Jadon

Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When he first de-committed, he only said “something happened”, but it didn’t take him long to say that Kirby should be giving Justin Fields more playing time.
Now I’m convinced beyond a moral certainty that his remark had nothing to do with JF not playing a single down in our next game. But at the same time, I believe that IN HASELWOOD’S VIEW, it was a direct response to what he said.
At any rate, as a result, JH has softened his remarks to the degree that he NOW only says he wishes UGA would pass more.
It would please me greatly if we run the ball 50 times for 400 yds and 6 TDs against Auburn and maybe throw it 10 times, just to remind folks that we can whenever we want. I know Kirby won’t do that, even if we’re able. I’m only saying that I’D enjoy it. And it would leave Mr. Haselwood and others free to ponder the reason why.
I REALLY hope that Jadon ends up coming here, and I hope my interpretation of the reason for his remarks is just a faulty inference.

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Mickey_Hand said:
    When he first de-committed, he only said “something happened”, but it didn’t take him long to say that Kirby should be giving Justin Fields more playing time.
    Now I’m convinced beyond a moral certainty that his remark had nothing to do with JF not playing a single down in our next game. But at the same time, I believe that IN HASELWOOD’S VIEW, it was a direct response to what he said.
    At any rate, as a result, JH has softened his remarks to the degree that he NOW only says he wishes UGA would pass more.
    It would please me greatly if we run the ball 50 times for 400 yds and 6 TDs against Auburn and maybe throw it 10 times, just to remind folks that we can whenever we want. I know Kirby won’t do that, even if we’re able. I’m only saying that I’D enjoy it. And it would leave Mr. Haselwood and others free to ponder the reason why.
    I REALLY hope that Jadon ends up coming here, and I hope my interpretation of the reason for his remarks is just a faulty inference.

What he said.

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

@UnderDog68 said:
    I'm over it and all the drama. If he isn't 100% UGA, then he needs to be somewhere else, and good luck to him wherever he decides to land.

What he said

• levanderlevander Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the OP, wasn’t the next game after Jadon decommitted, wasn’t that the Vandy game and not the Florida game?

In the Vandy game, Justin played a lot and we suddenly started passing more with Jake than we had been.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 395 ✭✭✭ Junior

@levander said:
    In the OP, wasn’t the next game after Jadon decommitted, wasn’t that the Vandy game and not the Florida game?

In the Vandy game, Justin played a lot and we suddenly started passing more with Jake than we had been.

Correct. The OP's timeline is off. The UF game was, if you're going to infer a message, Kirby telling everybody that Fromm is the QB even after a rough day in Baton Rouge. Everybody was calling for Fields to get a shot. Granted, part of the discussion was related to recruiting rumors, etc. that may have something to do with Jadon.

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:

I could be mistaken, and I didn't look it up, but it seems that the Fla game was the next game after he made the Fields comment -- not necessarily the next game after he de-committed.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I read in an article that he shouted a comment about the play calling and was told to hush on the sideline in that game.

• NYCLawDawgNYCLawDawg Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophomore

I don't know why we don't move to a hurry up offense. We have so many talented players, if we play another 20 downs a game that means more passes and rushes to go around. The way I see it if our team is more skilled than yours on both sides of the ball then the more downs we get on both sides of the ball, the more our advantages show up.

@GrayDawg said:

@levander said:

Correct. The OP's timeline is off. The UF game was, if you're going to infer a message, Kirby telling everybody that Fromm is the QB even after a rough day in Baton Rouge. Everybody was calling for Fields to get a shot. Granted, part of the discussion was related to recruiting rumors, etc. that may have something to do with Jadon.

I don't believe that OP's timeline is off.
    Immediately after the de-commitment Jadon didn't even GIVE a reason.
    The only FACT I may be mistaken about is when he made the frequently re-quoted "Something Happened" remark for the FIRST time.
    I still maintain that the Fields remark was made right before the Fla game. If I'm shown to be wrong about that, I'll gladly admit it.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 8

@NYCLawDawg said:
    I don't know why we don't move to a hurry up offense. We have so many talented players, if we play another 20 downs a game that means more passes and rushes to go around. The way I see it if our team is more skilled than yours on both sides of the ball then the more downs we get on both sides of the ball, the more our advantages show up.

