Fromm Vs. Fields....I stand corrected....

superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have been a strong believer that Fields gave us the best chance to win it all this year and going forward. After watching and re-watching the Vandy game, my opinion has changed. My outlook on Fields is still the same, everything you could ever want in a qb. BUT, Fromm is a bona fide STAR if Chaney/Smart will take reins off and allow the young man to do his thing. Go uptempo, allow Jake to keep the defense on its heels...we literally ran Vandy's D off the field in that last drive before halftime.

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’re all learning about the game. It’s cool you saw through the hype and figured something out on your own.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superdawg said:
    I have been a strong believer that Fields gave us the best chance to win it all this year and going forward. After watching and re-watching the Vandy game, my opinion has changed. My outlook on Fields is still the same, everything you could ever want in a qb. BUT, Fromm is a bona fide STAR if Chaney/Smart will take reins off and allow the young man to do his thing. Go uptempo, allow Jake to keep the defense on its heels...we literally ran Vandy's D off the field in that last drive before halftime.

@superdawg AWESOME ON YOU SIR!!! They are both GREAT, glad you have seen that there is some serious mental growing that is going on with QB Justin Fields in his pre-snap reads, and his own progressions of the various check downs, before simply having the urge to "take off" on what could place his health at risk in an open field hit to our 5 star freshman QB of the future. His upside is MASSIVE. Right now? The coaching staff is doing a great job bringing him along, but most importantly WINNING!!! BTW FWIW - there is a downside to uptempo (you own defense needs rest) The theory is, that is one of many reasons that leagues like the BIG-12 in particular have such high scoring affairs. They score SO QUICKLY that their OWN teammates on the defense do not get enough of a breather to be ready after a 2:00 minute (or less?) scoring drive. This is what CKS keeps referring to when he is saying "keep chopping" & also "we want to impose our will on the other team".... <--- in other words destroy the opponent one play at a time until sometime in the 4th quarter (hopefully sooner, maybe the 3rd quarter) they are simply exhausted & Georgia starts to just GASH the other teams for HUGE chunk plays... like what happened in the South Carolina game earlier this season. GO DAWGS!!!

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm just playing folks...GOTCHA...no one this board of never wrongs is going to publicly admit it

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 11

I love being able to agree with everybody who's already posted.

Fromm and Fields.

Fromm is the kind of game manager Alabama used to win big with + he passes very well indeed + the guy can run. Fortunately he's not had to run this year (unless I'm forgetting something), but he ran several times last year and looked very, very good doing so.

Fromm gets to take a break and watch his friend fill in for him, but he's not worried because it's all good for everybody.

We are extremely fortunate to have a coaching staff smart enough and driven enough and talented enough as recruiters and coaches to bring these two great talents, Fromm and Fields, to Athens, and maximize their potential. It's being done right before our eyes.

Probably at LSU's expense. Just saying...

Both From and Fields are just youngsters growing up as quarterbacks. Fromm seemed last season to be an incredibly mature freshman QB. This season we're in for a treat as the season goes on. He's grown since last year. He's a gamer. Fields, too, is coming along nicely thanks to a bunch of smart coaches; he's extremely fortunate to be able to watch what Fromm's doing.

It's a win win win from both guys and for Georgia fans.

Go, Dawgs!