**The DawgNation visitor's list for UGA-Auburn** (Will be continually updated)

JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

This list has been building all week. We had the Wednesday 2 PM version of this list show up on our "Before The Hedges" show earlier this week.

I've been dropping names here and there on this thread but I wanted to give this its own thread.

  • There are some names I could put on this list, but I will not unless I've verified the visit with the recruit themselves or a key source over the last 36-48 hours.
  • Not trying to have a shiny and amazing list. Trying to build an accurate list. There is no need to overcook this list. It is going to be the biggest of the year regardless
  • There are some guys like 4-star OT commit Xavier Truss (conflict with Sunday state title game in RI) and 5-star junior OG Justin Rogers (who has been back and forth about the visit) that are not on this list.

Major 2019 targets
Official visit: 5-star Nakobe Dean/Horn Lake, Miss./Nation's No. 1 ILB
Official visit: 4-star Trevor Keegan Crystal Lakes, Ill./ Nation's No. 16 OT
Official visit: 4-star Kenny McIntosh/Fort Lauderdale, Fla./ Nation's No. 10 RB
Unofficial visit: 5-star OL Clay Webb/Oxford, Ala./Nation's No. 1 C (Aims to be an OG early on in college)

2019 commitments
5-star OLB Nolan Smith/IMG Academy (Nation's No. 1 weak-side DE)
5-star DT Travon Walker/Upson-Lee HS (Nation's No. 2 DT)
5-star WR Dominick Blaylock (Nation's No. 6 WR)
4-star ILB Rian "Trouble" Davis (Nation's No. 3 OLB)
4-star ILB Trezman Marshall (Nation's No. 6 ILB)
4-star TE Ryland Goede (Nation's No. 6 TE)
4-star QB John Rhys Plumlee (Nation's no. 8 dual-threat QB)
4-star OT Warren McClendon (Nation's No. 24 OT)
4-star DE Bill Norton (Nation's No. 11 strong-side DE)
3-star DE Zion Logue (Nation's No. 29 strong-side DE)
3-star DT Tymon Mitchell (Nation's No. 24 DT)

Interesting: Looks like at least 11 of the 17 public UGA commits will be in town. At least. The others: (3) JUCO guys; (1) Texas resident; (1) Louisiana resident who will be at UGA for GT; (1) RI resident who plays for a state title this weekend.

2020 commits
5-star OT Broderick Jones (Nation's No. 3 OT)
4-star DT Jamil Burroughs (Nation's No. 4 DT)
4-star DT Nazir Stackhouse (Nation's No. 15 DT)

Also interesting: Looks like all three of the 2020 commits will be there.

2020 targets
5-star DE Bryan Bresee/Damascus, Md. (Nation's No. 1 DE)
5-star CB Fred Davis/Jacksonville, Fla. (Nation’s No. 3 CB)
4-star QB Robbie Ashford/Hoover, Ala. (Nation's No. 4 dual-threat QB)
4-star RB Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby (Nation's No. 7 RB)
4-star DE Andy Boykin/LaGrange, Ga. (Nation's No. 11 SDE)
4-star CB Lejond Cavazos (Ohio State commit and Nation's No. 9 S)
4-star DE Jacolbe Cowan/Charlotte, NC (Nation's No. 6 SDE)
4-star DT Alex Huntley (Nation's No. 19 DT)

Comments

  • donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JeffSentell said:
    This list has been building all week. We had the Wednesday 2 PM version of this list show up on our "Before The Hedges" show earlier this week.

    I've been dropping names here and there on this thread but I wanted to give this its own thread.

    • There are some names I could put on this list, but I will not unless I've verified the visit with the recruit themselves or a key source over the last 36-48 hours.
    • Not trying to have a shiny and amazing list. Trying to build an accurate list. There is no need to overcook this list. It is going to be the biggest of the year regardless
    • There are some guys like 4-star OT commit Xavier Truss (conflict with Sunday state title game in RI) and 5-star junior OG Justin Rogers (who has been back and forth about the visit) that are not on this list.

    Major 2019 targets
    Official visit: 5-star Nakobe Dean/Horn Lake, Miss./Nation's No. 1 ILB
    Official visit: 4-star Trevor Keegan Crystal Lakes, Ill./ Nation's No. 16 OT
    Official visit: 4-star Kenny McIntosh/Fort Lauderdale, Fla./ Nation's No. 10 RB
    Unofficial visit: 5-star OL Clay Webb/Oxford, Ala./Nation's No. 1 C (Aims to be an OG early on in college)

