Who is the X factor for UGA vs LSU???

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 338 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who is the X factor for UGA vs LSU?
I know I have been critical of him lately, but I would have to say Jake Fromm is UGA's X factor, he is still being over looked.
Fromm has been in big games before and won them. He is one of the best at reading D's and getting the O in the right play. I feel like he is not given enough credit. I feel confident with him at the helm.
Fromm will show why this is his team and why he is still "the guy".

Who do you all think is the X factor?

Comments

• CatfishCatfish Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ridley

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Got to agree with ya Fromm is the X Factor going into one of the most toughest, hostile environments he will ever play in. He has to take the lead and make this a defining game for him and the team.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 304 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 11

Probably Fromm and/or the LSU QB. Whichever has the fewest mistakes.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 11

@PlayHurt said:

Speaking of mistakes, I hope it doesn't turn out to be some random zebra making another horrendous call against the Dawgs at some crucial moment in the game.

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭ Junior

Since you used the term X factor that makes me think of someone who wouldn't necessarily have the ball in their hand pretty much every offensive play. For that reason I think it's Mecole Hardman, he can effect a game in so many ways and he's tough to match up against.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Issac Nauta. Devin White is going to do what he can to stifle the run. As he’s crashing down, could leave decent void in middle of seam. Breakout game for Nauta. 5 catches, 75 yards, and a TD.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Against an LSU defense we have to be fairly happy if Fromm throws for anything above 60% completion and has 1 or less turnovers. I truly believe he will do better than that, but that is the caliber secondary we will be playing against while there are a couple of injuries on the offensive line all while playing in a hostile environment

My predictions for jake is that he goes 15 for 23 with 175 yards on 3 touchdowns with 1 interception.

X factor on offense though will be Jake as he leads the team in confidence and reading the defense

X factor on defense... give me Tyler Clark

• DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 371 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really get tired of hearing about how tough it is to play in Death Valley or anywhere else for that matter. Didn't Troy go in there last year and upset them. I definitely don't think the team will be overwhelmed by the atmosphere. And I think Swift will finally go off and be the X factor.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm gives Georgia it’s biggest edge, from learning through last year’s loss at Auburn, to bringing the DAWGS back in the Rose Bowl, Fromm IS EXACTLY what Georgia needs to win this game, & they will.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Fields/Holyfield combo will tough for LSU to stop. The threat of the QB keeper spreads the ILBs allowing Holyfield to break-out for 150yds

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 11

Define ''X factor'' , most important ? that is Fromm. The playmaker ? I'll go with Hardman, The player who is most likely to be disruptive ( my idea of X factor), that is D,Andre Walker in my opinion.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Define ''X factor'' , most important ? that is Fromm. The playmaker ? I'll go with Hardman, The player who is most likely to be disruptive ( my idea of X factor), that is D,Andre Walker in my opinion.

My thought on x factor is the most unexpected performance. Thus my candidate is Solomon Kindley who at the end of the Vanderbilt game I thought was done for the year. If the O-line controls the line of scrimmage. It is game over.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@oldon42 said:

@WCDawg said:

My thought on x factor is the most unexpected performance. Thus my candidate is Solomon Kindley who at the end of the Vanderbilt game I thought was done for the year. If the O-line controls the line of scrimmage. It is game over.

In that context it could be Swift if he's finally 100%. Remember he came into the season as a potential Heisman candidate, last week he looked like that player on his td play.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

Demetrius Robinson, Coach Kirby Smart said it the other day.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 245 ✭✭✭ Junior

Given that we are down two NGs, I think Jordan Davis is going to have to be our x factor or LSU will run all over us. It does concern me a little that he didn't even make the bus for USC or Mizzou, so his first road game will be at DV.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PlayHurt said:

It most certainly wont be the LSU QB. He's not on that level.

