notre Dame

    I have to agree with Raiderbeater1 on this one on their very first comment. The demand is very high for this game. DawgNation is the best fan base in ALL of college football and we are still very hungry. This LSU game is a statement game of where the Dawgs actually stand. This game also means that we may (probably not likely) get some support from the media if we come out and demolish the Tigahs (in my best cookie monster impression A.K.A Coach O). But getting back on the topic, you'll be surprised when the stadium is filled with more than 20,000 screaming Dawg fans. I predict about 30,000-40,000 will be able to buy a ticket from season ticket holders who will take the cash and watch the game from home. It's very tempting for them and some will be looking to cash in the opportunity. Go Dawgs and make it 7-0!

Sign In or Register to comment.