Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A one time very off topic comment...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited October 2018 in General

In light of recent events and our political climate I want to share words spoken by Mayor William Hartsfield just over 60 years ago, the day after the Oct. 12th 1958 dynamite bombing of a Jewish temple in Atlanta.

''Whether they like it or not, every political rabble rouser is the godfather of these cross burners and dynamiters who sneak about in the dark and give a bad name to the south'' ____Atlanta Mayor William Hartsfield.
It's not dynamite or restricted to the south now, it's AR-15s and pipe bombs and it's national. We're better than this.

WORDS MATTER, especially when they come from supposed leaders.

Comments

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I assume you mean to include the talk about "go to these peoples homes approach them in stores and restaurants get in there face make sure they know they aren't wanted anymore" "when they go low we kick them". And include a Senator being shot by a **** while at baseball practice and another getting Ricin sent to him in the mail. Just wanted to be sure the accounts aren't being overlooked and cherry picked.

• tymoon31tymoon31 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    In light of recent events and our political climate I want to share words spoken by Mayor William Hartsfield just over 60 years ago, the day after the Oct. 12th 1958 dynamite bombing of a Jewish temple in Atlanta.

''Whether they like it or not, every political rabble rouser is the godfather of these cross burners and dynamiters who sneak about in the dark and give a bad name to the south'' ____Atlanta Mayor William Hartsfield.
    It's not dynamite or restricted to the south now, it's AR-15s and pipe bombs and it's national. We're better than this.

Im guessing youre one of those ban assault weapons guys...

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Freedom isn't free... it costs folks like you and me....

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WC you post a lot of stuff on here that makes no sense being on this board. Have you ever tried reddit

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@flemingislanddawg said:
    I assume you mean to include the talk about "go to these peoples homes approach them in stores and restaurants get in there face make sure they know they aren't wanted anymore" "when they go low we kick them". And include a Senator being shot by a **** while at baseball practice and another getting Ricin sent to him in the mail. Just wanted to be sure the accounts aren't being overlooked and cherry picked.

I meant to make a point, not a rant.
    Also, my post wasn't meant for you, we have nothing to discuss outside of sports.

@judasdurant said:
    WC you post a lot of stuff on here that makes no sense being on this board. Have you ever tried reddit

Name another off topic thread I've started.

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

This isn't meant for you.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I try not to blame someone for other people's wrongdoings... And I missed the part where leaders are promoting pipe bombings and shootings.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

This is twice you have said that. So, who was it meant for?

@Teddy said:
    I try not to blame someone for other people's wrongdoings... And I missed the part where leaders are promoting pipe bombings and shootings.

Of course you did.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

Of course you did.

Yeah, I'm not a mentally ill person.

@BamaDawg said:

@WCDawg said:

@tymoon31 said:

@WCDawg said:

This is twice you have said that. So, who was it meant for?

It was meant for people very different from you.
    I have nothing to say to you outside of sports talk.

@Teddy said:

@WCDawg said:

@Teddy said:

Of course you did.

Yeah, I'm not a mentally ill person.

I have nothing to say to you outside of sports talk.

@RxDawg said:
    Freedom isn't free... it costs folks like you and me....

I get that, but leaders can lead towards water or they can lead us into fire.

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe not such a bad idea to let this topic do a slow disappearance ...

@dawghouse said:
    Maybe not such a bad idea to let this topic do a slow disappearance ...

I don't regret starting this thread.
    The readers who it was meant for don't need any further explanation. Those who take exception are not reachable, that much I'm sure of.

• benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we ban assault weapons, we may not stop mass shootings, but we'd definitely make them less effective, and our cops would be safer. 3 cops got shot in Pittsburgh b/c crazy people have better weapons than street cops, and equivalent weapons to SWAT. Thats a problem, and what would a security guard do to stop it, if he's bringing a glock vs an ar 15, and the gunman has the element if surprise?

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg is sorting you all. Hope you end up on the right list...