Jadon Haselwood will be a DAWG again soon...

superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited October 31 in Football

Things are starting to trend back to the good guys....he's getting tired of the recruiting process and has always had strong feelings toward UGA...I believe he enjoyed the freedom of being uncommitted for a week or so, but still always saw UGA as a STRONG favorite....we would have to royally mess this up not to get Jadon back in the fold in my opinion..

Comments

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Muffingod said:

@superdawg said:
    Things are starting to trend back to the good guys....he's getting tired of the recruiting process and has always had strong feelings toward UGA...I believe he enjoyed the freedom of being uncommitted for a week or so, but still always saw UGA as a STRONG favorite....we would have to royally mess this up not to get Jaden back in the fold in my opinion..

Is this just opinion or do you have a source? Just curious is all, not looking to bash or anything like that. I’d love to have him join us

Just my opinion...I think his feeling for UGA are just to STRONG to go somewhere else because they throw the ball a few more times a game

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 136 ✭✭✭ Junior

@superdawg said:

@Muffingod said:

@superdawg said:
    Things are starting to trend back to the good guys....he's getting tired of the recruiting process and has always had strong feelings toward UGA...I believe he enjoyed the freedom of being uncommitted for a week or so, but still always saw UGA as a STRONG favorite....we would have to royally mess this up not to get Jaden back in the fold in my opinion..

Is this just opinion or do you have a source? Just curious is all, not looking to bash or anything like that. I’d love to have him join us

Just my opinion...I think his feeling for UGA are just to STRONG to go somewhere else because they throw the ball a few more times a game

I certainly hope you’re right!

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 271 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jaden has been flirting with Miami for a while. With the way Richt is handling the QB situation down there and the downward trend my guess is that Jadon is moving on from the Canes. OU and AU are still viable options for him.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If this guy decommitted from UGA because of some coaching decision controversy...Miami might not be the best choice. I don't care where he goes as long as it's not Bama. I think OU might be a good place since he seems to be really concerned about getting lots of yards.

I would be interested to see how many WRs the SEC has put in the NFL compared to the B12.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 31

Jadon is also a OK legacy for what it’s worth.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Jadon is also a OH legacy for what it’s worth.

With all the stuff still coming out about urban who knows what’s happening at that school though.

• ugadawgs07ugadawgs07 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think him changing his official visit to the last week is also good for us. Just before his all American game that he will make his decision at.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@pgjackson said:
    If this guy decommitted from UGA because of some coaching decision controversy...Miami might not be the best choice. I don't care where he goes as long as it's not Bama. I think OU might be a good place since he seems to be really concerned about getting lots of yards.

I would be interested to see how many WRs the SEC has put in the NFL compared to the B12.

This article doesn't answer your question but it's noteworthy and relevant.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/rankinfile/2016/10/12/six-of-the-top-10-nfl-receivers-in-receiving-yards-played-in-sec/91975532/

@judasdurant said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

With all the stuff still coming out about urban who knows what’s happening at that school though.

Sorry. This should of been OK as in Oklahoma.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 775 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think JH commits to OK.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@judasdurant said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Maybe we’ll see lincoln Riley too the Browns then

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superdawg said:

@Muffingod said:

@superdawg said:

I hope you are right but I find it helpful to not confuse my motivations with those of the recruit. Again, I strongly hope you are correct and I've seen no evidence, other than the decommit, that he's thinking of other schools.

@judasdurant said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@judasdurant said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

Maybe we’ll see lincoln Riley too the Browns then

I thought that too but I’ve read he told the Browns and Baker that was t happening.

• superdawgsuperdawg Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Polynikes said:

Nope...to far from home...I predict UGA goes on an offensive run over the next 5 weeks of putting up yards/points and that will make OK a non factor...Haselwood is still UGA's to lose

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 274 ✭✭✭ Junior

@superdawg said:
    Things are starting to trend back to the good guys....he's getting tired of the recruiting process and has always had strong feelings toward UGA...I believe he enjoyed the freedom of being uncommitted for a week or so, but still always saw UGA as a STRONG favorite....we would have to royally mess this up not to get Jadon back in the fold in my opinion..