Hurry up offenses generally lead to your defense being on the field a lot. AKA wearing down. Not a great formula, and not a ton of hurry up teams are playing for/winning championships either. So, that in and of itself is not worth it. Also, your premise of it getting the offense more snaps is predicated on the hurry up getting first downs and moving the ball. If you hurry up and go 3 & out, you aren't guaranteed more downs.

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@NYCLawDawg said:

Hurry up offenses generally lead to your defense being on the field a lot. AKA wearing down. Not a great formula, and not a ton of hurry up teams are playing for/winning championships either. So, that in and of itself is not worth it. Also, your premise of it getting the offense more snaps is predicated on the hurry up getting first downs and moving the ball. If you hurry up and go 3 & out, you aren't guaranteed more downs.

First downs are nice but they aren't the same as points.

@donm said:

@Teddy said:

@NYCLawDawg said:

First downs are nice but they aren't the same as points.

Never said they were.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just win baby

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tdub0199 said:
    I read in an article that he shouted a comment about the play calling and was told to hush on the sideline in that game.

Why was he on the sideline in the first place? Shouldn’t he be in the recruit stands?

@Mickey_Hand said:

@GrayDawg said:

@levander said:

The only FACT I may be mistaken about is when he made the frequently re-quoted "Something Happened" remark for the FIRST time.
    I still maintain that the Fields remark was made right before the Fla game. If I'm shown to be wrong about that, I'll gladly admit it.

I suppose I misread your original comment then. I was thinking you said he wanted to see more passing shortly after the decommit. I didn't feel like the UF game was shortly after the decommit. It doesn't really matter though. I think Kirby and Co. are doing whatever they feel gives them the best chance to win. It's hard to argue utilizing a healthy Swift and Holyfield as anything but our best chance to win.

If any of their game plan is a result of trying to woo JH, I would be shocked and a little concerned.

edited November 8

@GrayDawg said:

@Mickey_Hand said:

@GrayDawg said:

@levander said:

I suppose I misread your original comment then. I was thinking you said he wanted to see more passing shortly after the decommit. I didn't feel like the UF game was shortly after the decommit. It doesn't really matter though. I think Kirby and Co. are doing whatever they feel gives them the best chance to win. It's hard to argue utilizing a healthy Swift and Holyfield as anything but our best chance to win.

If any of their game plan is a result of trying to woo JH, I would be shocked and a little concerned.

And also I may not have expressed myself clearly. but as you said, it's no biggie.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 8

The plan is this...Book it.

1. Fields plays sparingly all year, hands the ball off or runs it....comes in for short yardage, etc. The reason is so there's no real film on him or what he can do.

2. Fields is inserted into the SECCG with instructions that the playbook is wide open and to go balls to the wall, like Saban did to us last year with Tua.

3. UGA shocks the world and beats Alabama in the SECCG. Mission accomplished.

4. We regain commits that have decommitted, and Kirby looks like a bona fide genius, but has the same QB controversy next year that Alabama had this year.

@UnderDog68 said:

1. Fields plays sparingly all year, hands the ball off or runs it....comes in for short yardage, etc. The reason is so there's no real film on him or what he can do.

2. Fields is inserted into the SECCG with instructions that the playbook is wide open and to go balls to the wall, like Saban did to us last year with Tua.

4. We regain commits that have decommitted, and Kirby looks like a bona fide genius, but has the same QB controversy next year that Alabama had this year.

Funny how often I hear people mention a similar scenario. Obviously, the revenge factor would be awesome if it played out this way, but I highly doubt it will happen. I just don't know that it makes sense to hold Fields back all year if he's really that much better than Fromm. I also don't know that Kirby would risk holding Fields back and then throwing him into the SEC Championship against a really good Alabama team without seeing him run the same plays in the regular season. That seems way too risky for CKS.

Also, mission accomplished would be winning the Natty, not the SEC.

@UnderDog68 said:

Regarding point #4, you’d have a QB controversy before next year. As you’d have it during the playoffs this year, if you played Fields and won the SECCG. Barring UGA wins their 3 remaining regular season games.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GrayDawg said:

The mission....is whatever game we are involved in at that particular time. And you must get over this particular hurdle first to play in 2 more games.