    2019 commitments
    5-star OLB Nolan Smith/IMG Academy (Nation's No. 1 weak-side DE)
    5-star DT Travon Walker/Upson-Lee HS (Nation's No. 2 DT)
    5-star WR Dominick Blaylock (Nation's No. 6 WR)
    4-star ILB Rian "Trouble" Davis (Nation's No. 3 OLB)
    4-star ILB Trezman Marshall (Nation's No. 6 ILB)
    4-star TE Ryland Goede (Nation's No. 6 TE)
    4-star QB John Rhys Plumlee (Nation's no. 8 dual-threat QB)
    4-star OT Warren McClendon (Nation's No. 24 OT)
    4-star DE Bill Norton (Nation's No. 11 strong-side DE)
    3-star DE Zion Logue (Nation's No. 29 strong-side DE)
    3-star DT Tymon Mitchell (Nation's No. 24 DT)

    Interesting: Looks like at least 11 of the 17 public UGA commits will be in town. At least. The others: (3) JUCO guys; (1) Texas resident; (1) Louisiana resident who will be at UGA for GT; (1) RI resident who plays for a state title this weekend.

    2020 commits
    5-star OT Broderick Jones (Nation's No. 3 OT)
    4-star DT Jamil Burroughs (Nation's No. 4 DT)
    4-star DT Nazir Stackhouse (Nation's No. 15 DT)

    Also interesting: Looks like all three of the 2020 commits will be there.

    2020 targets
    5-star DE Bryan Bresee/Damascus, Md. (Nation's No. 1 DE)
    4-star QB Robbie Ashford/Hoover, Ala. (Nation's No. 4 dual-threat QB)
    4-star RB Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby (Nation's No. 7 RB)
    4-star DE Andy Boykin/LaGrange, Ga. (Nation's No. 11 SDE)
    4-star CB Lejond Cavazos (Ohio State commit and Nation's No. 9 S)
    4-star DE Jacolbe Cowan/Charlotte, NC (Nation's No. 6 SDE)
    4-star DT Alex Huntley (Nation's No. 19 DT)

    that's one boatload of talent. Criminy.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Guessing staff feels like they can focus on recruits and not the UMASS game next week

  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    Thanks @JeffSentell ! I got a Bill aka “Wild Bill” Norton itch that needs to be scratched if you have time this weekend for a interview.

    Shoot... also have a Clay Webb itch that won’t go away either.

  • DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    This is starting to look like a make or break in the recruiting game. Georgia loses, same thing can happen to Emery. Granted, apparently Emery is backing out of his pledge due to his child, but there's been interviews that he doesn't like the competition. Hopefully, Georgia wins this one by a good amount.

    It's confusing rather. Recruits can go either direction in this.

    Option A: Georgia wins and recruits realize they don't want to play for a dumpster fire like Auburn.

    Option B: Georgia wins and recruits realize how bad of a program Auburn is and decides to go play for Auburn due to the fact that they can be part of a rebuild program and will start immediately.

    Option C: Auburn wins and recruits realize they can be part of the next class for Georgia and they can contend for a NC in the next few years or so.

    Option D: See Option A minus the dumpster fire part.

    Option E: Either program win, but realize they want to go play for a different school besides Georgia and Auburn.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @DawgsofWar said:
    This is starting to look like a make or break in the recruiting game. Georgia loses, same thing can happen to Emery. Granted, apparently Emery is backing out of his pledge due to his child, but there's been interviews that he doesn't like the competition. Hopefully, Georgia wins this one by a good amount.

    It's confusing rather. Recruits can go either direction in this.

    Option A: Georgia wins and recruits realize they don't want to play for a dumpster fire like Auburn.

    Option B: Georgia wins and recruits realize how bad of a program Auburn is and decides to go play for Auburn due to the fact that they can be part of a rebuild program and will start immediately.

    Option C: Auburn wins and recruits realize they can be part of the next class for Georgia and they can contend for a NC in the next few years or so.

    Option D: See Option A minus the dumpster fire part.

    Option E: Either program win, but realize they want to go play for a different school besides Georgia and Auburn.

    I'm of the firm belief winning cures all

  • Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @Kasey said:

    @DawgsofWar said:
    This is starting to look like a make or break in the recruiting game. Georgia loses, same thing can happen to Emery. Granted, apparently Emery is backing out of his pledge due to his child, but there's been interviews that he doesn't like the competition. Hopefully, Georgia wins this one by a good amount.

    It's confusing rather. Recruits can go either direction in this.

    Option A: Georgia wins and recruits realize they don't want to play for a dumpster fire like Auburn.

    Option B: Georgia wins and recruits realize how bad of a program Auburn is and decides to go play for Auburn due to the fact that they can be part of a rebuild program and will start immediately.

    Option C: Auburn wins and recruits realize they can be part of the next class for Georgia and they can contend for a NC in the next few years or so.

    Option D: See Option A minus the dumpster fire part.

    Option E: Either program win, but realize they want to go play for a different school besides Georgia and Auburn.

