Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is there a Rabbit in the hat this 2018 class

hashmarkhashmark Posts: 76 ✭✭ Sophomore

like Isaiah Wilson last year if i remember correctly that we didn't hear much about him to the end of recruiting cycle, I might be wrong on that, but any ideas on this year's class

Comments

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great question.... I would say JJ Peterson

• ladawgladawg Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Make your predictions now @SnoopDawg, @tiger_62082 .. show us what you're working with

• hashmarkhashmark Posts: 76 ✭✭ Sophomore

N,o predictions,hopefully 2 players like a parson and a surtain jr

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Parsons and Surtain and Campbell would be sweet

• spradlin24spradlin24 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I personally think we have a better shot with Henry than we do with Parsons. I do think if Fields is in the class that enhances our chances with Parsons. Still picking him to be part of OSU class which could turn Cox back to UGA in the end. I like the JJ Peterson idea and it is very possible with the depth at Bama and Quay Walker already in the mix there too. I think if we have a good start to the season and look good doing it with young pups playing a part the sky is the limit for who we could land in this class. Most elite guys are in a wait and see mode with UGA.

• SnoopDawgSnoopDawg Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ladawg said:
    Make your predictions now @SnoopDawg, @tiger_62082 .. show us what you're working with

Snoop wishes Brenton Cox or that Allen kid that went to ND would flip back to the Dogs of war

cox and allen would be good 4 the good guys tweet them snoop lol peace out holmes

• PortlanddawgPortlanddawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've gotta go w Parsons. Similar to Wilson bc he's an out of state kid, high ranked, and has interest in us. Or maybe Brennan Eagles.
    If we're talking in state kids, I'd go w Allen or Peterson.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In order I think of:

Samdidge, Henry, Parsons, Peterson, Tindall (shocked he wasnt mentioned) Eagles, Joiner/Pierce, Trout, Pope, Harris, Tutt, Surtian/Campbell (semi pipeline lol), and Horn (just to be silly).

Flip potential:
    Allen, McMicheal, Chimedza, Cox, Wynn, Frierson, Monday,

• Dawghandler85Dawghandler85 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭ Junior

I heard that Tindall was blown away by his visit to Athens this weekend. Also, word got out that Quay Walker was in town as well. Just read that Micah Parsons will be visiting this weekend but can't confirm because I'm not a member on rivals. I feel like some of these guys are sensing some of the big time momentum going on with this program and want to be a part of it. (Kind've like with the 17' class) My vote for a big time surprise is Parsons. When we talk about "surprises" we're referring to guys that are completely off the radar or guys that we thought we had little to no chance with right? I think Parsons fits that bill.

I had Parsons but beginning to think we get Corral so will go with Jalen Hall

@Denmen185 What makes you think we're not getting Fields?

• SavannahDawg1SavannahDawg1 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not trying to be Debbie downer but Parson is pushing Ohio state hard in Twitter. I don't think it will be him.

The biggest surprise is hard to predict because I believe it will be from an elite recruit(commit) who loses faith after their team has a terrible season. Is probably go with Allen because I think ND will have a bad season. Maybe I'M henry because I'd could easily see Clemson returning to Clemsux this season.

@Dawghandler85 said:
    @Denmen185 What makes you think we're not getting Fields?

I just have a feeling based on the timing. If he's a silent then I would have thought that he would have made public last few days. If he is 50/50 or even a lean to UGA I don't think we can not take Corral if he wants to commit. If Fields is going to commit before Corral visit why would he wait 7 days +/- to do so. I certainly don't think that we can wait until late October/November for him as Corral is an early enroll I think.

Agreed. I don't think he would be a silent. If he is going to commit I think it'll be public to start recruiting and building the class. I remember someone saying that he likes to wait two weeks after a visit to see if he still feels the same way about a school. I think we've all read post commit stories about recruits wanting to commit and parents making them wait just to be sure. Chris Smith was one of them here recently. I wasn't expecting him to commit on his visit but my fingers are still crossed for a commit prior to the Corral visit. If Corral visits and doesn't commit I think that can also be very telling. May not be a silent but solid enough chance that they're willing to go all in. We're not on the inside so we'll never know what the staff based their decision on one way or the other. On the outside looking in I agree that you can't pass on Corral if you're not positive about Fields.