LSU more confident about beating UGA than UF!?!?

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

There fans are a little delusional if you ask me but i maybe wrong.
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/im-more-confident-about-this-game-than-i-was-for-florida/79341181/
I think UGA will be ready to play

Comments

• Sparky_DAWGSparky_DAWG Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love the DB comparison to Auburn! And I hope the LSU players feel like their fans, delusional...

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hahaha the best part is our secondary worse than floridas and on par with auburn....

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just execute, sticks and stones.

Please yes, let Burrow throw it 40 times, hell, why not 50 times ?

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I Screenshot some of that. KInd of funny to see them say, “they haven’t played anybody” So they beat Auburn whom is lacking a lot . Beat Miami who is well, Miami. I’m just saying it goes both ways. I’m not cocky but I’m comfy in our teams abilities. If they put it all together this game should be a win by 14-17 .

• RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 60 ✭✭ Sophomore

Meh, hard to get worked up about a LSU homer who hopes/expects a home team win. I’ve got no problems with it. Don’t agree with it, but I get it....

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

@WCDawg said:

I would prefer that as well. My blood pressure shoots up when teams run between the tackles on the Dawgs this season.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 469 ✭✭✭ Junior

The site is called Tiger droppings....you can’t say you weren’t warned.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love the notion of us losing a lot from secondary. Reminds me of something Mike Lombardi says...

“We’re a couple injuries away from having a really great team!”

Guys like Aaron Davis, Dom Sanders, and Malkom Parrish are all DGDs but the guys who replaced them all have higher capabilities

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you switch over to the “score prediction” thread, seems to be a good number picking the Dawgs to win.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/13-lsu-vs---2-georgia-score-predictions/79339602/

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 213 ✭✭✭ Junior

@mattmd2 said:
    If you switch over to the “score prediction” thread, seems to be a good number picking the Dawgs to win.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/13-lsu-vs---2-georgia-score-predictions/79339602/

I saw that too,

@mattmd2 said:

Going to the game with a bunch of rabid LSU in-laws. They’re great, great fans. While they’re hopeful of a LSU win, most seem realistic for a competitive but eventual close loss to our Dawgs. First time ever to Death Valley...excited!

@Bulldawg90 said:

@WCDawg said:

I would prefer that as well. My blood pressure shoots up when teams run between the tackles on the Dawgs this season.

Also Burrow hasn't exactly lit up a scoreboard this season.

• WildDawgWildDawg Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

Haha, I literally laughed at the obvious naivete about our secondary. We may have the best secondary in CFB that no one knows about apparently (thanks ESPN). We've already played receivers better than any they have and shut them completely down...ask Deebo Samuel if he knows who Deandre Baker is! Lol

If the Tiggers are going to get anything they'll have to do it on the ground. They aren't going to have success throwing it, whether we have a pass rush or not. I hope LSU is as confident as their fans that they can throw on the Dawgs, but I'm sure their coaches have watched the film and know better. I mean doesn't it say something about our secondary when we have the fewest sacks in the SEC but the best pass defense efficiency and total in the SEC?

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What I don't get is a few posters believe since they lost to Florida it was a wake up call and now they will beat UGA because of it? Lol

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What I also think is funny, is they are more optimistic than Georgia fans are.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

I would prefer about 20-25. If he throws it 50 that is too many plays in total. Let's shoot for 10 drives with 7 being 3 and out and 2 trips to the red zone both ending in FG

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Most interesting story line imo is the two best CBs in the country will share the same field. Who contributes more to their team’s win will be fun to watch. Expect Greedy Williams to shadow Godwin or Hardman. Does Baker shadow Jefferson across field like he did with Deebo?

These are two first rounders, believe they’ll be out to prove who’s the best.

And two potential top corners down the road (from the 17’ class)

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU hasn't been relevant since 2011? I think people are seriously romanticizing their prowess. They recruit pretty OK, but still below our standards and they haven't had an offense in a generation. Let's not act like they are some giant of college football anymore. Here's their record the last several years. Lots of home losses in the mix as well.

2017 - 9-4
    2016 - 8-4
    2015 - 9-3
    2014 - 8-5
    2013 - 10-3
    2012 - 10-3
    2011 - 13-1

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 238 ✭✭✭ Junior

@RedBlackDawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

Going to the game with a bunch of rabid LSU in-laws. They’re great, great fans. While they’re hopeful of a LSU win, most seem realistic for a competitive but eventual close loss to our Dawgs. First time ever to Death Valley...excited!

Wear a hardhat and watch out for zip lock bags filled with pee being hurled your way.

• donmdonm Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

Wear a hardhat and watch out for zip lock bags filled with pee being hurled your way.

you are serious, right?

@BiffLowman said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

Is that from personal experience? Geez, now you’re scaring me. I’ll be sitting with LSU in-laws, hopefully will find some cover :)

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 11

Put enough pressure on Burrows, and we win. LSU's offensive line is banged up and their defensive line lacks serious depth. Lack of depth on their defensive line will pay dividends for us in the 4th qtr. as they get worn down.

Grantham, as bumbling as he is sometimes, had a great gameplan for LSU. Pressure, pressure, and more pressure. Tucker and Kirby need to cut loose with the blitzes this week.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@BiffLowman said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

you are serious, right?

The ziplock bags and balloons filled with urine is absolutely accurate, at least historically. Not sure if it still happens or not.

• dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not buying the hype. I think the crowd keeps them in it and feeling good until the buzz wears off and we choke them out in the 2nd half. Same as the other games this season. I agree it'll be a tough, super physical game. They just don't have the horses we do across the board.

I'm guessing they'll run on us a good bit at first, we'll play vanilla defense with a man coverage scheme for the most part and wait on burrows to do something that warrants a scheme change. This feels like the media trying to pump the excitement to me. Kind of the same way they keep ignoring the shoddy Bama defense and proclaiming them kings of the world

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 238 ✭✭✭ Junior

@RedBlackDawg said:

@BiffLowman said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

@mattmd2 said:

Is that from personal experience? Geez, now you’re scaring me. I’ll be sitting with LSU in-laws, hopefully will find some cover :)

Yes. It was one of the few times that I was ready and willing to take an arrest. I didn't have to.

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 456 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's because they are at home against us instead of going to Gainesville. Simple as that. Nothing else needs to be added. Opposing SEC teams who's close on our level are going to trash talk us.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 71 ✭✭ Sophomore

@WCDawg said:
    Just execute, sticks and stones.

South Cackalacka fans were sure the **** were going to destroy us. Look what happened.

• RockSpringDawgRockSpringDawg Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

A few of these type of threads are popping up over there.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/why-we-win-saturday/79389307/

In this one, one LSWho fan claims they have the advantage in the intangibles, including at QB & kicker.