Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

PB&J

JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

About to file for a divorce over this debate... First, pb&j on separate slices of bread or jammed all together on a single side? I prefer separate sides for the peanut butter and jelly. What hairchested man ooor woman does single side?

Second, do you clean the knife in between spreading peanut butter before moving onto jelly spreading? I sort of understand this side which is clean the knife, but I’m the only one using these products. I could care less if there is peanut butter in the jelly jar.

Apparently, it’s the same difference. Look forward to the insight and prove me wrong.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Haven’t made one in a while. But I used to like to do both sides with peanut butter then jelly on top. And yes I clean the knife

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

I dont eat pb&j, but if you wanna talk queso and salsa mixing i can get in a debate about that.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tymoon31 said:
    I dont eat pb&j, but if you wanna talk queso and salsa mixing i can get in a debate about that.

Don’t even get me started...it’s a hard no on that

@JRT812 said:

@tymoon31 said:

Lol glad we agree. And if youre gonna do it. Go queso to salsa. Never put salsa in my queso

@Kasey said:
    Haven’t made one in a while. But I used to like to do both sides with peanut butter then jelly on top. And yes I clean the knife

Thank you Kasey bro. Both sides and will be sure to pass the information to the roommate/wife

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apply jelly to first slice of bread, then rinse the knife and apply PB to second slice. Put slices together to make sandwich. Don't overthink it.

@tymoon31 said:

@JRT812 said:

@tymoon31 said:

Lol glad we agree. And if youre gonna do it. Go queso to salsa. Never put salsa in my queso

No doubt. That will have to be a discussion for another day with her

@PTDawg said:
    Apply jelly to first slice of bread, then rinse the knife and apply PB to second slice. Put slices together to make sandwich. Don't overthink it.

So apply jelly to left slice or right slice?

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

That’s easy. Definitely, you want to segregate your PB and J. No mixing. That enhances the distinct flavors and textures in both the PB and J. You want to clean your knife because otherwise you would have a bunch of cross contamination. You might have strawberry, orange marmalade, raspberry, and honey all mixed in your PB over time. You may as well go outside and put some hog slop on a bun. Now, if you mix your PB and J and the J is smooth, you get a unique creamy and smooth hybrid. It can be good. But, as a rule of thumb, always segregate your components, and particularly if you have chunky J or PB.

@PTDawg said:

Apparently some over think it pt bro. However, I will go on record and say I could care less if the knife is washed in between especially if I’m the only one using it

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I'm not actually sure. I'll have to see next time I build one. I do put peanut butter 1st though and clean the knife on the bread. Glad to say this is not a problem at my house, but which frying pan to use to fry an egg is. What ? It's a frying pan. Geez

edited October 2018

@tymoon31 said:

@PTDawg said:

Tymoon bro, easy jelly right side then fold up

@JRT812 said:

@tymoon31 said:

@PTDawg said:

So right slice folded against itself? Then left slice folded against itself? Then put together?

edited October 2018

@PerroGrande said:
    That’s easy. Definitely, you want to segregate your PB and J. No mixing. That enhances the distinct flavors and textures in both the PB and J. You want to clean your knife because otherwise you would have a bunch of cross contamination. You might have strawberry, orange marmalade, rasperry, and honey all mixed in your PB over time. You may as well go outside and put some hog slop on a bun. Now, if you mix your PB and J and the J is smooth, you get a unique creamy and smooth hybrid. It can be good. But, as a rule of thumb, always segregate your components, and particularly if you have chunky J or PB.

Perro bro... I can tell you had a pb&j sandwich before

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I put the jelly on one slice with spoon and the peanut butter on the other slice with a butter knife. They never touch until you jam ‘em together and then cut it in half from corner to corner.

@tymoon31 said:

@JRT812 said:

@tymoon31 said:

@PTDawg said:

So right slice folded against itself? Then left slice folded against itself? Then put together?

Ty bro it’s pb on left side and the jelly on the right side. Fold up and enjoy.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@JRT812 said:
    About to file for a divorce over this debate... First, pb&j on separate slices of bread or jammed all together on a single side? I prefer separate sides for the peanut butter and jelly. What hairchested man ooor woman does single side?

Second, do you clean the knife in between spreading peanut butter before moving onto jelly spreading? I sort of understand this side which is clean the knife, but I’m the only one using these products. I could care less if there is peanut butter in the jelly jar.

Apparently, it’s the same difference. Look forward to the insight and prove me wrong.

1st option = 2 slices of bread; PB and J
    2nd option = 1 slice of bread; PB and J

Solution: If I want 2 slices of bread, I would chose option 1, but if I am not carb loading, I chose option 2. Further elaboration: In my decrepitude, I am far more likely to chose option 2, but in my (non) salad days (really), I would chose option 1.

Utensil in containers: Separate utensil for each container, even if other container has same product (like you run out of PB and open a new jar of PB - new utensil for new PB). Learned long ago that any lapseof ^^ would result in icky feeling when looking in J and seeing remnants of PB - looks weird and unappetizing. (Is it PB or some weird fungus/mold/etc.)

If you are concerned about a hairchested woman 'doing' single side (or anything else), then PB & J is your least concern, FWIW. BUT, hairchested woman? - not that there is anything wrong with it! Just sayin'

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best way to avoid that conflict is to get the pb&j swirl in the same jar.

Not a dang thing you can do about it.

Side note, if y’all gone split over that, it was over a long time ago. I’m sorry, been through it myself.

God bless you brother.

@PlayHurt said:
    I put the jelly on one slice with spoon and the peanut butter on the other slice with a butter knife. They never touch until you jam ‘em together and then cut it in half from corner to corner.

Good grief playhurt bro....another debate for another day on using a spoon and a knife. Apparently that is more dishes to wash

@FirePlugDawg said:

@JRT812 said:

1st option = 2 slices of bread; PB and J
    2nd option = 1 slice of bread; PB and J

Solution: If I want 2 slices of bread, I would chose option 1, but if I am not carb loading, I chose option 2. Further elaboration: In my decrepitude, I am far more likely to chose option 2, but in my (non) salad days (really), I would chose option 1.

Utensil in containers: Separate utensil for each container, even if other container has same product (like you run out of PB and open a new jar of PB - new utensil for new PB). Learned long ago that any lapseof ^^ would result in icky feeling when looking in J and seeing remnants of PB - looks weird and unappetizing. (Is it PB or some weird fungus/mold/etc.)

If you are concerned about a hairchested woman 'doing' single side (or anything else), then PB & J is your least concern, FWIW. BUT, hairchested woman? - not that there is anything wrong with it! Just sayin'

Hahahaha fire plug bro!