CKS vs West teams on the road

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

0-2 and both were blow outs. Not trying to push negative thoughts into everyone, but is this a concern heading into Baton Rouge this week?

Comments

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can pull creative numbers out my rear end as well. Especially if I only need to find 2 instances of anything.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ole Miss in 16 and AU 1 last year....you can’t step in the same river twice.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:
    0-2 and both were blow outs. Not trying to push negative thoughts into everyone, but is this a concern heading into Baton Rouge this week?

C'mon, BW. What are you saying? Kirby is geographically challenged? Is there a term for the phobia - fear of SEC west teams? Do you think in CKS' mind it's a **** on his back. I'd say he's concerned about the same amount he's been every week - concerned about playing their very best. Other stuff is just a distraction and one of those "Did you know" oddities of history.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wouldn’t consider anything in ‘16 as relevant. The comparison to going to Auburn is a little worrisome only because this team has yet to be really tested and the similarities are there. But I also think we’ve got enough returning guys who used Auburn as a lesson. Hopefully the leaders keep the young guys composed.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@brentwilson said:

C'mon, BW. What are you saying? Kirby is geographically challenged? Is there a term for the phobia - fear of SEC west teams? Do you think in CKS' mind it's a **** on his back. I'd say he's concerned about the same amount he's been every week - concerned about playing their very best. Other stuff is just a distraction and one of those "Did you know" oddities of history.

I'm not saying Kirby is concerned about it, and clearly he's not fearing the SEC west because he is 2-2. I am some what superstitious and can't over look these things.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

• RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, agree with most of the posters here. Can’t compare the ‘16 Dawgs to the present one...

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RedBlackDawg said:
    Yeah, agree with most of the posters here. Can’t compare the ‘16 Dawgs to the present one...

That is definitely true, but I think we were still more talented than Ole Miss that year.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

@RedBlackDawg said:

That is definitely true, but I think we were still more talented than Ole Miss that year.

They were still playing Juwan Briscoe at DB. Noon game and hot as hell. Their QB was experienced and ours was going on the road for the first time (if I’m not mistaken).

This isn’t apples and oranges. It’s apples and grizzly bears

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

About as small of sample size as you can find. So not really anything to worry about. I’m more worried about playing fast, physical and mistake free football.

• finesse92finesse92 Posts: 29 ✭ Freshman

Is that a fair question to ask, brentwilson? If you watch football, it's probably not a fair question.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No worries he will be1-2 on the SEC West road after Saturday

• kelly_bkelly_b Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@brentwilson said:

No. A sample size of 2 a conclusion does not make.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How about Kirby’s record playing against LSU in BR? I think he has won there, even though he wasn’t the HC.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I ignore 2016, for a variety of reasons. Last year’s Auburn team was very good, that stadium was juiced. Georgia wasn’t winning that game, see the Bama result a few weeks later. Three years in, with a tough opponent on the road, I think the game will be hard fought, but UGA will win.