Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tua over rated?

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is the fascination with this guy? Im not saying he is not good. But he is basically a rookie. He has a great arm and hes on a great team, which makes him look better.
I just saw he is now #1 in the Heisman race.i just dont understand the hype. IMO he is above average at best.

Is it Tua or is it Bama?

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Kid is legit.

I hate him too, but I have to give him props. He's basically the new Tim Tebow and he will have his day where he gets shut down soon (I hope anyway)

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best college football player I’ve seen since #34 was running tween the hedges.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am so sick of hearing about tua on espn and such but it’s deserved.

Hard to separate what’s him vs what’s the dudes around him, but no matter how that split goes he’s awesome. Don’t let your hate blind you. If he’s not the best qb in the country he is top 5, but as far as college qbs go he’s about as good as it gets.

• JesupdawgJesupdawg Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PlayHurt said:
    Best college football player I’ve seen since #34 was running tween the hedges.

He’s good no doubt, but I’m telling you, his receivers are F R E A K S, they go get balls that our receivers just don’t

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His stats are inhuman.

• imissmunsonimissmunson Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

He’s extremely accurate, isn’t easily rattled (or hasn’t been so far, he has a big enough arm, and as @Jesupdawg said, he has freaks around him.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tua is very good and so is the rest of Bama’s team, hard to beat that combo. Can they be defeated? Of course but it will take a true “team effort “ from someone.

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

his qbr is 97.4 .. nothing overrated about that.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Assuming we make it to the playoffs, I want Tuna Tagaravioli to win the Heisman. Lady Karma says it would drastically improve our odds against Bama.

Plagiarism! That’s my line!! Bahahahaha :D

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:
    Assuming we make it to the playoffs, I want Tuna Tagaravioli to win the Heisman. Lady Karma says it would drastically improve our odds against Bama.

Wait, I say Tangyravioli lol

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Lol over rated hahahahhahahaha uh no........now maybe if we were talking about another qb with lots of talent around him.......answer could be yes

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No hes rated just right and if ANYONE should know that it's a Georgia fan. Jeez.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The attention he was getting earlier was probably mostly hype due to his performance in the title game. What he's done this season is hard to ignore though.

The Heisman being what it is and the fact he really is producing remarkably efficiently, he's an overwhelming favorite to win the award. Honestly, who could argue if he has 40 or more tds with just 2 or 3ints for the #1 team ?

@dawgnms said:
    Lol over rated hahahahhahahaha uh no........now maybe if we were talking about another qb with lots of talent around him.......answer could be yes

Other than not making mistakes what he is superb at is what he beat us with, downfield throws, he just doesn't seem to miss.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He leads the nation in QBR... by a lot. He doesn't play in the 4th quarter because he's so good they have everyone put away by the 2nd half. I hate his guts.

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's very good and I can't say I hate him like some others here. Don't know why anyone would hate him. I'm a little jealous just to be completely honest I would like to see him in red and black. 🤷‍♂️

@RxDawg said:
    He leads the nation in QBR... by a lot. He doesn't play in the 4th quarter because he's so good they have everyone put away by the 2nd half. I hate his guts.

Oh. he's a putrid **** alright.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This guy is putting up numbers no other college QB has even come close to. That’s the big deal. He’s basically a human video game. You can’t hate on the kid for being absurdly good. He’s also basically the ideal scholar and citizen.