Players who SHOULD be Playing More

hintonweston__hintonweston__ Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

Channing Tindall and Brenton Cox. Tyson Campbell needs help. I say we need to let Eric Stokes push Campbell to be better. Monty Rice has cemented that MIKE spot but Tindall would complement really well

Comments

• at2192at2192 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Wouldn’t mind Landers being given an opportunity or three in Red Zone.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@hintonweston__ said:
    Channing Tindall and Brenton Cox. Tyson Campbell needs help. I say we need to let Eric Stokes push Campbell to be better. Monty Rice has cemented that MIKE spot but Tindall would complement really well

Tindall and Cox will play more soon. I trust the reasons they are being brought along at the pace they are though.
    I'd rather have them prepared and confident than be thrown in before they are ready and risk stunting their development. Kirby specifically mentioned Tindall needs to gain confidence.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 271 ✭✭✭ Junior

@at2192 said:
    Wouldn’t mind Landers being given an opportunity or three in Red Zone.

Yes, I forgot him. I mentioned Landers earlier today as a possible fix for what ails us in the Red Zone!

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    Brenton Cox has been getting significant PT from Game #1. There are four guys I'd like to see get more PT:

Adam Anderson
    Channing Tindall
    Otis Reese
    Quay Walker

Future Gus busters.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cox player a lot at the beginning of the year, and overall considering he’s a freshman. He didn’t do much at the beginning of the year, but seems to be coming along better the past game or two. I agree on Stokes, he played well against Mizzou and thought he might’ve earned the starting spot over Campbell that game. I wonder with Bama’s speedy smaller receivers if Stokes starts at nickel, as he’s a burner. And I’m down for any ILB to step up. With Davis helping in the middle upfront, need to solidify the linebackers, especially inside.

• BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake Skole

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 454 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Da mn where are the Justin Fields groupies?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Jake Skole

Too late ^^ at 4:12 pm, 'cause at 2:34 pm ...vv

@Kasey said:
    Jake Skole

But who's counting?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Jake Skole

@Kasey said:
    Jake Skole

But who's counting?

Great minds

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PerroGrande said:
    I never will forget Gurley’s first year. He was good from day one, but it was the SECCG against Alabama when I realized this kid wasn’t normal. As a TF, he was running over elephants like they were toy soldiers. That is what is exciting about talented youngsters: you never know when the light switch is going to flip on, and they realize they can compete with anybody in the SEC. I think we have more of those guys in the ‘18 class than Georgia has ever had in a freshman class, and from now till next year is when the light switch usually comes on.

The season opener against buffalo when he ran a kickoff back for a TD made me forget about Crowell

• BojanglesInsiderBojanglesInsider Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 7

@Kasey said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Jake Skole

@Kasey said:
    Jake Skole

But who's counting?

Great minds

Honest to Karma didn't even see it till after I posted. I read the thread title and immediately thought of myself, came in and posted drive-by style.

@BobcatGrad said:

@Kasey said:
    Jake Skole

I met Jake in an Atlanta Mall last February while I was killing time during a shopping spree by my wife and daughter. Jake could not have been nicer or more engaging. He really enjoys UGA and being a part of the program.

That's just how I roll

• cory430cory430 Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mathew Downing and Hudson, Ga is up big at that point.

• Herschel_TalkerHerschel_Talker Posts: 32 ✭✭ Sophomore

Malik Herring is another that has shown significant progress and earned a few more reps IMO.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Beal and Tindall will continue to work into the rotation. Anderson will probably begin to get more reps next year, along with Walker. It's crazy how much young depth we have.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 281 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fields (goal line situations)
    Cook (goal line situations)
    DRob (goal line situations)

Drob is injured

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg1419 said:
    Drob is injured

How?

@ghostofuga1 said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@Kasey said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Jake Skole

@Kasey said:
    Jake Skole

But who's counting?

Great minds

Honest to Karma didn't even see it till after I posted. I read the thread title and immediately thought of myself, came in and posted drive-by style.

@BobcatGrad said:

@Kasey said:
    Jake Skole

I met Jake in an Atlanta Mall last February while I was killing time during a shopping spree by my wife and daughter. Jake could not have been nicer or more engaging. He really enjoys UGA and being a part of the program.

That's just how I roll

Don't be bringing none of that subliminal can biscuit junk to this fine establishment.

edited November 8

@greshamdisco said:

@Dawg1419 said:
    Drob is injured

How?

Idk Kirby said so in his Tuesday pressor. He hasn’t traveled the last two game 1:5O mark.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mullen had an interesting point with Franks a couple days ago. Said he may have been forced to start before he was ready and it stunted his development. Its nice to see the new toys but until this Coaching staff proves otherwise we got to trust their decision making. If the kids arent ready it may do more harm than good. However i would like to see if tommy bush can be the next javon wims. Hes got the same height and build and we could use that but theres got to be a reason hes not out there

• southsidedawgsouthsidedawg Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    Brenton Cox has been getting significant PT from Game #1. There are four guys I'd like to see get more PT:

Adam Anderson
    Channing Tindall
    Otis Reese
    Quay Walker

Facts!!!!

• southsidedawgsouthsidedawg Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Where is Tommy bush and Matt Landers??? The 6'5 receivers we have!! Are they too tall to play in our offensive scheme?

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@southsidedawg said:
    Where is Tommy bush and Matt Landers??? The 6'5 receivers we have!! Are they too tall to play in our offensive scheme?

True freshman and redshirt freshman. Their time will come. Holloman is starting to show he can go up and get it with the best of them. Still needs to work on it to be as dominate as Wimms was, but he seems to be getting there. Not to mention there's some pretty good guys in front of Landers and Bush.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 8

@southsidedawg said:

Really. I wonder what the magic cut-off figure is for WRs. 6'6"? I guess their hip fluidity isn't quite as important as it is for a DB so they can be rangier. I do recall Harold Carmichael from the Philly Eagles who was pretty darn good at 6'7"