If it was really just that...and he wants to be back...he never would have decommitted in the first place. I don't believe that he did it on a whim. I think it's much deeper than that.

• coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would love for us to have a WR with the speed, size, and talent that Haselwood has, but I have doubts that we’ll be able to sign him, or that we’ll throw him the ball enough to keep him happy if we do sign him. Given his statements about wanting to “see the ball in the air”, it seems like he is more of a Big 12 type receiver. I think he played on a 7 on 7 team with Bo Nix and George Pickens, so Auburn might get more consideration than they should. I think he could benefit from playing in our pro style offense and learning route running and blocking, but that might not be glamourous enough for a WR with his abilities.

@coastaldawg said:
    I would love for us to have a WR with the speed, size, and talent that Haselwood has, but I have doubts that we’ll be able to sign him, or that we’ll throw him the ball enough to keep him happy if we do sign him. Given his statements about wanting to “see the ball in the air”, it seems like he is more of a Big 12 type receiver. I think he played on a 7 on 7 team with Bo Nix and George Pickens, so Auburn might get more consideration than they should. I think he could benefit from playing in our pro style offense and learning route running and blocking, but that might not be glamourous enough for a WR with his abilities.

Auburn would be a poor choice. They average less passing yards than us.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@coastaldawg said:

Also who’s the last big WR to come out of there?

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think we have a better chance of bringing him back into the fold than we doe Emery

@Kasey said:

@pgjackson said:

@coastaldawg said:

Also who’s the last big WR to come out of there?

Good question. Plus, talk about a team that is dealing with coaching controversy and chaos....wow, Auburn is a mess. If he likes what he sees at Auburn, well then he can have it. We’ll be sure to waive at him on our way to the Mecerdez Dome every year.

• 12ed12ed Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Land thieves bound IMO
    Probably doesn't like how DRob's most likely gonna be here next year. Betting that might be "what's changed"

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:
    Land thieves bound IMO
    Probably doesn't like how DRob's most likely gonna be here next year. Betting that might be "what's changed"

Believe the same thing. I think DRob and one of either Mecole or Ridley return with Simmons and Hollomon already getting key spots then Blaylock, Blount, and the TE rotation all here as well.

But I do believe UGA has a great shot after the passing display Saturday. Then the last 3 games (AUB, UMASS, and GT) Fromm should throw a lot and Fields should see the field.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haselwood said he liked what he saw from our offense against UF. Funny, I don't recall Fields playing.

• 12ed12ed Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    Haselwood said he liked what he saw from our offense against UF. Funny, I don't recall Fields playing.

He lie

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@12ed said:
    Land thieves bound IMO

Believe the same thing. I think DRob and one of either Mecole or Ridley return with Simmons and Hollomon already getting key spots then Blaylock, Blount, and the TE rotation all here as well.

But I do believe UGA has a great shot after the passing display Saturday. Then the last 3 games (AUB, UMASS, and GT) Fromm should throw a lot and Fields should see the field.

I feel bad for Robertson, but clearly both Hardman and Holloman will get lots of work. Add Godwin, Ridley and Nauta, that is a pretty full rotation.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:

@superdawg said:

If it was really just that...and he wants to be back...he never would have decommitted in the first place. I don't believe that he did it on a whim. I think it's much deeper than that.

He was a long time commit. Maybe he wanted to have some fun with his recruitment and open it up (going off the OP’s theory). He’s worked hard to earn all the recognition he’s gotten, so maybe he wanted to get a little more attention. Nothing wrong with that, and understandable being a teenager.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 31

@Polynikes said:

Or somewhere other than UGA. Just a feeling. Body language of the Before The Hedges clip at 20:46 tells me he is not interested in UGA - also his wording - didn't watch the Fla game. I'm +/- curious as to what influenced the de-commitment.

I'm very pleased with Blaylock, and want George Pickens if possible.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mws--2IuHuk