In this case, the scenario is the SECCG. After that, let the chips fall where they may, but I like our chances a lot better if Alabama were eliminated from the 4-team playoff field....Don't you?

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 8

Folks, I don’t like the he said, she said on recruits. What if it is wrong and you have UGA fans on here badmouthing kids for no reason? How does that come across? Just let the coaches handle it. I would bet $1000 that Kirby has forgotten more about interacting with recruits and players than anybody posting here on this site knows about the subject. I would bet another $1000 that he knows the individual kids better than 95%-100% of the people posting here. Kirby is working 80 hours a week trying to build a team, and we have guys on here talking about not wanting the people he is recruiting or has already recruited! Let him figure it out and quit speculating and building up angst against our kids—maybe totally unwarranted angst based on inaccurate information. Please. No, pretty please.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 193 ✭✭✭ Junior

Imo people are gonna look at this seccg as being the real natty this year. Bama could beat any of the other potential playoff teams by 2 tds. I think we can keep it close, but if we beat bama we could beat anyone else. We will either be the only team that beats bama this year, or the team that plays them closest

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UnderDog68 said:

I hope you’re right but after watching Fields against UK. He looks at one read then takes off running. If he’s acting or putting up a false front to hide his capabilities give him an secc ring and an Oscar.

@PerroGrande said:
    Folks, I don’t like the he said, she said on recruits. What if it is wrong and you have UGA fans on here badmouthing kids for no reason? How does that come across? Just let the coaches handle it. I would bet $1000 that Kirby has forgotten more about interacting with recruits and players than anybody posting here on this site knows about the subject. I would bet another $1000 that he knows the individual kids better than 95%-100% of the people posting here. Kirby is working 80 hours a week trying to build a team, and we have guys on here talking about not wanting the people he is recruiting or has already recruited! Let him figure it out and quit speculating and building up angst against our kids—maybe totally unwarranted angst based on inaccurate information. Please. No, pretty please.

If a kid’s psyche is so vulnerable and his self-esteem so low that he can be affected by what someone says in a FORUM for Pete's sake. he needs to sign with Powder Puff U.

• BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Mickey_Hand said:

@levander said:

I could be mistaken, and I didn't look it up, but it seems that the Fla game was the next game after he made the Fields comment -- not necessarily the next game after he de-committed.

You don’t have to explains yourself to Sherif @levander the OP policeman of this forum. Geez...

• levanderlevander Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawgEatin said:

@Mickey_Hand said:

@levander said:

You don’t have to explains yourself to Sherif @levander the OP policeman of this forum. Geez...

I have decided to start referring to you using only gender neutral pronouns, You claim to be female, but you don’t act effeminate enough for that to be believable. You act more like a d I c k than anything else.

@UnderDog68 said:

@GrayDawg said:

The mission....is whatever game we are involved in at that particular time. And you must get over this particular hurdle first to play in 2 more games.

In this case, the scenario is the SECCG. After that, let the chips fall where they may, but I like our chances a lot better if Alabama were eliminated from the 4-team playoff field....Don't you?

Yep. Especially coming off a loss to the Dawgs. It would be hard to beat them once, let alone twice.

• NYCLawDawgNYCLawDawg Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophomore

@bigdawg2223 said:

@UnderDog68 said:

I hope you’re right but after watching Fields against UK. He looks at one read then takes off running. If he’s acting or putting up a false front to hide his capabilities give him an secc ring and an Oscar.

Do you really think Saban kept Tua stashed away all year because he knew what a stud he was? Also if you remember correctly Tua was not amazing when he came on. Had we tackled him cleanly they would have been stopped on midfield before scoring their first TD. They also converted a ton of low % 4th down opportunities and there was the whole blocked punt thing..... They won fair and square but also the Tua talk is a little overdramatic and if waiting that long to play him made Saban a genius then there is a lot more luck to being a genius than I imagined, up to and including intentionally losing to Auburn knowing that the selection committee would put you in the playoffs even though you didn't even win your division much less your conference.

@BigDawgEatin said:

@Mickey_Hand said:

@levander said:

I try to respond to everyone in the same way they address me. And I didn’t see anything at all wrong with his post,