• DawginSCDawginSC Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@law_dawg35 said:
    Who is the X factor for UGA vs LSU?
    I know I have been critical of him lately, but I would have to say Jake Fromm is UGA's X factor, he is still being over looked.
    Fromm has been in big games before and won them. He is one of the best at reading D's and getting the O in the right play. I feel like he is not given enough credit. I feel confident with him at the helm.
    Fromm will show why this is his team and why he is still "the guy".

Who do you all think is the X factor?

I don't think Fromm is an x-factor because I think he's been exceptional all season. I expect him to perform well because he has all year. 72% completion, 10.5 yards per pass attempt, 12 TD to 2 INT.

X-factors are guys who have some doubt on how well they'll perform. Not sure things.

I view the X-factor as D'andre Swift. Frankly we haven't seen the Swift from last year that much this year... but I felt like we saw some signs of his return to form against Vandy. 7 rushes for 50 yards (7.1 YPC), 4 catches for 49 yards and a TD. THAT'S the Swift I remember seeing last year. And I think that now he seems to be returning to full health he'll ball out against LSU.

125 yards rushing, 75 yards receiving, multiple TD's.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just because his name hasn't been mentioned and he's so talented I have an outlier.

James Cook's talent is in breakout readiness!

For the record, I agree that Jake Fromm is a huge factor. This is his kind of game. It's his to win. The dude loves a big game and a big stage and is competitive as all get out. His comments quoted above are priceless. This is a huge team leader game for Jake.

I just can't say Fromm is an X factor. He's too integral to the team, too steady, and too obvious. Everybody should know he's going to have a good game; he almost always plays great. Playing well or very well is normal for him.

Go, Dawgs!

• klw74UGAklw74UGA Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

UGA's O-line is arguably the best in college football and LSU's front seven is not as dominant as they used to be in times past. They do have a star in ILB Devin White, but the big knock on him is he frequently has a hard time getting off blocks. If the O-line can regularly advance to the second level and engage linebackers, the running game could have a huge day.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 338 ✭✭✭ Junior

@klw74UGA said:
    UGA's O-line is arguably the best in college football and LSU's front seven is not as dominant as they used to be in times past. They do have a star in ILB Devin White, but the big knock on him is he frequently has a hard time getting off blocks. If the O-line can regularly advance to the second level and engage linebackers, the running game could have a huge day.

UGA will need a 200 yard type rushing game to win this game.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

X factor I think will be d-line... stop the run first

• amacdad101amacdad101 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Any of the edge rushers..make the QB run for his life! Go Dawgs!

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can’t believe I’m the first to say it but, Hot Rod. Kick offs, and possibly game winning field goal, maybe 55 yarder or something like that.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsince76 said:
    Can’t believe I’m the first to say it but, Hot Rod. Kick offs, and possibly game winning field goal, maybe 55 yarder or something like that.

The kick offs are definitely an advantage bc Rod has taken away any chance of a return. I highly doubt and hope we're not in a situation to kick a game winning field goal though.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jim Chaney...

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior

@benjaminwgregg said:
    Given that we are down two NGs, I think Jordan Davis is going to have to be our x factor or LSU will run all over us. It does concern me a little that he didn't even make the bus for USC or Mizzou, so his first road game will be at DV.

Was thinking the same. Big guy needs to step up huge and help control a pretty good LSU RB.

• RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DawgNut said:
    I really get tired of hearing about how tough it is to play in Death Valley or anywhere else for that matter. Didn't Troy go in there last year and upset them. I definitely don't think the team will be overwhelmed by the atmosphere. And I think Swift will finally go off and be the X factor.

@DawgNut said:

I really don’t think that the LSU players’ state of mind in that Troy game will be anything like what it will be for them Saturday. If you remember, there were all kinds of background stuff happening with their previous OC Canada not getting along with Orgeron. Plus their back is against the wall knowing if they lose this game, any hopes for a playoff is gone. Having said that, I think we are the better team but playing in that hostile environment, we eek out a close physical win

• ADDICTED2DAWGSADDICTED2DAWGS Posts: 102 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm gonna say the O line. Everything else will fall in place if we protect the quarterback