Third and long

cory430cory430 Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

Haven't seen any articles about this recently? Is it only newsworthy when they ****?

Comments

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 271 ✭✭✭ Junior

Third and long is a difficult proposition for any team, not just Georgia. I'm more concerned about converting 3rd 2yds. - 7yds. Increase those odds and you'll do just fine. Over the last two weeks we've improved our third down conversion percentage.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    Third and long is a difficult proposition for any team, not just Georgia. I'm more concerned about converting 3rd 2yds. - 7yds. Increase those odds and you'll do just fine. Over the last two weeks we've improved our third down conversion percentage.

I know. Early in the season it was something that some dug up when they just had to have something negative to talk about.

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 281 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 7

We stack up at 10th in the nation on 3rd down conversions:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/699

Didn’t find anything specific about 3rd & long.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Random 3rd down stat:
    Georgia was 1 for 10 on third down conversions v. Tennessee in 2014 and won 35-32. Four TD drives that never faced a third down.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:
    Random 3rd down stat:
    Georgia was 1 for 10 on third down conversions v. Tennessee in 2014 and won 35-32. Four TD drives that never faced a third down.

I agree. Pretty random, lol.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@cory430 said:

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

I know. Early in the season it was something that some dug up when they just had to have something negative to talk about.

We really have been awful on 3rd and long though. We showed against UF that well conceived and well executed plays can be successful in those situations. We had 3 situations against Kentucky similar to the situations where Fromm threw 3 tds on 3rd and long against The Lizards, we failed on all 3 because of poor execution.