    I'm of the firm belief winning cures all

    I agree @Kasey

  • JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

    A couple of updates.....

    SCRATCH: Lejond Cavazos now will not be able to make it. Personal conflict. Does plan a return trip to see what a UGA gameday is all about.

    NOT MAKING THE TRIP: 5-star junior DE Myles Murphy. Big big name. But he's been to Athens at least 2-3 times already this year. His stout Hillgrove team is alive and well and will face Walton in the second round of the GHSA Class 7A state playoffs next week.

    He was never on my list for this week for a good reason.

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JeffSentell thanks for the early updates

  • mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    SDS reporting around 100 recruits will be there today. That sound accurate?

  • FightingtownDawgFightingtownDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

    @JeffSentell why no interest in the other receiver from Walton high. He seems pretty darn good but has no offers at all. Are there problems that we don’t know about. Issues with grades or other problems. He looked really good on the field with Blalock last night. Just curious. Thanks.

  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @JeffSentell seeing tweets about a 2nd big time RB coming to the game today (besides McIntosh) ?

  • WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @Kasey said:

    @DawgsofWar said:
    This is starting to look like a make or break in the recruiting game. Georgia loses, same thing can happen to Emery. Granted, apparently Emery is backing out of his pledge due to his child, but there's been interviews that he doesn't like the competition. Hopefully, Georgia wins this one by a good amount.

    It's confusing rather. Recruits can go either direction in this.

    Option A: Georgia wins and recruits realize they don't want to play for a dumpster fire like Auburn.

    Option B: Georgia wins and recruits realize how bad of a program Auburn is and decides to go play for Auburn due to the fact that they can be part of a rebuild program and will start immediately.

    Option C: Auburn wins and recruits realize they can be part of the next class for Georgia and they can contend for a NC in the next few years or so.

    Option D: See Option A minus the dumpster fire part.

    Option E: Either program win, but realize they want to go play for a different school besides Georgia and Auburn.

    I'm of the firm belief winning cures all

    I agree to some extent.
    Maintaining excellence in a program is far tougher than having an exceptional year or 2 though.

  • SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

    I'm of the firm belief winning cures all

    Sadly, I think you're only half right. These days winning with style cures all.

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @WCDawg said:

    @Kasey said:

    @DawgsofWar said:
    This is starting to look like a make or break in the recruiting game. Georgia loses, same thing can happen to Emery. Granted, apparently Emery is backing out of his pledge due to his child, but there's been interviews that he doesn't like the competition. Hopefully, Georgia wins this one by a good amount.

    It's confusing rather. Recruits can go either direction in this.

    Option A: Georgia wins and recruits realize they don't want to play for a dumpster fire like Auburn.

    Option B: Georgia wins and recruits realize how bad of a program Auburn is and decides to go play for Auburn due to the fact that they can be part of a rebuild program and will start immediately.

    Option C: Auburn wins and recruits realize they can be part of the next class for Georgia and they can contend for a NC in the next few years or so.

    Option D: See Option A minus the dumpster fire part.

    Option E: Either program win, but realize they want to go play for a different school besides Georgia and Auburn.

    I'm of the firm belief winning cures all

    I agree to some extent.
    Maintaining excellence in a program is far tougher than having an exceptional year or 2 though.

    @SquillDawg said:

    I'm of the firm belief winning cures all

    Sadly, I think you're only half right. These days winning with style cures all.

    I mostly meant for tonight’s game

  • JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

    Check out the DawgNation official visit primer for Dean as well.

  • JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

    Kenny McIntosh was in the Classic City yesterday. He did not have a game on Friday night in South Florida.

  • JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

    Want an official visit primer for Kenny Mac?

  • JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 2,373 admin

    New addition to the list......

    **5-star ATH Arik Gilbert/Marietta, Ga. **

    Rating: 5-star/Nation's No. 6 overall prospect for the Class of 2020
    Hgt./Wgt.: 6-5/228

  • scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    @JeffSentell said:
    Check out the DawgNation official visit primer for Dean as well.

    Great story on Dean and his family Jeff. I already wanted the kid for his skills but sounds very high character as well. As someone raised mostly by a single mom myself I can appreciate how important mom is in the decision...hope he commits to the G! Go Dawgs!! Beat the Dawg out of the Barn!!

  • scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

    Good news on Tyrique. Luckily Kirby:

  • ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 310 ✭✭✭ Junior

    @JeffSentell said:
    Pretty sure this was coming. Just wanted to see him let it out first.

    Is that a commitment or appearance?

  • KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

    @ThisDawg said:

    @JeffSentell said:
    Pretty sure this was coming. Just wanted to see him let it out first.

    Is that a commitment or appearance?

    Just an OV

Sign In or Register to comment.