Divaad Wilson cleared to play

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe too late into the season to give him playing time. Many thought he had the potential to start during spring practice before tearing his ACL. We'll see how this goes. At the very least, the more depth the better.

Comments

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Could see some time vs UMass and Gtech and still redshirt.

I could see that too.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 136 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’d rather he play against UMass than Tech, I think we’ll need more/better LB play for Tech

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bhamdawg said:
    He's been cleared, but is he in football shape? Don't need another Zeus incident. Let the kid pace thru drills and just chalk this year up as a chance to learn the playbook in depth.

With on you on getting him redshirted, but if he is as good as the reports were on him before the injury then focus him on returning for GT get his feet wet before we see Bama and what lies next.

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 369 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ThisDawg said:

@bhamdawg said:
    He's been cleared, but is he in football shape? Don't need another Zeus incident. Let the kid pace thru drills and just chalk this year up as a chance to learn the playbook in depth.

With on you on getting him redshirted, but if he is as good as the reports were on him before the injury then focus him on returning for GT get his feet wet before we see Bama and what lies next.

That would be great but those key 2 words ( Before Injury) but I think he have a bright future with us

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited November 7

Where was he getting his run before the injury? CB, Safety, Star?

Edit...nevermind. I just read that it's Star.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 271 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kasey said:
    If Kirby puts him on punt coverage and ruins coach @nycdawg 's half birthday THERE WILL BE HE'LL TO PAY!!!!!

:D ... was thinking the same thing.

Regarding Wilson being in shape. I do know he's been running drills in practice for quite a while. I wouldn't advise putting him in against AU, but rather wait for UMass. FWIW, I thought Mark Webb played well against Kentucky.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 395 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let him get a full week or two full go in practice. If he can handle the physicality of our practices he should be good to go in a game. I just wonder where he sits on the depth chart at this point.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think either play him the last 6 games or bench him for auburn and tech so he can redshort but still help us against bama or in the playoff

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@benjaminwgregg said:
    I think either play him the last 6 games or bench him for auburn and tech so he can redshort but still help us against bama or in the playoff

What last 6 games? Georgia has Auburn, UMASS, and GT left to play. Then it's Alabama. Georgia is most likely going to redshirt him. Only let him try and play 4 games.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DawgsofWar said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

What last 6 games? Georgia has Auburn, UMASS, and GT left to play. Then it's Alabama. Georgia is most likely going to redshirt him. Only let him try and play 4 games.

When we beat Bama and go to the playoffs and have a 5th and 6th game, we might want to be able to play Divaad without burning a redshirt.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

@benjaminwgregg said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

When we beat Bama and go to the playoffs and have a 5th and 6th game, we might want to be able to play Divaad without burning a redshirt.

If that happens I'm less concerned with his redshirt status. :)

• dawgwood82dawgwood82 Posts: 187 ✭✭✭ Junior

Play him against auburn....full contact practices for Umass and GaTech to work on any potential whiffs he has against the barn. Then he can still play against Bama and any potential games afterwards and retain red shirt, unless there's a clause regarding post season I'm not aware of

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 402 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@VaBeachDawg said:
    VERY interesting news with Divaad when you consider Bamas advantage at the WR position and smarts heeping praise of him in the spring. Kinda reminds me of a western movie where the good guys are pinned down and losing a gun fight. Just when all hope seems lost, a character from was earlier in the movie you forgot about in the heat of the moment come crashing through the burning barn door on his horse, guns a blazing. He catches everyone off guard and does just enough at critical moment in the battle to tip the balance in favor of sheriff smart and the boys. Now defeated, The outlaw “shorty” nick satan is promptly hung from the nearest tree.

I’ve seen that movie, Star Wars. It was Han Solo

• cory430cory430 Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

@benjaminwgregg said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@benjaminwgregg said:

LMAO, that's funny right there.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@VaBeachDawg said:
    VERY interesting news with Divaad when you consider Bamas advantage at the WR position and smarts heeping praise of him in the spring. Kinda reminds me of a western movie where the good guys are pinned down and losing a gun fight. Just when all hope seems lost, a character from was earlier in the movie you forgot about in the heat of the moment come crashing through the burning barn door on his horse, guns a blazing. He catches everyone off guard and does just enough at critical moment in the battle to tip the balance in favor of sheriff smart and the boys. Now defeated, The outlaw “shorty” nick satan is promptly hung from the nearest tree.

...or something like that.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

Really excited to see Divaad play. Could really be an X-factor in the secondary. Maybe even down the stretch of 2018.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 8

@JeffSentell said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

There are moments like this when I wonder if this board can adequately express our appreciation for the timely graphics you drop in here from time to time.

Kind of like a pass to the TE.

Does that mean there are a lot more coming?

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@JeffSentell said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@VaBeachDawg said:

There are moments like this when I wonder if this board can adequately express our appreciation for those timely graphics you drop in here from time to time.

Kind of like a pass to the TE.

Does that mean there are a lot more coming?

I'll hold up my end of the bargain.